Home

saying what needs to be said...

This is a discussion on saying what needs to be said... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2004, 08:45 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: saying what needs to be said...

I am loving it a ton more than last years version (too easy last year). I DO however hate the "Super DB's" and the dropped passes. But I work around it, I tweaked it so as Me and the computer do not drop em as much.

And by tweaking I just mean F'ing with the sliders, and putting the catch assist on.
Old 08-08-2004, 08:54 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
Dont listen to the zombie "fanbots" You have legitiment reason to be upset. EA needs to get off their lazy hinies and brew up a new engine..i think they are just flat out lazy and greedy. Same with Madden..im tired of EA getting over on people. Im not saying NCAA or Madden are bad games but they are pretty much the same games over the past 4 years with little tweaks and stuff which is LAME. 50 bucks for little tweaks each year is pretty bogus.

Glad you spoke up and not afraid to speak your mind in a forum filled with fanbots.
I really appreciate your post. Sometimes it seems like i'm the only one who thinks this is the same game from the past 4 yrs. They CAN make this game outstanding IF they want to. I'm still waiting to be knocked off my feet.
Old 08-08-2004, 09:54 PM   #51
MVP

warnerwlf98's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltz4Life
I am loving it a ton more than last years version (too easy last year). I DO however hate the "Super DB's" and the dropped passes. But I work around it, I tweaked it so as Me and the computer do not drop em as much.

And by tweaking I just mean F'ing with the sliders, and putting the catch assist on.
By catch assist, do you mean something more than just the catch slider?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2004, 11:11 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 18

...easy play
Old 08-08-2004, 11:30 PM   #53
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
Glad you spoke up and not afraid to speak your mind in a forum filled with fanbots.
So everyone who enjoys the game is a fanbot?
Old 08-08-2004, 11:32 PM   #54
Banned

no, everyone who enjoys, and doesnt point out its problems are fanbots

if you call it the greatest ever, and things of that nature, i'd call someone a fanbot
Old 08-09-2004, 03:28 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 2
Smile Re: saying what needs to be said...

its safe to assume that some gamers will find fault in 2005 no matter what. I have found the cpu to play much better than last year. I think the tweak in the AI for AA level was very good. If I blitz off the edge when the cpu runs an empty set, I could regularly sack the qb last year. This year the cpu picks up the blitz, or the second time i try to do the edge blitz, the cpu runs a slant into the spot that Im vacating with the blitzer. That is intelligence that happens regularly in real football at the college and pro level. Glad to see it implemented in the game.

Concerning drops (the biggest gripe of this year's game), I have found that on AA level, the cpu catch on 20 and the qb acc. on 18 gets rid of the drops. With quality QB, cpu will complete 50-65% of passes against my 4-star team defense. Every once in a while, my Def. will have a crazy game and the percentage rate will decrease. CPU still drops 3-4 balls a game. I think that is normal and mirrors real life. Similarly, the more QB and WR increase, the less drops I have. I think im playing on 10/12 for these. On long passes, I try and take control of receiver when balls gets in catch zone. I think its still fairly easy to complete balls underneath. But my completion percentage lowers the more I throw the ball down the field during the game. If i mix my throws up, i complete 50-60%, if I throw long too much it lowers to 35-40%. I have cpu awareness at 20. IM getting good, realistic results. If your guys are dropping passes, bump the sliders instead of calling your players names like "idiot" and "moron" during the game. Its bad karma. And I think it hurts their feelings.

Sorry for long post. My point is that sliders make up for just about any problems you might experience. Some football acumen is necessary. I was an OC for a high school for a while. The cpu makes sound football adjustments in this year's game. If you blitz every play the cpu will eat you up. If you only run 3 different offensive plays, the cpu will adjust quickly. Diversify or play on lower level. While the engine of the game may be the same, the actual game play is worlds away from where it use to be. The cpu plays with much more football knowledge now that makes the game challenging. EA has to make a game for the masses. The one downfall of the game for me was that the cpu didnt adjust well enough in the past. This has been fixed. I cant even play on Heisman level this year because cpu defense defies physics. But for someone that has no football knowledge, they can play, adjust sliders and have fun taking Idaho to the NC game. I think the complaints are overstated.

Last edited by nvlawguy; 08-09-2004 at 03:38 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2004, 03:42 AM   #56
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvlawguy
its safe to assume that some gamers will find fault in 2005 no matter what. I have found the cpu to play much better than last year. I think the tweak in the AI for AA level was very good. If I blitz off the edge when the cpu runs an empty set, I could regularly sack the qb last year. This year the cpu picks up the blitz, or the second time i try to do the edge blitz, the cpu runs a slant into the spot that Im vacating with the blitzer. That is intelligence that happens regularly in real football at the college and pro level. Glad to see it implemented in the game.

Concerning drops (the biggest gripe of this year's game), I have found that on AA level, the cpu catch on 20 and the qb acc. on 18 gets rid of the drops. With quality QB, cpu will complete 50-65% of passes against my 4-star team defense. Every once in a while, my Def. will have a crazy game and the percentage rate will decrease. CPU still drops 3-4 balls a game. I think that is normal and mirrors real life. Similarly, the more QB and WR increase, the less drops I have. I think im playing on 10/12 for these. On long passes, I try and take control of receiver when balls gets in catch zone. I think its still fairly easy to complete balls underneath. But my completion percentage lowers the more I throw the ball down the field during the game. If i mix my throws up, i complete 50-60%, if I throw long too much it lowers to 35-40%. I have cpu awareness at 20. IM getting good, realistic results. If your guys are dropping passes, bump the sliders instead of calling your players names like "idiot" and "moron" during the game. Its bad karma. And I think it hurts their feelings.

Sorry for long post. My point is that sliders make up for just about any problems you might experience. Some football acumen is necessary. I was an OC for a high school for a while. The cpu makes sound football adjustments in this year's game. If you blitz every play the cpu will eat you up. If you only run 3 different offensive plays, the cpu will adjust quickly. Diversify or play on lower level. While the engine of the game may be the same, the actual game play is worlds away from where it use to be. The cpu plays with much more football knowledge now that makes the game challenging. EA has to make a game for the masses. The one downfall of the game for me was that the cpu didnt adjust well enough in the past. This has been fixed. I cant even play on Heisman level this year because cpu defense defies physics. But for someone that has no football knowledge, they can play, adjust sliders and have fun taking Idaho to the NC game. I think the complaints are overstated.

I'd love for you to post your slider/penalty settings.....

After many games with njkroc's heisman settings, i still see the extreme cpu AI kick in and outrun me and catchup to me when its really not possible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »