Home

I only score on through balls..

This is a discussion on I only score on through balls.. within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2009, 02:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
I only score on through balls..

That's the only way I can score. I have to be on a counter-attack with one of my midfielders (usually the CAM) and send a through ball to one of my two strikers and score on a one-on-one.

Whenever I cross it or corner kick my headers usually go over the goal. Scoring from outside the 18 seems impossible right now. I am playing on Pro difficulty and I run a 4-1-2-1-2. Any suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2009, 10:11 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: I only score on through balls..

I have no advice. Just wanted to comment that I'm in the exact same boat with FIFA 09. That wasn't the case with FIFA 08. I would get goals from corners and crosses in last year's game. But not 09.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:29 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

There are plenty of ways to score in this game. I suggest playing with a 5 star team against 3 or 4 star teams and just try different things. That's what I did whenever I struggled as I went up to Legendary difficulty. Now I have my way with the CPU and most of my friends.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:02 PM   #4
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

I dont know. Maybe you should just try to slow your attack down, wait for more men to get forward. I've scored more often just because I took my time on the attack and waited for an open man on a cross or someone open in front of the goal.

So yeah. My advice is to just slow down your attack, pass the ball around. You'll find more chances on goal.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:58 PM   #5
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

There are a lot of diferent ways to score. As was mentioned take a great team against a not so great one and try them out. You can cross, use skill moves to get up field, shoot from long range, counter attack, through ball, lobbed thourg ball, and go straight into the box way to name a few.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2009, 08:12 PM   #6
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
I dont know. Maybe you should just try to slow your attack down, wait for more men to get forward. I've scored more often just because I took my time on the attack and waited for an open man on a cross or someone open in front of the goal.

So yeah. My advice is to just slow down your attack, pass the ball around. You'll find more chances on goal.
Exactly.

It can be too easy and tempting to counter attack, put in a through ball, and get a one on one with the keeper in this game. However, if you slow the pace, get men forward, and make yourself attack different ways, then you'll score in more variety. Not to say you then shouldn't try and score off through balls, because then you can mix it in as well. Then, when you score from them less regularly, it's much more exciting and rewarding.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:14 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

On the flip side, I just started playing 1v1 online and it seems like the only way people score on me is on through balls. In fact it seems like that's the only strategy 99% of the people I've played against even know.

What's the best way to defend against through balls? It seems like I never have enough guys in the back and they easily get burned 1 on 1. I've basically just been sitting in ultra defensive and scoring on counterattacks, but they still get way too many through ball chances. Any suggestions?
Old 07-03-2009, 12:30 AM   #8
MVP

chestnutz6's Arena

OVR: 11

In custom tactics, but your "pressure" setting on the lowest possible, then your defenders will play deeper in their half.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »