Home

Ways To Challenge Yourself in Dynasty

This is a discussion on Ways To Challenge Yourself in Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2014, 09:11 PM   #9
Rookie

dso122783's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ways To Challenge Yourself in Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I started as the OC at 1* ULL. I was there for 2 years and then I was the HC for Buffalo. After 1 year (I should've forced myself to stay at every school for at least 2 years) I went on to be HC for UConn. After 1 year I was the HC for ASU for 5 years. Then I got my dream job as HC of Michigan and I've been there ever since (2022-2034 so far).
I like the house rules you're using. When you play as OC, do you recruit? Do you use whatever style playbook you want? When you go to HC do you use the OC's playbook or do you still use your own?
Old 03-12-2014, 09:14 PM   #10
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dso122783
I like the house rules you're using. When you play as OC, do you recruit? Do you use whatever style playbook you want? When you go to HC do you use the OC's playbook or do you still use your own?
I wasn't an OC for long but I didn't do any recruiting (which was rough as that's my favorite part of the game, but I figured that's more of a HC thing). That's also one of the main reasons why I jumped to a HC so soon (the other was because in my spreadsheet I only track my win/loss record as a HC so I wanted to start keeping track).

I always use my own PB.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 03-12-2014, 09:21 PM   #11
Rookie

dso122783's Arena

Quote:
I wasn't an OC for long but I didn't do any recruiting (which was rough as that's my favorite part of the game, but I figured that's more of a HC thing). That's also one of the main reasons why I jumped to a HC so soon (the other was because in my spreadsheet I only track my win/loss record as a HC so I wanted to start keeping track).

I always use my own PB.
So when you are an OC, you leave the recruiting board assistance ON, and take it off when you move to HC, correct?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2014, 12:19 AM   #12
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dso122783
So when you are an OC, you leave the recruiting board assistance ON, and take it off when you move to HC, correct?
Yep.
10chars
Old 03-30-2014, 02:40 PM   #13
Rookie

I decided as OC to only use the playbook for the school I was it. My initial goal was to switch schools often, but since I was actually recruiting my own players, I gave up switching schools so I could play with the guys I had recruited.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:16 PM   #14
Pro

soonermagic88's Arena

OVR: 6

I may be totally overlooking this but, where is coach mode? I currently have a dynasty going where im the OC of Indiana in 2017, can i turn on coach mode somewhere in the existing dynasty? Or am i going to have to start a whole new dynasty?
Also, does anyone have a good slider set for coach mode?
I've been just watching CPU vs CPU games in my dynasty, but im tired of 1) the ridiculous run/pass inbalance and 2) the crazy high rate of called screen passes by the OC.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:58 PM   #15
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonermagic88
I may be totally overlooking this but, where is coach mode? I currently have a dynasty going where im the OC of Indiana in 2017, can i turn on coach mode somewhere in the existing dynasty? Or am i going to have to start a whole new dynasty?
You don't need to restart. Whenever you start a game you can choose what it'll be from the same screen where you pick your playbooks (I think the option is "Game Type" or something similar). The 3 types are Normal (or something similar), 1 button, and Coach. Select coach from there and you're in coach mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2014, 01:26 PM   #16
Pro

soonermagic88's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
You don't need to restart. Whenever you start a game you can choose what it'll be from the same screen where you pick your playbooks (I think the option is "Game Type" or something similar). The 3 types are Normal (or something similar), 1 button, and Coach. Select coach from there and you're in coach mode.
Oooohh Thanks Jello!
Guessing I'll have to find a gig as a head coach tho to solve the crappy offensive playcalling tho (Im currently a DC)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »