Home

NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding

This is a discussion on NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2014, 03:12 PM   #353
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding

Wow. First of all I would like to say a big thanks. I am a die hard of the NCAA football series and it quite frankly is sad that they are discontinuing the series. I am not nearly as a computer genius as some of you are and I have a few questions about the playoff mod. First, I notice on the 4 team playoff video it is definitely a more recent update of windows {I still have XP}. I follow everything except for [in the video} it shows the file notepad open with the playoff information (next to the db editor}. My question is do I just open notepad and type in that info or is there a place Im supposed to it open it from. In the video it shows you inputing the numbers of the bowl games into the file in notepad. Thats the only place Im truly lost. Please help.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:36 PM   #354
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by plisekryan
Wow. First of all I would like to say a big thanks. I am a die hard of the NCAA football series and it quite frankly is sad that they are discontinuing the series. I am not nearly as a computer genius as some of you are and I have a few questions about the playoff mod. First, I notice on the 4 team playoff video it is definitely a more recent update of windows {I still have XP}. I follow everything except for [in the video} it shows the file notepad open with the playoff information (next to the db editor}. My question is do I just open notepad and type in that info or is there a place Im supposed to it open it from. In the video it shows you inputing the numbers of the bowl games into the file in notepad. Thats the only place Im truly lost. Please help.
What's in notepad is just his personal notes for that particular playoff. You can type them into notepad, wordpad, emacs, word, excel, or just pen and paper if you want.

Also it's VERY important to note that he's NOT inputting the numbers of the BOWL ID (which is what it sounds like you're doing). He's inputting the GAME #s instead.
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (73.8 KB, 408 views)
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 03-14-2014, 01:22 AM   #355
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Forgive/ignore if this is a bad question: but can't you create a 4-team or 8-team conference and create a "playoffs" that way?

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2014, 11:22 PM   #356
Rookie

OVR: 7

I got through about 20 pages of this thread and couldn't find a solution to my problem. I'm on PS3 (and see that others had issues), but never saw where they found a resolution to the files.

So far, I've downloaded Brute Force and the .dll file. I created the MC02 file using the PS3 guide that was posted from my dynasty data

But I am stuck at the editor part. I downloaded the EA DB Editor and NCAA Webmaker. I have Xanthol's file as well. When I open the EA DB Editor, load the config, the template shows us just like the video.

When I go to Open File, I have the MC02 file available, but I get this error:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Could not load file or assemby 'NCalc. Version 1.3.8.0. Culture=neutral. PublicKeyToken=null' or one of it's dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

Any help, would be appreciated... I know my way around a computer, just not modding and programming.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:49 PM   #357
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLoco11
I got through about 20 pages of this thread and couldn't find a solution to my problem. I'm on PS3 (and see that others had issues), but never saw where they found a resolution to the files.

So far, I've downloaded Brute Force and the .dll file. I created the MC02 file using the PS3 guide that was posted from my dynasty data

But I am stuck at the editor part. I downloaded the EA DB Editor and NCAA Webmaker. I have Xanthol's file as well. When I open the EA DB Editor, load the config, the template shows us just like the video.

When I go to Open File, I have the MC02 file available, but I get this error:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Could not load file or assemby 'NCalc. Version 1.3.8.0. Culture=neutral. PublicKeyToken=null' or one of it's dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

Any help, would be appreciated... I know my way around a computer, just not modding and programming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Use pocket scout's config instead.
10 charsss
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 03-18-2014, 12:41 AM   #358
Rookie

OVR: 7

Still the same issue. Downloaded everything again, created another MC02 file from bruteforce and still getting stuck.

Used the new config template which shows up fine, but it gets stuck when I try to open the file.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:32 PM   #359
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

This is a great finding.....

If only i was tech savy I'd use these playoffs to create an all time playoff tournament with All Classic teams.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 03-30-2014, 11:29 PM   #360
Rookie

OVR: 0

Ok, I have 1 problem I need fixed. I messed up my bowl game logo's

I need the bowl game logo # for the following

ORANGE, SUGAR, FIESTA, ROSE & BBVA COMPASS BOWL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »