Home

How is Your Career Going Fifa 21

This is a discussion on How is Your Career Going Fifa 21 within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2020, 03:07 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How is Your Career Going Fifa 21

I am in year 3 of my Hamburg CM.

Year one we easily won 2. Bundesliga with Ulrich, Terrode, Kittle, Jatta, Vagnoman, and Drongelen proving to be too much for that level of competition.

Year 2 I brought new players and tried to plug in some of our weaknesses and ended up 9th in the Bundesliga. We were in the Europa League race until we lost 5-0 to Hertha Berlin with a couple of games to go.

Now in year 3, we have added some more players like Reiner and Draxler. I have tried to keep the CM semi-realistic so 60%ish of my original team is still with me. We are 7th with 5 games to go 4 points behind Borussia Mon and RB Leipzig. We just played Borussia Mon for a chance to get within one point and had the craziest game. Thuram had a hat trick in the first 35 min to put them 3-0 up. We got to 3-2 when they scored a BS goal. We then took a 4-3 lead in the 80th. They tied it up in the 84th, we went up in the 86th and they tied it up 5-5 in the 90+2. I was livid but that was the most intense FIFA game I have had in years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2020, 07:53 AM   #26
MVP

I played 4 full season with Watford, establishing them as a perennial Europa League contender. I've just moved onto Tottenham and brought Mavropanos (one of my earliest signing at Watford) and Aidan Allen (a youth academy beast) along with me.

I noticed something strange when I went back to raid my old club, however. All of the players had suddenly grown 3-4 OVR. For example, when I left, Ismaila Sarr was a 96 overall. He's now suddenly a 99. Aidan Allen was 81 overall, and I bought him at 84. Mavropanos was a 91 overall, and I bought him at 95. This was the same for all of the players who I looked at.

Why did all of the players' overalls suddenly leap up when I left?
Old 11-16-2020, 08:02 AM   #27
Rookie

PDuncanOSU's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vusa92troy
Maybe they have to be signed from a team in one of Asian countries leagues?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
Pretty sure the players have to be offered a squad role that's the same as that of the player at that position in your starting 11.

If your striker has 'Important' as his squad role, you need to offer that to the player you're trying to sign.

Try that and see if it works.
Thanks for the input. At this point I'm just ignoring that objective. I don't want to try to sign 3 more players from Asia or restart my career. It would be nice if some of these objectives were a little more clear.

Just finished the January transfer window with Dortmund. Barcelona activated Haaland's $196 million release clause but I was able to give him a 1-year extension and convince him to stay. I was surprised they didn't ask to put another release clause in his contract.

Also had to turn down big offers for Sancho and Reus. I will let any of them leave to bigger clubs if the right offers come in during the next summer transfer window. I'm just ahead of Bayern atop the Bundesliga table and made it through the group stage of the Champions League though, so I don't want to break up the team before I see this season through.
Old 11-16-2020, 02:09 PM   #28
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

Just won the league with Man Utd in my first season, so think I'll start one with a lower club, since CM again is too easy. The only major change to my starting 11 was bringing in de Ligt, but I ended with the best defense and destroyed the other teams with goals scored.

I enjoyed the season but CM being too easy again is one of my biggest complaints with FIFA.
Old 11-17-2020, 08:17 PM   #29
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Finally started a serious career mode. I chose Crystal Palace simply because I like their jerseys the best and their Crest is cool looking!

Below are some house rules I am playing with to limit myself and make it realistic as possible. I just hit October in the schedule. We have moved on to the 4th round of the Carabao Cup. Our next cup game will be vs Wolves the end of October.

Currently we sit tied for 7th in the league with 12 points along with Everton and Chelsea. Our record is 3-3-2 naturally. The last game was a 2-2 draw on the road against Chelsea. My next league match is vs Southampton at home.

Zaha is leading the way with 7 goals and 4 assists in the PL to lead the team in both categories for the PL season. Zaha is a beast no doubt!

I've loaned out a few young players already. Sold my 3rd string goalie who was old anyway. Other than that I have the core unit I start with. Using these house rules really limits you to make things more realistic and challenging to compete on a high level.
Screenshot_20201113-193322~2.jpegScreenshot_20201113-193337~2.jpeg

Sent from my LG-G710 using Operation Sports mobile app

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 11-17-2020, 08:18 PM   #30
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalMindz
Just won the league with Man Utd in my first season, so think I'll start one with a lower club, since CM again is too easy. The only major change to my starting 11 was bringing in de Ligt, but I ended with the best defense and destroyed the other teams with goals scored.

I enjoyed the season but CM being too easy again is one of my biggest complaints with FIFA.
Find some house rules and stick to them. I posted above with a couple photos on the ones I use I found on reddit. Go to reddit to read more into detail on them specifically if interested.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Operation Sports mobile app

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 11-17-2020, 10:16 PM   #31
Rookie

snyder5man's Arena

My house rules for Southampton. Some of these are personalized for this club, so not all are reasonable for every EPL club. Some are real life rules that this game doesn't enforce.

Squad:
1) 25 Maximum squad size (over 21).
2) Minimum of 8 Home Grown players.
3) Have a minimum of 10 GB/IRE players in the 18-man game day squad.
4) Have at least 2 former YA players in game day squad.
5) Maximum of 2 players loaned out (over 21).
6) Maximum of 1 player loaned in.
Contracts:
1) 4 Crucial 1st team players, 9 Important 1st team players, 15 squad rotation players, unlimited players less then rotation.
2) Every player in a tier must make the same amount per week. Each tier down must make 35% less.
3) Any player over the tier limit must be sold immediately.
YA Scouting:
1) Only hire scouts that are 4/2 rated.
2) You cannot sell/release a YA player until they turn 17.
Market:
1) Players under 22 (with high potential) who will not be in the regular rotation must be bought for 20% higher than their transfer value.
2) Players under 22 (with high potential) who will be in the regular rotation must be bought for 40% higher than their transfer value.
3) Players who will be a regular starter must be bought for 100% higher than their transfer value.
4) You can only sign one player per season on a free contract in January. However, the player must either be A) under the average overall of the players at that position or B) a crucial first team player.
5) You must delegate all transfer dealings.
6) New players must start on the bench for the first 14 days. Injured players must start on the bench for 7 days.
7) If a bid is received for a player, under rotation level, above 50% their value you must sell.
8) No transfers in, from the top 5 leagues. (PL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A, Ligue 1)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2020, 10:44 PM   #32
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

The house rules discussion has me thinking, although it's in-game management related. I'm planning to only allow myself to alter player instructions pre-match, halftime, and for a substitute player. Unless you're Arteta in an empty stadium, you can't really impart individual direction to players during a match outside of those situations. Also, switching between gameplans with different instructions will be more important, reflecting the need for a manager to prepare his squad for different situations in training.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »