Home

FIFA Soccer 10 Full Game Impressions

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 10 Full Game Impressions within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2009, 06:48 PM   #81
Rookie

mdbussen's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: FIFA Soccer 10 Full Game Impressions

Do EA even playtest their games before they are released? There is some incredibly basic stuff here that any half-competent programmer could get correct given a day or so of work.

A patch had better be forthcoming...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2009, 07:57 PM   #82
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16

Okay, that list of bugs has left me appalled. The gameplay in FIFA is nothing short of amazing, but sadly, MM will be completely unplayable if all that is true.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:01 PM   #83
Banned

Tubby Mack's Arena

OVR: 1

Damn!! Hope they get a patch for this garbage ASAP!! Would b great to have a patch at or near launch in the USA!!!
I will not buy the game unless there is!

EA is apparently giving up play testing after seeing NCAA, Madden, and now FIFA...they just see what the public finds and throw out a patch to fix some of it.... Total BS!!!!
Old 10-06-2009, 10:24 PM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 6

If I want to Manage a team I play FM
If I want to play a soccer simulation I play Fifa.

Never had any expectations for manager mode or for that matter any dynasty, career mode, gm mode in any Simulation game
Old 10-06-2009, 10:53 PM   #85
MVP

OVR: 14

The CPU have a 100% record - 4 from 4 - of scoring direct free kicks from within 25 yards against me. The first was from van der Vaart on World Class (FK rating = 88); the next two were by A-League players on Professional, whose FK ratings were around 45 and 28 respectively...neither player in real life would take their team's direct free kicks, but they struck the ball exactly how VDV did, with great pace and accuracy.

However the 4th one takes the cake, again by an A-League player (rated ~52 for FKs) on Pro:

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2009, 11:08 PM   #86
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenferret
Does anyone know if they've addressed the league patches on the kits? Last year played with QPR, and when I was promoted I was still running around with Coca Cola patches. Thought it would be kind of cool if they could change the patches to Barclay's if you are promoted up. Would love to find out as I have to wait till the 20th. Arrgghh!
EA hasn't gotten patches right since the PS2. It's been like that forever in NCAA Fball.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:32 PM   #87
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22

Man..... I'm floored by all of the MM bugs/glitches. After the last few years of MM being pretty much unplayable I really thought it would get some much needed attention for this years game. If anything it sounds like it may have gotten worse.. The gameplay looks solid, but I don't think I can throw down 60 bones for this game if I can't enjoy the MM.

So.. how's PES looking?
Old 10-07-2009, 12:08 AM   #88
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

OVR: 16

I don't know about MM glitches but the actual gameplay this year is sublime. If you put it on all manual its stunning. I'm 20 games into a MM with Sheffield Wednesday and am having a blast. The only thing is, I haven't lost yet! I'm on professional (the difficulty I've always played next gen FIFA on) and fear its time to move up to World Class. My feelings of trepidation are because historically thats the difficulty where the CPU cheats kick in. The kind of bollocks that PES has turned into an art form since 2006.

I'm sure a lot of these issues will be patched. This is EA's biggest sports title is it not?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »