Home

NCAA Football 14 Demo Impressions Roundtable

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Demo Impressions Roundtable within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2013, 11:26 AM   #49
Rookie

AlreadyKnoJ's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzydd
It's a damn good reason why I shouldn't hand over $60 on day one though.
That ridiculous, If the game is good, and you love football, your not gonna buy the game becuz "This shoulda came out 5-6 years ago". Thats crazy.

Again, if EA can fix the 1. Corny replay angles, 2. Turn up the crowd noise to deafening on TDs and big plays, 3.Cut out those corny a** presentations in the beginning and go back to the NCAA 06 Pregame presentation, than this is a A+ effort all around.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:28 AM   #50
Rookie

AlreadyKnoJ's Arena

OVR: 4
and EA, give us a EQUIPMENT UPGRADE IN THE MARKETPLACE THAT CARRIES OVER TO OD, PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Old 06-21-2013, 12:05 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 0
Lags like crazy. Better not lag when the real game comes out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2013, 10:28 AM   #52
Just started!

The game is much improve but being a loyal fan of the series I have to mention and hopefully it don't go on unheard ears that every runner is a power runner quarterbacks, running backs, and receivers. I play on Heisman no other level I been truck and stiff arm so many times by players u never seen truck or stiff arm anybody in real life game. Just going to give an example of De'Anthony Thomas is trucking and stuff arming people like crazy he is a great speed and elusive player but can anyone find game film of him full on trucking or stiff arming somebody. That's my only negative.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:20 PM   #53
Rookie

geezmeister's Arena

OVR: 18
Eye black, captain's patches, the ability to choose team captain's. And track pride stickers. I think the game is amazing. Feels like the best one yet. But seriously...... Im gonna need you to patch this stuff in.......
Old 06-22-2013, 12:47 PM   #54
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NCAA Football 14 Demo Impressions Roundtable

Something I've always want them to add in:

The ability to shift formations and send different players in motion after the first player was in motion gets set.

Example.

I'm in the I-formation and **** my fullback to the right. My Fullback is now set. I then motion my WR on the left side of the formation over to the right side. My formation now looks totally different because I have moved two players.

It really opens up a lot of different play variations. As of now, you can only motion one guy and after he is set you have to move him back to his original position if you want to motion somebody else.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Old 06-22-2013, 02:43 PM   #55
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlreadyKnoJ
That ridiculous, If the game is good, and you love football, your not gonna buy the game becuz "This shoulda came out 5-6 years ago". Thats crazy.

Again, if EA can fix the 1. Corny replay angles, 2. Turn up the crowd noise to deafening on TDs and big plays, 3.Cut out those corny a** presentations in the beginning and go back to the NCAA 06 Pregame presentation, than this is a A+ effort all around.
We're not saying it's "good" though, just that it's improved. We're saying that while it is better than what we've had in the past, it's still just average and feels like something that should have been a 2nd or 3rd effort on these consoles. It's functional, and more playable than most of the games on this generation, but it's not "good."

And this is in our opinion, of course. If you think it's great, I'm not going to try to convince you any different. Your opinion of the game is really all that matters anyways. I'm just clarifying that for us it's not a case of "this game is great but since we didn't get it 5 years ago I'm not buying it." It's a case of "this game, while better, is still average and doesn't warrant a $65 purchase."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2013, 04:36 PM   #56
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

After playing the demo a lot more.....I am happy with NCAA 14. It feels much more organic than it ever has.

The AI seems much improved on offense and the option is a joy.

With that though.....I am not paying full retail for this game. No way.

I can keep playing NCAA 13 till a major price drop. I have paid enough full retail for EA games over the last 20 years.

The last 2 years I was able to pre-order this for 44.99 as well as Madden.

Not this year though. I wonder why? Anyway a really fun game is waiting with NCAA 14.

That is the thing that NCAA has bitch slapped Madden this gen on.

FUN FACTOR.

It is a far more enjoyable football game than Madden this gen.....by far.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »