Home

Exhibition Matches - The Best of FIFA 09!

This is a discussion on Exhibition Matches - The Best of FIFA 09! within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2008, 06:20 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Exhibition Matches - The Best of FIFA 09!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal-Phenom
So, anyone have impressions? BluChamp's findings seem very intriguing. May have to just try it once and for all.................
As I said, I've noticed the same thing this year and in the last two FIFA releases, which is partly why I as well rarely play anything except exhibition matches. I play on Pro and have low-scoring, even matches. I doubt I've seen the CPU score more than twice in the first half -- it's usually back-and-forth until someone scores later into the game.

Last night I started up a new EPL tournament. My first match was against Blackburn. They scored on a header in the first 5 minutes. Intrigued, I reloaded the tournament and restarted the game. They scored again on a header in the first 5 minutes. Altogether, I restarted the game 6 times: they scored in the first 5 minutes in every game, 5 times on headers.

This morning, I created a new EPL tournament and tried the test again. Everton was my first opponent. Guess what? In the 2 games I've played, they scored on a header in the first 5 minutes.

The game programmed to, at certain times, give you a greater challenge in tournaments and season play. CPU players get attribute boosts, and are suddenly more agile and more deadly with crosses and headers. But I don't know how much of this is specifically related to the custom tactics versus simple ratings boosts for players, so I'll stay out of that argument.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2008, 01:11 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
As I said, I've noticed the same thing this year and in the last two FIFA releases, which is partly why I as well rarely play anything except exhibition matches. I play on Pro and have low-scoring, even matches. I doubt I've seen the CPU score more than twice in the first half -- it's usually back-and-forth until someone scores later into the game.

Last night I started up a new EPL tournament. My first match was against Blackburn. They scored on a header in the first 5 minutes. Intrigued, I reloaded the tournament and restarted the game. They scored again on a header in the first 5 minutes. Altogether, I restarted the game 6 times: they scored in the first 5 minutes in every game, 5 times on headers.

This morning, I created a new EPL tournament and tried the test again. Everton was my first opponent. Guess what? In the 2 games I've played, they scored on a header in the first 5 minutes.

The game programmed to, at certain times, give you a greater challenge in tournaments and season play. CPU players get attribute boosts, and are suddenly more agile and more deadly with crosses and headers. But I don't know how much of this is specifically related to the custom tactics versus simple ratings boosts for players, so I'll stay out of that argument.
I don't know. If they are programmed to score then they would be programmed to score in exhibition mode as well.

It's mostly a placebo effect that exhibition plays differently.

In MM, MAKE SURE TO INCREASE YOUR STAFF ATTRIBUTES. This does and well make your players worse.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:28 AM   #27
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod
Except this isn't true.

Learn how to play defense and switch to defensive tactics. The CPU and is real football and push forward.

how do you know it isn't true? Don't be so arrogant. I play great defense, but in dynasty games, the goalie becomes swiss cheese at the end. Does it happen ALL the time? NO, it doesn't but it happens a LOT more than it should

In exhibition games none of this exists. Get off your high horse and stop assuming someone else is wrong if they don't agree with you.

I'm drawing my experience from NHL 09....fifa 09 season mode is also scripted like this...but to be honest, it is much more obvious in the nhl game. Maybe that is why you don't really notice in fifa. But it is there...

Last edited by phillyfan23; 11-17-2008 at 01:30 AM.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:14 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
how do you know it isn't true? Don't be so arrogant. I play great defense, but in dynasty games, the goalie becomes swiss cheese at the end. Does it happen ALL the time? NO, it doesn't but it happens a LOT more than it should

In exhibition games none of this exists. Get off your high horse and stop assuming someone else is wrong if they don't agree with you.

I'm drawing my experience from NHL 09....fifa 09 season mode is also scripted like this...but to be honest, it is much more obvious in the nhl game. Maybe that is why you don't really notice in fifa. But it is there...
I play with only passes on semi, the game plays exactly the same way in exhibition as it does MM and tournament. in MM there's a slight away disadvantage.

You guys want to see something that doesn't exist. It's a placebo effect. In exhibition some guys have modded their games so much to get it playing more to their liking. With most aids on, and on worldclass, I find the game too easy.

I bet that if you really analyzed when a goal went against you there are more factors to it than just cheating. This year's FIFA on world class isn't easy but it's fair.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:49 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

For Xbox 360, When you create a player and add it to the team you want him in, it shows up on Be A Pro. My created player in Be A Pro is currently Overall 91, but in the exhibition matches he is 57 (what he started off with). What I'm wondering is, how can you put the player with Overall 91 into an exhibition match, and replace the Overall 57? I did it before, but it got erased. ?? Any Help.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »