Home

FIFA 16 Video - Career Mode Innovations

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 Video - Career Mode Innovations within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2015, 06:03 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: FIFA 16 Video - Career Mode Innovations

This Santiago guy must be really incompetent if he thinks these are innovations to his embarrassing career mode.

How come there is No...

1. Advanced Sim Option: In FIFA 09 you could sim a game but jump in and play at any moment. It was removed and it is 2016 and it has still not returned. Incredible!

2. Player Statistics: How is there no player cards where when you click on a player card and it has their career statistics history including the year, the team they played for and their stats. There should also be advanced stats like dribbles completed, passed completed, tackles, ect. (It's tracked in end of game player ratings already) This can be tied into the game and commentary as well so when for instance Ronaldo scores his 300th goal it can be presented as a milestone.

3. League Statistics: How is there no league statistics where you can see advanced stats of every league in the game including leading scorers and other advanced stats.

4. Transaction Log: How is there no running transaction log where you could access all transfers and loans throughout your career mode.

5. Chemistry: How is there no Chemistry factored in when building a squad. Ultimate Team seems to have implemented a system but nothing for CM. Press Conferences can be tied into this as well based on your answers. Currently Press conferences are a joke and worthless.

These are just a few of the many missing things in Career Mode. CM has no history, no immersion, no replayability. FIFA Career Mode currently is one of the worst franchise modes in Sports Gaming and how Santiago Jaramillo has a job developing a career mode is beyond me.

Last edited by skillzlikewhoa12; 09-06-2015 at 06:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2015, 06:54 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 0

What about the pre season tournaments? At present I am managing Crawley Town. What tournaments will they be invited to play in? I can't quite see them up against Real Madrid etc. will lesser teams still be invited to tournaments and if so will the AI be able to sort out the team levels? that would be quite an achievement in programming. I like the set up as it is to be honest. 15 is brilliant. I can't wait for 16
Old 09-07-2015, 09:57 AM   #27
Rookie

flo182's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillzlikewhoa12
This Santiago guy must be really incompetent if he thinks these are innovations to his embarrassing career mode.

How come there is No...

1. Advanced Sim Option: In FIFA 09 you could sim a game but jump in and play at any moment. It was removed and it is 2016 and it has still not returned. Incredible!

2. Player Statistics: How is there no player cards where when you click on a player card and it has their career statistics history including the year, the team they played for and their stats. There should also be advanced stats like dribbles completed, passed completed, tackles, ect. (It's tracked in end of game player ratings already) This can be tied into the game and commentary as well so when for instance Ronaldo scores his 300th goal it can be presented as a milestone.

3. League Statistics: How is there no league statistics where you can see advanced stats of every league in the game including leading scorers and other advanced stats.

4. Transaction Log: How is there no running transaction log where you could access all transfers and loans throughout your career mode.

5. Chemistry: How is there no Chemistry factored in when building a squad. Ultimate Team seems to have implemented a system but nothing for CM. Press Conferences can be tied into this as well based on your answers. Currently Press conferences are a joke and worthless.

These are just a few of the many missing things in Career Mode. CM has no history, no immersion, no replayability. FIFA Career Mode currently is one of the worst franchise modes in Sports Gaming and how Santiago Jaramillo has a job developing a career mode is beyond me.
You're so right.
Definitely wont buy the game this year, for CM-Fans its just another pathetic update. So we can choose which abilites to train? wow great we already had that in FIFA 09/10 and some idiot decided to remove it from the game.
It's just ridiculous how little effort they put into cm...
Old 09-07-2015, 11:11 AM   #28
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

You guys know there are 2 separate teams that work on UT and Career mode right?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-2015, 05:36 PM   #29
Pro

DirectFX's Arena

OVR: 12
UT is the worst addition to any sports games. Never heard any suggestion by customers before UT was out that they wanted a Pokemon card game mode in the sports games. It has ruined all sports games since it takes away funds and staff that would be working on Career, Be a Pro and online the three main modes most die hard sports fans love to play and diverts them to a waste of a mode. The $ they make off the idiots buying stuff on UT also is main reason it's taken over the devs focus as the UT players buy game but also spend $ on players and packs so they are to blame also by giving them $ to fuel the greed aspect.
Old 09-07-2015, 05:38 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirectFX
UT is the worst addition to any sports games. Never heard any suggestion by customers before UT was out that they wanted a Pokemon card game mode in the sports games. It has ruined all sports games since it takes away funds and staff that would be working on Career, Be a Pro and online the three main modes most die hard sports fans love to play and diverts them to a waste of a mode. The $ they make off the idiots buying stuff on UT also is main reason it's taken over the devs focus as the UT players buy game but also spend $ on players and packs so they are to blame also by giving them $ to fuel the greed aspect.
The funds part, I can't debate with you because I simply don't know. But I do know for a fact that there are 2 completely different teams working on career and UT.
Old 09-07-2015, 05:45 PM   #31
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

If anything, UT won't change at all whete Career mode will.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2015, 06:44 AM   #32
Rookie

flo182's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
The funds part, I can't debate with you because I simply don't know. But I do know for a fact that there are 2 completely different teams working on career and UT.
2 different Teams yeah!

But if you have 100 people working on a project and you decide to bring in another mode like FUT you wont hire 100 new people and pay 200 people.

You take the people you have and put them in two separate teams, so maybe 60 people work on Career Mode and 40 on FUT and then you hire 10-20 experts which help those other 40 with FUT.

Of course CM will suffer if the focus shifts to another mode.

Improvements and new features in CM have been sooo slim over the past few years, if the team working on it, is in fact still as big as in the beginning, then I'm wondering what EA pays them for.

Last edited by flo182; 09-08-2015 at 06:51 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »