Home

CPU subs out my players and nothing wrong with him

This is a discussion on CPU subs out my players and nothing wrong with him within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2012, 11:18 AM   #9
Pro

Heyuimintojsus's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: CPU subs out my players and nothing wrong with him

It ain't the sub settings so I wish you guys would stop it. I checked that during the game. There's only one point or whatever from sub in/out.

IT IS NOT THAT. It took out my top two. I've read somewhere else on here about it, and they said the same thing - NOT SETTINGS.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:08 PM   #10
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyuimintojsus
It ain't the sub settings so I wish you guys would stop it. I checked that during the game. There's only one point or whatever from sub in/out.

IT IS NOT THAT. It took out my top two. I've read somewhere else on here about it, and they said the same thing - NOT SETTINGS.
What are you sub in/out settings?

And can you chill out? We're only trying help you out.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 10-01-2012, 03:23 PM   #11
Pro

Heyuimintojsus's Arena

Well you're not helping when I am telling you it's not the auto subs. They are 84/85, and I am in the fourth quarter of another game tied at 31-31, and the CPU did it again. The first time I did super sim, the running back came back. But I can't take the chances of not knowing what's going to happen that particular play to try it again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2012, 03:32 PM   #12
Pro

Heyuimintojsus's Arena

My running back never came back - even after simming the next play. This is not auto subs. He only had 96 yards this game.

Fortunately I was able to run out the clock and not lose this one.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:36 PM   #13
Pro

JoBo513's Arena

OVR: 9
What's your rbs stamina ratings?

Personally I don't go above 80 for sub in because I have the same problem if I do.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:39 PM   #14
Pro

Heyuimintojsus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBo513
What's your rbs stamina ratings?

Personally I don't go above 80 for sub in because I have the same problem if I do.
88 on the main one. I use 2 different backs in sets, so they both get almost same amount of carries. But it only happens in the fourth quarter.

I have not experienced this in the previous five years of our OD.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:46 PM   #15
Banned

MarylandMan's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
88 on the main one. I use 2 different backs in sets, so they both get almost same amount of carries. But it only happens in the fourth quarter.

I have not experienced this in the previous five years of our OD.
Set sub in to 66. You will rarely get subs, and if you do your player is really tired.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2012, 09:17 AM   #16
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Well you're not helping when I am telling you it's not the auto subs. They are 84/85, and I am in the fourth quarter of another game tied at 31-31, and the CPU did it again. The first time I did super sim, the running back came back. But I can't take the chances of not knowing what's going to happen that particular play to try it again.
First of all Jello is 100 percent right when he says this situation is occurring due to your sub settings. I did not want to reply to this thread until you actually submitted your sub in/out numbers, especially after the way you reacted to a user who did nothing but give you correct info. Now...to repeat everything that Jello said...

EA decided a few years ago to add a progressive fatigue system to the NCAA series which as was said before affects all players in the game. Basically each player starts with 100 percent stamina, but as the game goes on their stamina levels progressively decrease, meaning that it is impossible for any player to get all the way back up to 100 percent full stamina due to physical excursion during the course of a game. HBs and D-lineman seem to be most affected by this, so if your HB is being used like a rented mule and his max stamina drops below the stamina number you have listed in your SUB IN sliders he will not return to the game. 80/85 is usually a safe setting for RBs and D-lineman because it gives the best combination of player rotation and the least likely chance of a player falling bellow that 85 sub in mark, but it still happens from time to time when a player is used too much, most especially for RBs and D-Lineman as I said.

This fatigue system has been a double edged sword for years. It was was completely broken on NCAA 10. I returned the game after a month...these days are much better, but not perfect.

There is your answer. Like it or not.

Edit: Let me also add that just because your back had only 95 yards doesn't mean his stamina rating did not drop below 85. This fatigue system possibly carries over from game to game in dynasties. It has been tested by a couple of members here. So yes that is why your guy never came back. It happens to everyone that sets their sub in slider for HBs too high. This is old news search the forums. You will find guys like me gripping about this very same issue.

Last edited by Sundown2600; 10-02-2012 at 09:24 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »