Home

What's up with thePossible bug? framerate when using the Pro camera? (ps4)

This is a discussion on What's up with thePossible bug? framerate when using the Pro camera? (ps4) within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2014, 01:50 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
What's up with thePossible bug? framerate when using the Pro camera? (ps4)

Edit -I messed up the tittle and can't change it, sorry

I usually use the broadcast camera when I'm controlling the whole team. But I started my player career save and noticed that when using the Pro camera (the only camera I like when controlling just 1 player) the framerate cuts to half or so and the game becomes really choppy and basically unplayable.

I thought it was some kind of development decision by ea maybe because they couldn't fix the camera angle in time or something and had to cut down the framerate , but surprisingly I discovered that when using the Pro camera being a goalkeeper instead of a regular player, the camera plays at regular and smooth 60 fps despite being exactly the same view.

This has to be a bug? It just doesn't make sense. I can't play my player career without this camera
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2014, 02:09 PM   #2
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

Re: What's up with thePossible bug? framerate when using the Pro camera? (ps4)

PC or console? If PC, you may have an underpowered rig.

I have to upgrade my CPU this year because FIFA 15 needs the love. If I run End to End or Pro camera, the framerates are too poor, ~20-25 FPS.
Old 09-25-2014, 02:14 PM   #3
Pro

It's ps4. It doesn't make sense because if you use this camera while being a goalkeeper it runs perfectly and smooth, like any other view, but if you control just a regular field player the framerate cuts down to half

I submited a bug report at the ea forums, it's really stopping me from enjoying my player career game
Old 09-25-2014, 03:07 PM   #4
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Yeah, I downloaded the PS4 demo (I finally got one) and Pro Cam is choppy as heck. It's not much better on PC. I've had to put in a bug report for the Pro Cam getting stuck down by the opponents goal. Another guy put that in with a video, as well. It kinda stinks, as last year was so polished. Of course, this is their first stab at the New Fifa for this console generation. And I am glad to have the new engine on PC. It's kind of a balancing act for me. There's a ton great, with some really visible bugs that I cant ignore.

I'm just hoping there are ways to fix the issues. Like you said, this game is a choppy mess on ps4 on the cam we play. Is that something we have to learn to live with? I am working around the stuck camera for now, because of the great parts. But a whole year of this? I can't see it. And playing sideways has no appeal for me. This is the first year I am kind of let down by the game. There's just a general lack of polish, at least with the PC version.

Update: I have no idea what I did, but I played with a lot of the global settings in my NVidia Control Panel, and my camera issues disappeared. It is running smooth as a babies bottom! When I had it in application controlled the game was a hitchy mess. Made it run from my tweaked global settings, it's fixed. Very, very happy camper.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Last edited by BrianFifaFan; 09-25-2014 at 08:54 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »