Home

950 Matches on Fifa08!

This is a discussion on 950 Matches on Fifa08! within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2008, 10:25 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: 950 Matches on Fifa08!

Nice number Brian. In my entire videogaming career I haven't spent more time with a game. Maybe NFL 2k5. Maybe. I made it through 3 years of MM with Newcastle, brought in some silverware and finally won the Champions league in year 3. I took over Fulham in year 4 and just haven't finished. It's crazy how attached you get to your MM team, scouted players and all. Anyway, I too can't wait for 09 and hope maybe we'll see you for some of our OS leagues. In the meantime I'm thinking I'll see most of you on NHL 09 in aboot 9 days. Cheers.
RIP #21

DC United 2008 US Open Cup Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2008, 10:32 PM   #42
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by koshi
I have a rule... I don't play fanboys.

Heh heh... Just messin' with ya.

Actually:

1. Not even close to being sold on FIFA 09.
2. Judging by your gamertag, we wouldn't be able to play anyways... Seeing as I have a PS3.
1. You will be, in time. I'm keeping the light on.
2. Not everyone is perfect, we all make dumb purchases occasionally. J/K

Brian

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 08-29-2008, 10:34 PM   #43
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoons21
Nice number Brian. In my entire videogaming career I haven't spent more time with a game. Maybe NFL 2k5. Maybe. I made it through 3 years of MM with Newcastle, brought in some silverware and finally won the Champions league in year 3. I took over Fulham in year 4 and just haven't finished. It's crazy how attached you get to your MM team, scouted players and all. Anyway, I too can't wait for 09 and hope maybe we'll see you for some of our OS leagues. In the meantime I'm thinking I'll see most of you on NHL 09 in aboot 9 days. Cheers.
I've logged some mad hours on 2k5 as well. I'll be getting NHL on release and trying to get good, so I can join my OS brothers in some fun and games! I'm just mad the PS3 guys have the demo already..........

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 08-29-2008, 11:58 PM   #44
Banned

PodSquad's Arena

OVR: 8

I played this game until I fcked up my disc. One of my favorites of all time. It was so great getting a team of like minded individuals in Be A Pro and just steamrolling whoever dared show up to play against you.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:16 AM   #45
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by PodSquad
I played this game until I fcked up my disc. One of my favorites of all time. It was so great getting a team of like minded individuals in Be A Pro and just steamrolling whoever dared show up to play against you.
Me, Blax & Kgx just did that to the tune of 12-2...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2008, 12:21 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Actually, the CPU will score in a bunch of different ways. The cross does seem to be option 1. But here's a few tips. First set your team mentality to defend as your default setting. Second, down on the D-pad is TP. That's team pressure and will make your guys more aggressive yet. Third, use the RT and LT in conjunction to corral your man and help play D. Both are "super cancel" and will bring you to a dead stop. Also you can move around using the LS while in Super Cancel for more precise control. This can also be used with the A button to move you into a close position. Or use B to bring help while holding SC. But here's the biggest thing. The ratings are pretty low for defending out of the box, especially mids and forwards. It is imperitive that you spend exp. points the opposite of what would be the norm. (defense on front players, offensive like ball control/dribble on defenders.) As for the cross, you need a deep defensive line with speed on the wings. And don't be afraid to knock the ball out and conded a throw-in. Defense in this game requires you to take a foul and play the passing lanes more than the man.

This game takes time to build up to respectable performance. Really I'd say that 09 will be here before you'd get it playing well. I wasn't really pleased with my teams performance until about 120 games in. And the whole time I was learning the controls. It isn't really that the responsiveness isn't there. The control scheme is just way too hard to master. Heck, I'm still learning moves. But now I've got a soild set of skill moves I can pull pretty much at will, and that's on Legendary. From all reports 09 will be far easier to control. And will have far smarter, more natural D positioning. This should help tons, as 08 made you have to fight to even get going the right way. As I built up my guys it became less difficult. I just had to get my Man Marking and Tackling attributes up.

Hope some of that helps. Here's what I'd do. Download the demo and spend at least 4 hours getting used to the controls and learning skills as if they were second nature. I used to spend at least 15 minutes a day in the first month just practicing shooting and skills in the arena. It ain't the most fun, but it helps you on the pitch.... Good to see you're getting the Fifa bug! The more the merrier! Brian
Wow, thanks for the advice. I'm gonna go try it out now and let you know how it works. I play semi-pro now...I'm sure the computer will be more varied in its attack as I move up.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:32 AM   #47
Banned

PodSquad's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
I call Right Back for Fifa 09s 10v10 BAP mode, that is if I ever get my Box back.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:01 PM   #48
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Yes. You were all witnesses to my greatness.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »