Home

OS Roundtable: How Excited Are You That NCAA Games Are Potentially Returning?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: How Excited Are You That NCAA Games Are Potentially Returning? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2019, 08:45 PM   #25
Rookie

The Black Redneck's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: OS Roundtable: How Excited Are You That NCAA Games Are Potentially Returning?

I hope EA does bring back NCAA with the same team. I think they have done a wonderful job with the series and I am excited to see what they can do with it on next gen consoles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2019, 10:44 PM   #26
Rookie

dreneel's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: OS Roundtable: How Excited Are You That NCAA Games Are Potentially Returning?

A little competition in the building brought out the best... madden really hasn’t been great since They pull the plug on NCAA
Old 11-01-2019, 12:05 AM   #27
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldude777
Obviously there will be other gameplay improvements. I still play NCAA 14 myself but don't kid yourself if you think that its gameplay holds up with Madden's now. Think about all the new catch animations, running/QB animations, Blocking/Tackling animations that have been added since then. I could go on, my point is the gameplay will be WAY better than the option now. Not to mention College Football has implemented a Playoff since!

So to answer your question yes, I am looking forward to the new graphics of a college football game. But to answer your assumption, no it is not the only thing I look forward to.
Gameplay in NCAA 14 is better than current Madden is. I would want exactly ZERO madden code in any new game.
Old 11-01-2019, 05:27 AM   #28
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm very excited to hear that the NCAA game may very well come back! However long we have to wait, it will be too long!
Old 11-01-2019, 07:17 AM   #29
Rookie

What would be a perfect game in your guys' eyes? If the perfect game hit some of you over the head with a boat paddle, some of you would still bitch about something.*
Old 11-01-2019, 08:46 AM   #30
MVP

OS Roundtable: How Excited Are You That NCAA Games Are Potentially Returning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
Gameplay in NCAA 14 is better than current Madden is. I would want exactly ZERO madden code in any new game.

Gameplay in 14 was still bad. No actual physics in the game so size and weight didn’t play a factor. Ball carriers seemed to always fall forward unless on the receiving end of a big hit, which could come from someone a third their size. Option defense was bad, pass coverage was REALLY bad, run fits were non existent and allowed huge running lanes, but it was still hard to run inside as you could trip over your blockers way too easily, the list goes on.

The gameplay of 14 was not very good at all. I really don’t understand why we try to point to it as the gold standard of NCAA games. As long as they stick with this animation driven nonsense rather than some actual physics like we’ve seen in other football games, it will still have this same broken feel imo.

Personally, I have zero faith in anything put out by EA Tiburon. Really hope they aren’t the ones jumping on the college game first.
Old 11-01-2019, 09:28 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 2

I would be very excited for this to come back. As an offline player, I get a ton of game time out of Dynasty Mode. The NFL is such a boring product because everything is the same that I rarely get to year three or four of a franchise. With NCAA, I get 10-15 years deep in Dynasty before starting a new one.

Of course there will be microtransactions, but anyone using that as a reason to downplay the return is not seeing the forest for all of the trees. Or they just want to be negative.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2019, 09:43 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

If it comes to PC I can fix most everything I'll have an issue with on the field. Features off of the field, though, that's a whole other ballgame where EA is struggling big time with Madden.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »