Home

GC 2008: FIFA Live Season Announced

This is a discussion on GC 2008: FIFA Live Season Announced within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2008, 12:36 PM   #9
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: GC 2008: FIFA Live Season Announced

I have no problem paying for this, assuming:

-it is reasonable
-they are scouting a large number of players, not just the top few

If they are really doing all teams and players, that's a big undertaking, and something I would pay for.

There is nothing more frustrating than having players that are good in real life, but got bad stats in game because they had an off year or something.

I really think it is unreasonable for people to expect this for free.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:45 PM   #10
MVP

therizing02's Arena

Fellas,

I have submitted a few questions to the developers for clarification on the Adidas Live Leagues press release.

Hopefully I'll hear back from them shortly.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:17 PM   #11
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Fellas,

I have submitted a few questions to the developers for clarification on the Adidas Live Leagues press release.

Hopefully I'll hear back from them shortly.
Great and thank you. That should be much more productive than all of our speculation.

I know that I'll do the EPL as my free trial, as I'll most likely be doing another Arsenal MM, although I may try to return Forest to the top-flight now that they've made it to the Championship. I tried in 08, but the League One games were just too boring.

Anyways, IF the cost is reasonable (a few bones per league), I could see getting the other European leagues as well provided that the updates affect MM as you play it -- although I'm not sure how that would work. It could be a cool way of implementing player form and requiring the user to juggle their line-up (we can only pray that the CPU would do the same). That's one thing I really miss from the WE series and their form-arrow system. Sure it sucked when your best player was blue or purple for that key match, but that's how football works sometimes. However, if this turns out to be more or less a glorified weekly squad update that can only be used as a starting point for MM, I'll likely stick to the free trial...

Last edited by Qb; 08-20-2008 at 01:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 01:25 PM   #12
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

If this is the big online announcement, then I have to say I'm disappointed personally. Especially if it's going to cost extra. I was really hoping the online thing was going to be more along the lines of the NHL online Be A Pro......
Old 08-20-2008, 01:30 PM   #13
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

Online be a pro leagues like NHL will probably be next year. Sounds like they are spending time more on the gameplay first (which is good).
Old 08-20-2008, 02:21 PM   #14
MVP

therizing02's Arena

Ok, I just received this email from the developers

Hey Michael,

I’m very pleased that the announcement was well received. Sorry we couldn’t talk about it at the Global Community Event but we needed to work through the details on the service before we were ready.

I’m looping in Marcus so he’s in the loop too with any questions you may have.

In answer to your questions:

· Gamers can choose one league out of the six for a free trial from the moment of activation to the end of the 08/09 season. There is a code on the back of the manual that you can input into Marketplace or PSN for console. For PC, you can activate it through the game and purchase additional leagues through EA Store.
·
We’re not announcing the costs right now but it’s being calculated on consumer research among gamers.
I agree that it sucks that we have to pay for additional leagues, but what do you guys think is fair from a pricing standpoint? I can relay this back.
·

Good question on the dual ownership. We’ll check and I’ll let Marcus update you when we have the answer.
**This was a question I asked in case someone had two versions of the game (PC, Next Gen for example)
·

I’m just confirming Manager Mode but my understanding right now is that it will not affect Manager Mode. A gamers’ progression is not aligned with the real world as gamers can dictate how quickly they work their way through the fixture list in Manager Mode. As a result, the Live Season service does not complement the experience.

I wondered if it would apply to our individual Manager Modes. Doesn't sound like it at this point.

Hope this helps and Marcus and follow-up with you on any new questions.

All the best,

Clive.

Last edited by therizing02; 08-20-2008 at 02:26 PM.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:28 PM   #15
MVP

therizing02's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
If this is the big online announcement, then I have to say I'm disappointed personally. Especially if it's going to cost extra. I was really hoping the online thing was going to be more along the lines of the NHL online Be A Pro......
I'm hoping there'll be another announcement. I do know they'll be announcing the exclusive PS3 online mode, but hopefully something else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 02:33 PM   #16
MVP

therizing02's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Great and thank you. That should be much more productive than all of our speculation.

I know that I'll do the EPL as my free trial, as I'll most likely be doing another Arsenal MM, although I may try to return Forest to the top-flight now that they've made it to the Championship. I tried in 08, but the League One games were just too boring.

Anyways, IF the cost is reasonable (a few bones per league), I could see getting the other European leagues as well provided that the updates affect MM as you play it -- although I'm not sure how that would work. It could be a cool way of implementing player form and requiring the user to juggle their line-up (we can only pray that the CPU would do the same). That's one thing I really miss from the WE series and their form-arrow system. Sure it sucked when your best player was blue or purple for that key match, but that's how football works sometimes. However, if this turns out to be more or less a glorified weekly squad update that can only be used as a starting point for MM, I'll likely stick to the free trial...
I'm not sure what I feel about this. Of course I would rather have the content for nothing but, if it doesn't apply to Manager Mode (maybe I don't even want it to) I may not even need this. I'm inclined to believe that this will affect online play only. Ranked, Unranked, Tourneys, and Interactive Leagues.

As far as the cost if it was something I felt I had to have, I'd buy them all if they were an additional $5 or something close to it. If the feature is intended to work best with Interactive Leagues then I won't buy any extras because I don't use that mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »