Home

I'm sick of the computer cheating

This is a discussion on I'm sick of the computer cheating within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2012, 04:35 AM   #73
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: I'm sick of the computer cheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymrat8168
I will never understand the reason for having locked controls.
Because it makes absolutely no sense. That seems to be the reasoning with most EA decisions.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:37 AM   #74
Pro

der juicen's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymrat8168
I will never understand the reason for having locked controls.
It's something everyone does, not just EA. I really don't know the reasoning, though I am happy they moved LB receiver to RB. Makes my life just a little easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegomaize
Because it makes absolutely no sense. That seems to be the reasoning with most EA decisions.
You do know EA is not the sole company responsible nor the only company that makes it such that you cannot edit controls, right? Now you're just looking childish as you attack EA. All the developers of most games must have some asinine reason.

The only game I know of with full customizable controls is Skyrim. Forza has slightly modifiable controls.

Last edited by der juicen; 07-19-2012 at 04:39 AM.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:15 AM   #75
Rookie

demon19000's Arena

OVR: 3

Obviously I know the OP was playing online, so this solution won't help him.

But for those playing offline, I would HIGHLY suggest deleting the Tuner. I deleted the tuner, and not only is the game smoother, but it is overall much more balanced in my opinion.
!
--------------------------------------
PSN: demon19000
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2012, 09:27 AM   #76
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegomaize
Funny how some of you are ok with the computer cheating. Your solution is to figure out a way to exploit the computer... Pretty typical. I'm sure you are cheeses in online play as well.
i just dont think the cpu cheats, it gets more aggresive by playcalling and they have a bonus for being on heisman which by the way they said a few years ago is only a awarness bump (we do know awarness effects attributes also-read and react). If the bonus they get is what you mean by cheating then I get that. but im not seeing them catch balls through my recievers or the refs not calling them down or anything. its not like it was 5 or 6 years ago where the cpu completely changes in the 4th.

the cpu's gameplan goes to aggresive in the last part of a game also if they are behind. you must protect the ball with a lead late. wait, isnt that just like real life. I wish i could even see a little of this cheat but i havent seen the cpu come back on my in 4th yet. the cpu is probably saying ive got comeback cheat. Done it twice in season 1.

and the seams being open isnt a cheat, its just bad coding. it was the same last year. not a difference from last year before patch. there are tons of threads from last year about the seams and 4 verts. hopefully they fix it like last year.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:08 AM   #77
Beat the Heat!

chi_hawks's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
i just dont think the cpu cheats, it gets more aggresive by playcalling and they have a bonus for being on heisman which by the way they said a few years ago is only a awarness bump (we do know awarness effects attributes also-read and react). If the bonus they get is what you mean by cheating then I get that.
No - its more than just an awareness bump (although that goes way up, no doubt). Seeing linebackers and defensive tackles chase down slot receivers (who have far faster speed and accel.) isn't due to an awareness bump. Seeing WR's truck 2 db's and a linebacker isn't due to an awareness bump. Seeing your own offensive line get murdered within seconds of the snap isn't due to an awareness bump.

It's due to attribute bumps - which yes, make the game more challening, but also MUCH more frustrating, especially when you are playing an inferior team. The computer is juiced, bottom line.

Like I said earlier, would be nice to see the AI call better plays, audible and exploit mismatches more on tougher difficulties. Simply jacking up the comptuers attributes and awareness isn't just frustrating, its lazy.

http://www.operationsports.com/chi_hawks/blog/
Old 07-19-2012, 10:17 AM   #78
Rookie

ManBeast77's Arena

OVR: 1

this has been the debate on every sports game ever made, hell even all games have this debate. it is so hard to program realistic AI in video games without cutting corners, i havent played many games where I haven't felt cheated on higher difficulty levels. NCAA programers do not have the luxury of throwing a few more "bad guys" in the level like most other games do. all sports games will continue to have to cut corners until there is something more powerful out there to develop true AI.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:47 AM   #79
Rookie

shifty1's Arena

OVR: 1

I does get a little annoying when you're playing a friend offline who barely understands football and thinks he is "user" EVERYTHING, but it's the AI catching him up to be within 7 points. Gotta love when you select your MLB in mid-tackle animation and then go "Boom, USER!" It's almost comical how the AI forces momentum changes and you can almost predict when you are gonna go 3-and-out, or when the DB's stop dropping and start catching picks. Of course he has to play Oregon at home every time and could care less what playbook is being used or even what the players names are, but he spends 5 minutes making his uniform look pretty! After the first half, of course any audible isn't heard by your player if you are up more than 7-10 points. He thinks he's the comeback-kid, and I don't have the heart to tell him! It is what it is
Old 07-19-2012, 12:38 PM   #80
Rookie

TimLawNYC's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
i just dont think the cpu cheats, it gets more aggresive by playcalling and they have a bonus for being on heisman which by the way they said a few years ago is only a awarness bump (we do know awarness effects attributes also-read and react). If the bonus they get is what you mean by cheating then I get that. but im not seeing them catch balls through my recievers or the refs not calling them down or anything. its not like it was 5 or 6 years ago where the cpu completely changes in the 4th.

the cpu's gameplan goes to aggresive in the last part of a game also if they are behind. you must protect the ball with a lead late. wait, isnt that just like real life. I wish i could even see a little of this cheat but i havent seen the cpu come back on my in 4th yet. the cpu is probably saying ive got comeback cheat. Done it twice in season 1.
What difficulty are you playing on, and have you adjusted sliders? I haven't bought NCAA 13 (and won't be buying this year), but these same issues have been problems in this series since the transition to HD. You really haven't seen the CPU team, who you've managed to shut down the entire game, suddenly turn into a roster of All-Americans on you in the 4th Quarter, when your own team starts playing like a junior high squad? Or had "one of those games" where the CPU RB racks up over 300+ yards because, even though your defenders are getting to him early most plays, he simply breaks every tackle? You haven't noticed that the CPU is clairvoyant and automatically knows every play call you make--even audibles--before you even set the formation?

I've played hundreds of games in this series and it's very rare that I go into the 4th quarter losing the game, but it's also very rare that I manage to outscore the CPU in the 4th unless I have it on a difficulty/slider setting that isn't a challenge at all.

If you really haven't seen any CPU cheating or the "comeback AI" in action, you either haven't played NCAA enough, have the difficulty set pretty low, or are simply very, very lucky. The vast majority of people who have played these games are intimately familiar with the phenomena we are describing in this thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »