Home

Keeping your Dynasty fresh

This is a discussion on Keeping your Dynasty fresh within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2013, 09:25 PM   #41
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Keeping your Dynasty fresh

Some good ones in there. I do some of those already, especially the recruiting rules. I agree that it's a great way help manage the challenge level.

I think I may adopt your historic jersey number tradition. I like that one.

Also, I just implemented a new one last weekend similar to your "Give a random player a big attributes increase/decrease between seasons". I became dissatisfied how many of my players just felt generic, and did not stand apart much from one another. I wanted to do something to mix in a "Clowney" type of freak that comes along every few years, or at the very least, a noticeably better freshman than typical. (Amari Cooper, for example)

Here's the details on mine:

I haven't decided the frequency of this, but last class I randomly drew 2 incoming freshmen and did my own "Gem" or "Bust". For my Gem, I get to add 25 attribute points anywhere I want, however there's a max of +5 to any one skill. For my Bust, I have to deduct 25 attribute points (5 points in 5 key skills). The deductions have to be relevant to that player's position (can't take away -5 on punt power for a WR, that doesn't matter)

The results my first trial was interesting. The Gem +25 randomly fell on a 4* DE, who was already a cpu gem. So, this 4* came to Tuscaloosa rated 81 (+7 cpu gem), then the result of my Gem +25, which added +4 more = an 85 rated Freshman to spice things up! My Bust was a 4* MLB that fell from a 79 over to a 75.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nooooovak
Like others on this thread have said, I make up my own storylines to keep it interesting. In the past I've:

-Established traditions, such as passing down the number 13 from player to player based on who I feel is the most deserving of it (similar to how LSU passes down the number 18). I also have homecoming, where I'll wear a special jersey.

-Kicked one of my best players off the team for breaking team rules. One time I re-created him at a 1-star school for his senior year.

-Give a random player a big attributes increase/decrease between seasons and pretend that a player showed up out of shape or in much better shape. Don't do this very often, though.

-Mix up conferences often

-Give yourself strict recruiting rules, otherwise you can build a powerhouse VERY fast.

-Give guys 1-game suspensions, give a lineman a nagging injury that decreases his ability for a few weeks

-I change virtually every player's equipment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2013, 01:35 AM   #42
Rookie

falcor1234's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nooooovak
Like others on this thread have said, I make up my own storylines to keep it interesting. In the past I've:

-Established traditions, such as passing down the number 13 from player to player based on who I feel is the most deserving of it (similar to how LSU passes down the number 18). I also have homecoming, where I'll wear a special jersey.

-Kicked one of my best players off the team for breaking team rules. One time I re-created him at a 1-star school for his senior year.

-Give a random player a big attributes increase/decrease between seasons and pretend that a player showed up out of shape or in much better shape. Don't do this very often, though.

-Mix up conferences often

-Give yourself strict recruiting rules, otherwise you can build a powerhouse VERY fast.

-Give guys 1-game suspensions, give a lineman a nagging injury that decreases his ability for a few weeks

-I change virtually every player's equipment.
Those are some good ones that i may try. I used to create a stud recruit like an adrian peterson or beanie wells just to see where they wentand what they did in there carreers.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:46 AM   #43
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Not picking on you specifically my friend, but WHY ON EARTH does everyone say OD when the "O" can mean online or offline? It doesn't exactly add clarity to one's statement....

Just curious what you actually meant here.
I think because the game calls offline dynasty just "Dynasty", not "Offline Dynasty", and online dynasty is referred to as "Online Dynasty" in the game. I see your point though.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:50 PM   #44
Rookie

I do a yearly offline season dynasty (or two) and my best ones are always ones where I keep a yearly notebook with season opponents, scores, award winners and a list of head to head games against common opponents and rivals listed in the notbook. Usually it ends up being around 30 pages and i've gone as far as year 2025 in the game since starting a yearly notebook.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:53 PM   #45
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Some really good ideas floating around here.

Two other friends and myself would always get together on PS2 and play through multiple seasons of dynasty at a time. Obviously we simulated, but we had various house rules for recruiting, etc.

The biggest rule, however, was that we had to start with a 3* or lower team and build them up until we had won a national title with them. After winning a title we were forced to resign and start over with any 3* or lower team of our choosing. We could switch teams as often as we wanted on a yearly basis, but after a title we had to drop down. We would play out the entire span of 60 years (or however long the game allowed) and the competition was to see who could win the most national titles before it was all over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2013, 04:03 PM   #46

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Another thing me and my friends did was we would start a dynasty picking what ever team we wanted. We would create a player and put him on our teams. Then simulate seasons and see who wins the most awards and championships then see who gets drafted highest in Madden. Also we would start dynasties picking one team and creating ourselves and putting the players on the team. We had four controllers so we would just control our player whether it was on offense or defense.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:09 PM   #47
Rookie

I'm an Offline Dynasty guy. I always create myself as the USC Trojans QB along with two of my best friends at RB and WR (the college Triplets). I also use around 5-6 schools and create a few more of my friends. As much as I hate the SEC, I use LSU as well because I like there all white uniforms but I also mix and match them.

After that I start my Dynasty with Generic names of past stars for example Damien Ward (Charlie Ward). I usually take the caveman approach to my offline dynasty when it comes to creating players and starting my Offline dynasty. Since I graduated HS in 1999, I go back I look for 20 top players from NFL draft classes that graduated HS in 89 and 79. I come to find players like Eric Dickerson (name change in my dynasty to Derrick Dickerson RB 6'3 215lbs). This is a lot of work but this what keeps my game fresh.

After all of that, I create my created prospects which will be class of 2000, 1990 etc. I do this for every season I'm playing NCAA. With the import draft classes back, it will be fun to see LaMarcus Allen (Marcus Allen) or AJ Simpson (OJ Simpson) go against the likes of Patrick Willis in my virtual game.

I primary play with USC and always schedule Bama in Bama to crush the fans spirits. Basically a two year home and home with Bama. Third season I play Aurburn in a Home and Home. No cup cakes. I play the best. Then after I'm done at QB at USC, I will look on the Internet for SC all schedules and I will find them playing LSU in 1979 or Tennessee from past years.

Since I skipped 13 on both games due to the import classes not being in. This year I'm all in and I think this is the one year since NCAA 06 and 08 on PS2 that has the potential to keep interest. Since I don't plan on buying the PS4, I will have to make the most of this game.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:34 PM   #48
Rookie

catcher_0_3's Arena

I'll usually create 3-5 legendary players per year and put them into the recruiting database. Gives me other players to watch and be on the lookout for to see if they make it. I also do the drastic rankings changes to give it a more realistic feel. Not everyone improves 4 points a year, some might improve a lot, some might improve a little.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »