Home

FIFA Has Caused Me To Turn Against Madden

This is a discussion on FIFA Has Caused Me To Turn Against Madden within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2008, 11:32 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
FIFA Has Caused Me To Turn Against Madden

Okay, so I used to be a huge Madden player back in the day. I used to participate in multiple leagues at once and play around 3-4 games a day when I had the time to. Up until this passed year, I loathed soccer until I downloaded the FIFA 08 demo. Now, I can't get enough of FIFA. It's all my buddies and I up at school play, it's the only sports game I really enjoy. I still buy Madden every year but I just can't seem to get into it the way I used to. Don't get me wrong, I still LOVE American football, but real "football" has stole my heart. I bought the soccer package and watch all the EPL games, LOL.

Just wondering if anyone else felt the same way? I guess it's because you just have so much control of your entire team in a footie game, whereas with Madden it just feels so boring and dull. I can easily sit back and carve up the defense and win 28-0 and it's just not enjoyable, even though I think this year's Madden is one of the better ones since the old gen consoles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 12:50 PM   #2
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: FIFA Has Caused Me To Turn Against Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreversport
Okay, so I used to be a huge Madden player back in the day. I used to participate in multiple leagues at once and play around 3-4 games a day when I had the time to. Up until this passed year, I loathed soccer until I downloaded the FIFA 08 demo. Now, I can't get enough of FIFA. It's all my buddies and I up at school play, it's the only sports game I really enjoy. I still buy Madden every year but I just can't seem to get into it the way I used to. Don't get me wrong, I still LOVE American football, but real "football" has stole my heart. I bought the soccer package and watch all the EPL games, LOL.

Just wondering if anyone else felt the same way? I guess it's because you just have so much control of your entire team in a footie game, whereas with Madden it just feels so boring and dull. I can easily sit back and carve up the defense and win 28-0 and it's just not enjoyable, even though I think this year's Madden is one of the better ones since the old gen consoles.
I think a lot of us feel this way. I had Madden and APF last year and as much as I loved APF, I played FIFA infinitely more. There's nothing greater than waking up on a Saturday morning to watch a couple EPL games that finish just in time to watch college football.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:29 PM   #3
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

I passed on Madden this year too for many reasons. I'll be focusing on Fifa and/or PES as well as NHL 09. It just seems like Fifa and NHL are making huge innovations, while Madden... well, that's for the other forum.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:11 PM   #4
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene31
I passed on Madden this year too for many reasons. I'll be focusing on Fifa and/or PES as well as NHL 09. It just seems like Fifa and NHL are making huge innovations, while Madden... well, that's for the other forum.
I've said it before...there's something in the water up there in EA Canada. They just get it for some reason. I'm just worried the Madden studio will steal those people away..........nah, they are too set in their ways.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:48 PM   #5
Rookie

Gamecocks625's Arena

OVR: 4

I was the same way when Winning Eleven first came over to the US. Before that I played NCAA nonstop, then Winning Eleven 6 came out. From NCAA 2005 until 08, I couldn't enjoy them as much as Konami's soccer.

Like you guys said, EA Canada is on fire right now. Those guys really know how to make some good games. I think it's mainly because every sports game they make, there is a competitor on the market pushing them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 12:59 AM   #6
We Spent Some Money!

ZM Punk's Arena

OVR: 32

FIFA along with The Show has taken up my gaming time so much. That this is my first year since I have been playing video games that I more than likely will not be purchasing a football game this year.

Its the same bull**** games EA repackages every year and now that I have other games to hold my interest, I won't have to purchase them.

Adolphus Washington-Ohio State Freshman
Old 08-14-2008, 05:49 AM   #7
Rookie

Theoris's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm looking forward to Fifa 09 this year, looks to have some great new features which should equate to a very slick pro evo-esque game.

Pro Evo on the other hand looks like more of the same, I really can't justify 40 quid on a fixed Pro Evo 08 (which muggins here bought).

Bring on the demo's!
Old 08-14-2008, 09:28 AM   #8
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoris
I'm looking forward to Fifa 09 this year, looks to have some great new features which should equate to a very slick pro evo-esque game.

Pro Evo on the other hand looks like more of the same, I really can't justify 40 quid on a fixed Pro Evo 08 (which muggins here bought).

Bring on the demo's!
lets not start the flamming.

football (soccer) games are the best... but they also have the most HEATED argument amongst the fans (PES v FIFA).

bottom line is both football title are better than any american football game. tiburon just does not compete with quality.

i think, though, it does have something to do with the sports themselves. football and hockey make for ebtter video games than american football...

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »