Home

Reviving my interest in FIFA 09 by changing individual player ratings

This is a discussion on Reviving my interest in FIFA 09 by changing individual player ratings within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2009, 07:49 PM   #17
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Reviving my interest in FIFA 09 by changing individual player ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by koshi
...I'm going to test out USER aggression at 100 and just see what it does...
Okay so this pretty much does nothing. With my Quick Tactics aggression at 100 my back line is still as passive as ever.

I even tried setting pressure at 100 and all that did was stretch my form out and make it easier to break down for the CPU.

In fact, it's probably better to set the user pressure to contain, because maybe at least that way your CPU controlled teammates won't get out of position and leave you exposed.

Also, I think they basically programmed it for the default cursor setting, which always switches you back... In other words I think you're expected to do all of work.

Last edited by spit_bubble; 02-21-2009 at 08:17 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-21-2009, 11:57 PM   #18
Rookie

eagletal88's Arena

OVR: 1

Hey guys, I shall be chipping in on this post also. I only play Be a Pro, so some things will be setup differently. Here is a paste of a post I made awhile back, where I do a lot of work to make BAP more realistic.

K, first I want to give Bluchampblogger kudos for his work on realistic gameplay, which inspired me to do my own work.

I will keep this short and sweet. These edits are specifically made for BAP mode, (that's all I play). My goals were to...

- Create a sloppier game style, with more bad touches, passes and such. ( I feel this is more realistic)
- Create more of an EPL style of play, fast and plenty of action, yet still realistic.
- Ensure there are plenty of fouls to create those nervy free kick moments
- Ensure that the AI for your team members and your opponent AI are intelligent and unpredictable as possible.
- And finally, something that reflects what soccer really means to me... a beautiful, yet at times sloppy game.

Here are my settings...
Difficulty - Legendary (this creates the best AI attacks)
Half Length - 8-10 minutes
Custom Tactics - I use bluchampblogger's tactics for the most part with a few minor tweaks.

Now the fun part, albeit lengthy part. Time to Edit each individuals stats. Now I change every players stats universally, (meaning I keep things even across the board so no player gets an unfair advantage.)

So here goes...

Attacking
Finishing: +5 (to give players that extra edge to finish, because the AI needs it)
Short passing: -15 (creates a lot of mid-field play, with a few more erratic passes)
Skill
Dribbling: +5 (this will allow the AI to actually dribble around the defense)
Long Pass: -10 (Again, this keeps things interesting with a few more stray long balls)
Ball control: -15 (This will get rid of the "ball-tied-with-a-elastic-to-feet" effect. This is probably the most important change I made to create that random exciting atmosphere)
Power
Shot Power: +5 (Gives the shooters more of a bite on their shots)
Long shooting: +10 (I felt the long shots taken by the AI needed help, this works)
Movement
Acceleration: -15 (this is where my quest started, kudos to bluchampblogger for the slowdown of gameplay to make it more tactical)
Sprint speed: -10 (I find the better to create that explosion some players have after they accelerate)
Mentality
Aggression: +10 (this will give players a shot of steriods on attacking the ball. Another huge helpful change!)

And for goalies...
Reflexes: -5 (goalies tend to me too good on the legendary difficulty setting)
Ball handling: -10
Diving: -10

All I can say is WOW, these changes made a big difference for me in the enjoyment of this game. These settings are my hard work and I felt I wanted to add something to the Fifa community. I understand that not many people only play BAP mode, but for the people that do, you should give it a try!
Old 02-22-2009, 12:33 AM   #19
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

eagle i play pro mode

and i did most of these and i am having a blast but i love playing solo its what i like most

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »