Home

FIFA 2010 Wish List

This is a discussion on FIFA 2010 Wish List within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2008, 09:49 AM   #1
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30
FIFA 2010 Wish List

I know it may seem a bit early, but before long David Rutter and the FIFA folks up in Vancouver will be sitting down and having some meetings about what FIFA 2010 will become. I think it's important that we pass along our ideas before that happens. Maybe our EA community leaders can then send this information along to their contact.
================================================== ====

Gameplay
Game Speed: I liked 08's pace better than I do 09. I really wish they would've kept the slower pace and instead tweaked the speed of the ball instead.

Fouls: They still need to be tweaked, and the way ref's play advantage needs further work as well. One thing that's starting to annoy me - situations where I play the ball past a defender and then that defender blocks/impedes me is rarely called a foul, but is almost always one in real life.

Practice: We need a better way to practice than what the arena provides. And not only free kick situations, but corners and some sort of free practice overall. Actual free kick practice with a wall and such is a MUST, but the others would be great also.

Right Stick Touches: Needs tweaking. I like the idea, but there needs to be more of a "pressure sensitive" feel to them. It seems like the stick always results in kicking the ball too far.

Offsides: Players still aren't intelligent enough in regards to staying onside.

Online Play

Interactive Leagues: I really like the idea of these, a lot! But if you don't play as ManU, then you don't really get to play as your club. Make these matches Non-Ranked! Since they are ranked, the rank whores simply pick the best club(s) in each league. Also, I'd rather see the matches played *after* the weekend, with the lineups set the same as they are on match day and then games played all that next week.

Leagues: Allow the ability to play 2 games against each team! I don't get how this wasn't fixed in 09. Also, EA needs to take a page from 2K and how they integrate the web into their online leagues. NBA 2K9 has an amazing setup with their league play......

Tournaments: And expanding on league play, I'd really like to see the ability to setup Champion's League style tournaments with group and knockout stages.

Filtered Matchups: Give us the ability to filter out the people that only play with 5-star teams. Let me setup a search, or create a match (in non ranked) that only allows a certain level of team....ie: 4.5 star or less....4 star or less, etc.

Manager Mode and AI

I'll admit I don't play a lot of Manager Mode, but some of that has to do with it being so dismal. This should be the heart of FIFA, but it has some serious issues that need resolved.

Smart Gameday AI: Expanding on the tactics and formation editors, I'd like to see the CPU utilize this much better. I want the CPU to change not only it's tactics if I'm a powerful team playing a smaller club, but I want to see them change their formation as well. IE: If I'm ManU and I'm playing West Brom at Old Trafford, they should be bunkered in a 4-5-1 and playing for the draw.

I also want to see the AI making smart choices during the game in regards to the game's situation....formation changes when leading or behind...personnel changes when in those situations, etc.

This also goes for how the CPU chooses it's starting lineups. It's pathetic that as the season goes on the CPU continues to play the same lineup each game and neither makes changes due to fatigue nor uses players they either acquire through the transfer market or talent they develop.

Transfer Market: Why do I have to wait until I play a game until transfers are processed? During the transfer window the game should give me the option to sim one day at a time when negotiating for players.
==============================================

So let's see some other ideas! I'm sure there's plenty. I'm in favor of letting this go for a few weeks and then if one of our FIFA community reps could package this up and see if we can't get it looked at by those who make the game, that'd be great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2008, 11:44 AM   #2
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: FIFA 2010 Wish List

#1 Fix the teammate AI

#2 See #1

This game is not great to play offline because of the AI issues. I'm sure it is great fun online, but for us offline people, the AI makes it very frustrating. Teammates standing around is not good. The CPU can simply run the ball through your midfield at will. They run away from the one player you control (with a super speed burst) and the other 10 guys on the field are useless.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:19 AM   #3

Bahnzo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene31
#1 Fix the teammate AI

#2 See #1

This game is not great to play offline because of the AI issues. I'm sure it is great fun online, but for us offline people, the AI makes it very frustrating. Teammates standing around is not good. The CPU can simply run the ball through your midfield at will. They run away from the one player you control (with a super speed burst) and the other 10 guys on the field are useless.
Good one, I should've remembered this when I made my list. And it's not only your AI teammates not defending, it's also them standing around when receiving a pass. It really burns me when I pass it to a teammate and they stand there while a defender runs in front and takes the pass. They either need to run up to the pass, or hold off the defender while the ball arrives. There's no way to switch to them quick enough to do it yourself.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:32 PM   #4

Bahnzo's Arena

C'mon guys, I'd really like to see some ideas here. This is the time when the people responsible for FIFA will start having meetings and discussing features for the next one. After that it's pretty much set in stone. I think if we could put together an intelligent and reasonable list of what needs to be either fixed or tweaked for the next version, it could help insure a better game next year. Especially now that we have community reps that can forward our ideas to EA themselves.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:34 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Gameplay:
-Fouling system needs to be reworked. Seems like there are a lot of fouls that don't get called, and a lot that get called don't really look like fouls...also, way too many cards, it seems like almost any foul gets a yellow

-Teammate AI needs some serious help. My AI teammates DO NOT know how to stay on-sides at all. This was a huge problem in '08 and wasn't even touched. Also, AI teammates respond poorly to through balls (they hesitate their runs on lobbed through balls, which usually costs them a chance at the ball because the AI defenders are always faster) and take poor lines to balls played into space

-Why is almost every single AI controlled opponent faster than all of my players, always? In all the matches I've played Cristiano Ronaldo is the only player I've used that can outrun defenders on a regular basis, in every other situation the AI opponent is faster. Same problem existed in '08.

-Free kicks are too hard, I haven't put one in yet through 50 games and I probably won't any time soon.

Manager Mode:
-Better stat tracking. First of all, stats should be separated by competition. Right now you just get total goals for the season, I want it broken down into league, cups, etc. Assists need to be tracked and I would like to see standings and stats from leagues other than my own so if I want to buy a player I can see how well he is playing in his league that season.

-Rework the transfer market. I'll give you an example...I'm halfway through my first season with Man United...when the January window opened I listed Ronaldo and Rooney for sale. At the time Ronaldo was rated a 95 overall and Rooney a 91 overall. After the first match I got an offer of $162 million for Ronaldo from Portsmouth and $82 million for Rooney from Aston Villa. Turned both down. After the next game, same thing only switched, offered $162 million for Ronaldo from Villa and $82 million for Rooney from Portsmouth. Now how can teams like that be offering that kind of money? That's just not very realistic.

-Edit kit number feature needs to be brought back. No excuse for that being gone

-Why no Champions League/UEFA Cup for the first season?

-Some preseason matches and some kind of practice mode where you can practice corners, set pieces, etc would be nice
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2008, 05:55 AM   #6
Don't Trust Influencers

ChubbyBanana's Arena

OVR: 46

Although I'm sure it's not a biggie to some, I would like to be able to create an in-game save from time to time. Sometimes you just have to drop everything and run, and I don't like to have that happen in the middle of a match.

I also second the idea about a practice mode for set pieces, corners, etc. That would be excellent.

More Team licenses and More Real Stadiums are also something I would like to see. Who wouldn't?!?!?!?

I'll come up with some more in a bit...

Twitch Stream
Old 10-28-2008, 08:18 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfdemarco
Gameplay:
-Fouling system needs to be reworked. Seems like there are a lot of fouls that don't get called, and a lot that get called don't really look like fouls...also, way too many cards, it seems like almost any foul gets a yellow
This is what frustrates me the most. I've slammed down the controller and turned off the console more times since this game has been released then I ever did owning FIFA 08.

Nearly EVERY game one of my players have been giving a red card on a play that happened like 15 minutes before! The advantage rule needs huge work done to it. I'm only playing on Pro and I'm scared to death to make any sort of tackle as it ends up being a FK or a card. And when I have the ball I get sithed down with ease and the ref stands there with a thumb up his @ss. Barely had a look in on a Free Kick in goal range, Something is terribly wrong here.

The speed is much too fast. I'm playing on slow and it is still way to fast.

Bring back the option of picking up to 8 teams in a tournament. The limit is now 4. That sucks!

Bring back Practice mode!
Old 10-28-2008, 07:32 PM   #8

Bahnzo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyBanana
More Team licenses
Really Some obscure Honduran League missing?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »