Home

Receiving passes

This is a discussion on Receiving passes within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2008, 12:12 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Receiving passes

I'm new to Fifa but have a huge appreciation for good passing. Sometimes I get as excited executing a series of successful passes as scoring a goal.

I was wondering if any of you Fifa veterans could tell me how this person (in the video link below) redirects a pass and instead of stopping it let's its momentum continue.

See time stamps 0:11 and 0:33
Video

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2008, 07:41 AM   #2
MVP

chestnutz6's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Receiving passes

it might just be a dummy, which would be holding RT I believe
Old 10-24-2008, 08:51 AM   #3
Rookie

I thought to dummy a pass was to let it go through the pass receivers legs? Is this a variation of that?
Old 10-24-2008, 10:49 AM   #4
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

What you need to do is hold the RB as the ball comes at you. It'll go through your legs and you'll be able to either pass it on or hit the RS out to push the ball out in front of you. In 08 you had to hit the LT or LB to trap and control, this year it kills all of your momentum and you end up getting the ball taken away. Hope this helps. Trust me, I had my share of frustrations with it too.
Brian

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Last edited by BrianFifaFan; 10-24-2008 at 07:04 PM.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:28 PM   #5
Rookie

In game, when I dummy the pass the ball goes through the legs and I use the LS to chase the ball down. But at 0:11 in the video, is that the same thing? Notice how the ball is actually deflected off the inside foot and redirected in an altogether different direction then the momentum of the pass. The player then precedes to chase the ball in the new direction.

The maker of this video connects passes so fluidly and with such variety. I want to play that style of Fifa.

Thanks all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2008, 06:00 PM   #6
Rookie

Alot of these moves are first touch's. You really have to think like the player and decide the direction you want to go then it is just a matter of flicking the R stick in that direction. Depending on position and how aggressive you move the R stick the farther the ball will travel. etc. First touch's can also be performed with just the L stick but again, and I stress this, you have to use the momentum in your favour. No sudden 90 or 180* degree reversals of direction or you will lose control. Someone else mentioned this on here, but it really helps to spend some time running around in the arena w your player to get comfortable with the movement. You will notice that with just a flick of the left stick your player will actually jog a few steps then come to a stop. You don't have to hold the stick in that direction for him to cover a small distace. This can come in handy when trying to avoid tackles and maintaining control. Alot of people who play this game just hold the L stick in a given direction all the time. this makes it harder to stop or change direction or even make good passes. Give it a try.

Last edited by snoman; 10-24-2008 at 06:07 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »