Home

Question on fifa 09 that may make me buy it...

This is a discussion on Question on fifa 09 that may make me buy it... within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2008, 12:25 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Question on fifa 09 that may make me buy it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by R9Ronaldo
Thanks for the replies guys...ive ordered it anyway- tho im still!! confused as to how for eg-----you start an online ranked game
-someone picks an epl team fro eg arsenal
-the other guy picks an epl team eg man u
-yet one has the adidas updates for the epl
-the other has the adidas updates for la ligathen what?????lol
You won't use Adidas live season in that match. I believe it only works if both players have live season for the teams they are using
Old 10-16-2008, 01:34 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrodrigues
You won't use Adidas live season in that match. I believe it only works if both players have live season for the teams they are using

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa thanks- that would explain it then
Old 10-16-2008, 01:45 PM   #11
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcutta
But i can also confirm Stelios Giannokopolous (sp?) was NOT in the squad, he was a Sept free agent signing by Hull. He's actually in the Greek national team squad in the game but i don't think you can move/copy a player from a national team to a club team in 09.
In 08 you could do this by removing the player from his national team. After you replace him with another player, he will then be listed under 'Free Agents'. For 08, someone at gamefaqs.com made a list of all the guys on national teams who play for a club that is not in the game. Russia had quite a few and I successfully had Arshavin, Akinfeev, Zhirkov, etc in the FA pool for manager mode. Didn't try to do this yet in 09...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2008, 06:59 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
In 08 you could do this by removing the player from his national team. After you replace him with another player, he will then be listed under 'Free Agents'. For 08, someone at gamefaqs.com made a list of all the guys on national teams who play for a club that is not in the game. Russia had quite a few and I successfully had Arshavin, Akinfeev, Zhirkov, etc in the FA pool for manager mode. Didn't try to do this yet in 09...
Really? I never knew that...I will try this out in 09 for sure!
Old 10-18-2008, 12:10 AM   #13
MVP

Found a slightly different way to get Stelios onto Hull's squad:

- Go to Manage Teams > Transfers > Club Transfers and then select ANY team
- Then press Y (360) to bring up the Search options and select "Search by Name"
- Search for "Giann"...Giannokopolous will appear in the results screen
- Highlight him and press A to select him
- Now the right side of the screen is enabled allowing you to choose which team to move him to, simply find and select Hull!

Although i did notice he was no longer in the Greek squad after doing this, so i guess, as Qb referred to, this physically moves him out of the national team in order to put him onto the club team, though that wasn't my intention (i was simply trying to "copy" him). But you can always re-select him in the Greece team under International Selections.

Unfortunately Diego Tristan isn't in the game (did a search by name and also looked through his last club Livorno in Serie B but he didn't appear) so i couldn't add him to West Ham. There are also no pre-set Free Agents in the FA Pool in the game.

Any other national team players require this er...treatment in FIFA 09?
Old 10-18-2008, 03:00 AM   #14
Rookie

Mad 69's Arena

OVR: 10

One of my fav players from EURO 08 - Tymoschuk - midfielder. I believe he plays for a team in the Netherlands? He should be on the Czech national team. I'm going to add him in when I do a Dutch MM.

Last edited by Mad 69; 10-18-2008 at 03:03 AM.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:04 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad 69
One of my fav players from EURO 08 - Tymoschuk - midfielder. I believe he plays for a team in the Netherlands? He should be on the Czech national team. I'm going to add him in when I do a Dutch MM.
Tymoschyuk is Ukrainian and plays for Zenit St Petersburg in real life. Zenit aren't in the game, but Ukraine is so make sure you add him to the Free Agent list in the main menu BEFORE you start a Manager Mode, if you want to be able to sign him in your MM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »