Home

FIFA Series Question (Sorta Newbie)

This is a discussion on FIFA Series Question (Sorta Newbie) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2008, 11:55 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
FIFA Series Question (Sorta Newbie)

It's been a long time since I played the FIFA series. I was just wondering what all the game modes are like. I am not a die hard soccer fan, but I'm just curious about the league modes or anything else it may have.
NCAA Football: Nebraska and Virginia Tech
NCAA Basketball: North Carolina
NBA: I HATE NBA!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2008, 12:09 PM   #2
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: FIFA Series Question (Sorta Newbie)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce_1982
It's been a long time since I played the FIFA series. I was just wondering what all the game modes are like. I am not a die hard soccer fan, but I'm just curious about the league modes or anything else it may have.
I'm assuming that you're looking more to 09 than EURO which is mostly a tourney structure game as opposed to career based. If you are a Dynasty type that's the Manager Mode. Standard stuff where you sign as manager with a club (any) and run your squad. Now they have the "be a pro" mode which is like Superstar in Madden. You are locked to a single player This year it'll be for 4 years as opposed to 1 season last year in 08. That would probably be hard if you don't really know soccer, as you're graded on how well you play your position. Now be a pro-online is something else entirely. Rumor has it there will be 10v10 at some point (this year?). Think of team deathmatch but sports. If you want to pick up 08 to tide you over I'd recommend it. Others would say EURO. Either way Fifa is becoming a really good game. If you are getting the soccer gaming bug, get Fifa09. It's gonna be something special!

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 07-09-2008, 12:15 PM   #3
Mr. Brightside

Acid's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I'm assuming that you're looking more to 09 than EURO which is mostly a tourney structure game as opposed to career based. If you are a Dynasty type that's the Manager Mode. Standard stuff where you sign as manager with a club (any) and run your squad. Now they have the "be a pro" mode which is like Superstar in Madden. You are locked to a single player This year it'll be for 4 years as opposed to 1 season last year in 08. That would probably be hard if you don't really know soccer, as you're graded on how well you play your position. Now be a pro-online is something else entirely. Rumor has it there will be 10v10 at some point (this year?). Think of team deathmatch but sports. If you want to pick up 08 to tide you over I'd recommend it. Others would say EURO. Either way Fifa is becoming a really good game. If you are getting the soccer gaming bug, get Fifa09. It's gonna be something special!
Pretty much nailed it, but there was never a Be A Pro season mode in 08.

It was only a one game thing.
But we all live in denial
Old 07-09-2008, 12:33 PM   #4
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
Pretty much nailed it, but there was never a Be A Pro season mode in 08.

It was only a one game thing.
Thanks, Acid. I never played that mode. I'm gonna give it a whirl this year. I'm waiting to get confirmation about the 10v10 clans thing. I can't wait till Lepzig. OS United vs, the World!

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 07-09-2008, 12:58 PM   #5
Mr. Brightside

Acid's Arena

OVR: 52

10v10 would be sick.

Whatever team Blaxican is on is my team, he'll be a striker and I'll be a midfielder. Long balls over the top all day to Blax.
But we all live in denial
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2008, 01:53 PM   #6
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
10v10 would be sick.

Whatever team Blaxican is on is my team, he'll be a striker and I'll be a midfielder. Long balls over the top all day to Blax.
Don't forget Scholsie!! Blax is nasty. He's an assassin!
Old 07-09-2008, 01:55 PM   #7
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Don't forget Scholsie!! Blax is nasty. He's an assassin!
Hey, check your e-mail and you should get a PM. Have fun!

Old 07-09-2008, 02:33 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Thank you very much. I really appreciate all the help everyone
NCAA Football: Nebraska and Virginia Tech
NCAA Basketball: North Carolina
NBA: I HATE NBA!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »