Home

Manager Mode for 2010

This is a discussion on Manager Mode for 2010 within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2008, 08:23 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Manager Mode for 2010

European play in the first season!!! And with the new UEFA Europa League format replacing the UEFA Cup next year, the EFA Trophy in the game should reflect that too (12 groups of 4 teams basically). The domestic league formats for leagues with playoffs need to be corrected. Also when i simmed my Dutch league, the top 3 qualified for the CL, when IRL, only a max of 2 teams qualify...things like that need to be fixed.

CPU "Managers" should be forced to adhere to their budgets (ie: the budgets that are listed in the game for each team) when offering to buy players. If i put Ronaldo for sale for $75million, only teams that have a budget of $75m + should make offers, not friggin' SK Brann of Norway!

Transfers on the whole just need to be both alot more frequent, and realistic. Allocating budgets to non-human controlled teams is a start, but coding needs to be tweaked to ensure big time players only go where they'd be expected to go in real life. Maybe one example is ensure any player rated 85+ overall would only be interested in a CL qualifier or a 4-star and above team. The only way for a 3.5 star or below team to buy a 85+ rated player is to either qualify for the CL, or offer the selling club a significant amount over the player's market value. Another thing is to allocate a team/league preference to every player in the game...how many English players would prefer to play outside of England realistically?

Another thing re transfers that should be much easier to implement: bidding wars! In 09, i only get one offer per player (per week) that i put on the market. And a transfer movement screen is a must have, especially since its in the last gen game.

Pre-season matches, where we can select which team and where to play...i 've read over at SoccerGaming.TV forums, that this is on the PC version, and you can even change the ratio of ticket revenue received by each team!

Bring back the ability to edit your team's squad numbers!

Minor issue...but when scouting players, at least give them realistic names pertaining to the region they are from. I scouted two African players - one Ghanaian and one Camerounian - but both had foreign first and last names (eg: a random mix of Brazilian surname with an Italian firstname)...an easy way around this is to just have a preset list of youngsters that are available to scout. They can base them on developer names - i'm sure there'd be a wide range of national backgrounds on the FIFA Dev team - as long as a Brazilian name is given to a Brazilian player, and as long as they still have a soccer player look about them of course

Assist tracking league wide please, in the Top 20's section. It would be nice to see results, standings and stats (goals and assists at least) from all other leagues in the game too, at thevery least, from all leagues within your national association.

This game needs alot more injuries, esp when simming, for ALL teams. It also needs a league wide injuries and suspension list (like they have included in Tournament mode) instead of having to access player profiles.

Speaking of player profiles, i would love to be able to view historic stats (again, mainly just goals and assists) over a player's career, broken down season-by-season, like in every NON-SOCCER sports game lol...maybe ML is PES has this i'm not sure. I remember in NHL 2002, the game recognised and celebrated milestones (such as a player's 50th goal and 100th assist etc) during a game...that would be a neat touch too but obviously not a necessity.

BAP Seasons mode is fun, but why can't we just incorporate it into MM? It is essentially a "player lock" mode after all, and the MM features more realistic and useful things in it that BAP doesn't (namely assist tracking and transfers). At least i don't imagine BAP has CPU transfers, but i haven't got far in it yet...
Old 10-07-2008, 08:45 AM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
-Community Shield at Wembley (I'm guessing they didn't do this for 09)
-Youth Academies
Regarding neutral venues, during my Man Utd 09/10season, i played the ECC final at the "Stadio Generico" which kinda resembled Roma/Lazio's Stadio Olimpico (well it had a running track around it). I was listed as the home team for the game, so it was definitely a neutral venue. I'll double check with the FA Community Shield venue tonight...

And your point about youth academies triggered another want of mine...being able to sign deals with feeder clubs as a means of acquiring younger players. Don't Arsenal have some agreement with Beveren or some team in the Belgian league for that particular purpose...?

I would love the option to say play as Newcatle United in the EPL and sign a feeder club agreement with the Newcastle United Jets of the A-League to get first dibs on all that Aussie talent
Old 10-07-2008, 09:45 PM   #11
Rookie

Mad 69's Arena

OVR: 10

I would like full stat tracking for all players in the game, I want to see assists. I'm not sure if 09 has this but I want to see how many goals/assists a player has for the season after he scores a goal in game - maybe under his name like they do in NHL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2008, 10:16 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
-Community Shield at Wembley (I'm guessing they didn't do this for 09)
I started a new MM as Man Utd and can confirm that the Community Shield is at Wembley! But it was at night...
Old 10-07-2008, 11:47 PM   #13
Mr. Brightside

Acid's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcutta
I started a new MM as Man Utd and can confirm that the Community Shield is at Wembley! But it was at night...
Sick, I got tired of playing it at the home team's ground.
But we all live in denial
Old 10-08-2008, 12:15 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

You be able to play training. Other than just hearing about it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »