Home

Headers. How to get in position and score.

This is a discussion on Headers. How to get in position and score. within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2009, 08:26 PM   #9
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Headers. How to get in position and score.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
can you explain more about the "super-cancel"?
You know how at times you feel like you don't have full control over the player you're controlling? Like he's being artificially pulled to a certain spot or locked in? Well, using "super cancel" (that's the old WE/PES term for it) ends the AI "assistance" and gives you full control over your player.

It can be very helpful in certain situations and might be even more important if you're using the more unpredictable manual passing/crossing settings. One thing to watch out for is a slight hesitation right after you do it, but that may be avoidable with good timing/skill. I have little of either, so it's hard for me to say...

As far as how it relates to jostling, well, I guess it could be used to get you out of a jostle if you wanted to bail out. For example, if your attacking player is sealed off behind the defender as the ball is in the air, you might be able to super cancel and move in front of him or sag off a bit & hope for a lucky bounce. But I use it more to break my guy out of the "locked in" state before running onto manual crosses/through balls put into space.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:01 AM   #10
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Headers. How to get in position and score.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
You know how at times you feel like you don't have full control over the player you're controlling? Like he's being artificially pulled to a certain spot or locked in? Well, using "super cancel" (that's the old WE/PES term for it) ends the AI "assistance" and gives you full control over your player.

It can be very helpful in certain situations and might be even more important if you're using the more unpredictable manual passing/crossing settings. One thing to watch out for is a slight hesitation right after you do it, but that may be avoidable with good timing/skill. I have little of either, so it's hard for me to say...

As far as how it relates to jostling, well, I guess it could be used to get you out of a jostle if you wanted to bail out. For example, if your attacking player is sealed off behind the defender as the ball is in the air, you might be able to super cancel and move in front of him or sag off a bit & hope for a lucky bounce. But I use it more to break my guy out of the "locked in" state before running onto manual crosses/through balls put into space.
Q is right but I feel like the "on rails/locked in" state is good for a lot of situations, especially through balls. While the ball is in the air the super cancel is great for jostling. Don't forget to factor in player's ratings and size for headers. I feel like every sports video game ever created gives an advantage to the taller players despite how high someone can jump or how strong they are. Guys like Crouch & Zlatan give me fits in the box in FIFA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »