Home

First Review for 09 in. 9.0 from O.P.M.

This is a discussion on First Review for 09 in. 9.0 from O.P.M. within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2008, 07:04 PM   #9
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: First Review for 09 in. 9.0 from O.P.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveeee
meaning you think they gave it to high of a score?
PES 2008 was barely even a complete game, compounded by the fact that the action on the pitch had a number of problems holding it back. An 8.0 is more than generous, it's just wrong. Though I don't know, I suppose you could say scores are misleading... So...

From metacritic:

OPM US Version, 8.0:

"For the on-field experience, PES is an astounding recreation of the beautiful game, and we just hope that the license restrictions are alleviated by 09."

OPM UK Version, 9.0:

"There is no other game on PS3 that you're guaranteed to still be playing this obsessively this time next year."

"Astounding" isn't the first word that pops into my mind when playing PES 2008. And the only reason I'm still playing it is because I felt it played better than FIFA 08, not because of any obsession.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:51 AM   #10
Banned

steveeee's Arena

OVR: 9

for the record

I just wanted to make sure that is what he meant. last year was the first time I didn't own the latest PES/WE game.

I agree.. PES Next gen has been dissapointing...

but I could of sworn I seen a koshi on these boards saying how PES was more realistic than FIFA last year. and don't fall for the EA hype.. so I'm confused... I thought maybe he was acting like they gave it to low of a score

Quote:
Oh, by the way, I'll be waiting for you on Fifa09! Brian
i might only be on PS3 online this year.. not sure yet. same with NHL..

Last edited by steveeee; 08-30-2008 at 01:07 AM.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:45 AM   #11
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
...so I'm confused...
Someone not taking sides and trying to see things for what they are seems to confuse a lot of people here at OS.

Wait... You mean there's... Reality... Beyond the rhetoric???

Yes, oh child that was left behind... Yes there is.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2008, 05:40 AM   #12
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:
but I could of sworn I seen a koshi on these boards saying how PES was more realistic than FIFA last year. and don't fall for the EA hype.. so I'm confused... I thought maybe he was acting like they gave it to low of a score

Don't get him started again, man. For someone that said Fifa's game didn't resemble real football and never believe the EA hype, why would he be in a thread that is about FIFA 09?
Old 08-30-2008, 08:38 AM   #13
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

OVR: 9

Thanks for the heads up on the review. Got to see & read the scans, and the thing I'm loving most about it is the thing they listed as hating - goal droughts. Personally, I'd rather have hard fought matches that lead to possible scoreless draws and few goals than averaging 3 or more a game like it was for me (and for most who played the games consistently) on the top difficulties on both PES & FIFA 08. Didn't see anything on Manager Mode, so that sucks, but most of it sounds pretty good. Hopefully I'll get to see for myself with the demo and get a good taste of the gameplay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »