Home

FIFA Soccer 10 Full Game Impressions

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 10 Full Game Impressions within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2009, 11:11 PM   #129
Rookie

Mad 69's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: FIFA Soccer 10 Full Game Impressions

I would like to see a two cycle for sports games, there really is no need to release a game every year. I believe they purposely don't make the game perfect- why would they? They have to leave you wanting more so you buy the game next year.
Old 10-11-2009, 05:23 AM   #130
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6

Got the game two days ago and have to say it's a great game of footie (i'm american but lived in England to long to say soccer anymore).

Played about 20 offline matches, won some and lost some but had fun in all of them. The passing and dribbling this year is just crazy with the amount of control you have. Graphics are also improved and the animations are great.

Still some problems with passing, even though I stated how good the control is. The ball just gets a mind of it's own sometimes and goes in the complete opposite direction you want it to go. Also it takes time to get used to the whole 360 control. I can't tell you how many times I've run out of bounds, lol.

Also there are some strange glitches. Was taking the ball up the pitch, juked the defender and was headed towards goal when I was tackled from behind. The ref pulled out his yellow card and showed it to me!! It was one of those WTF moments.

All in all I'm more then happy with my purchase and I know all you folks back in the states will be to once the game comes out there. I got lucky being in Korea and got the Asian version of the game with the UK cover and manual all in english for $40. Gotta love it.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:20 PM   #131
Immense Dimension

electrickeeper's Arena

OVR: 12

It's not a big deal, but one thing I have noticed, is when I changed my player roles right before an online match, it never stays when I get a set piece in the game. I have Modric set to take most of my kicks, but it always seems to be a different guy taking them once a kick occurs.

Like I said, it's not a big deal, especially since you can change right in the game, it's just annoying.

- Playstation Football Association Career(online manager mode)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2009, 02:21 AM   #132
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

i read through these pages and i really want to play video game football but i realize fifa is not football....

people bash assisted and say play all manual well, i say this to you folks why should i when the cpu WON'T.... I can play all manual where every pass is cautious and requires concentration but on the other side of the ball the cpu has, the golden touch, they trap the ball god like and sprint on goal at top speed in nano seconds...

when you look at the ratings in this game you realize why this game is pure crap, rooney has a 88 short passing, berbatov has 80 plus as well, my god they are mid fielders and damn good ones too with ratings like those, since the game has no pass speed rating they can play balls like xavi with each touch,

so while i play the ball back and set up plays the cpu takes full advantage of those ratings playing dagger balls with ease with rio ferdanand and his 80+ short pass rating....

why should house rules apply to the human and the cpu has infinite ability. the cpu has 2 options for goal strikes HIGH and ON TARGET... they never get weak shots or sliced shots they get PERFECT SHOTS ....

THE game is missing alot of animations that simulate imperfection,

another reason manual is useless except for head to head play, THE CPU sprints ALL game. never NEVER NEVER do they walk or stop the ball, countless times i have held the ball allowing players to make runs NOT the cpu they SPRINT on ahead because the game is programmed to have our AI retreat and not press, so while WE play real football the cpu plays TRASH football

why if i give a team a 1 in build up speed are they sprinting. they should be standing playing the ball around for minutes before even approaching the half way line. NOT FIFA

i will end on this note, how can a football game not have AI that can:

STAND STILL WITH THE BALL

WALK

you put on any league game even MLS dudes know to keep possession you slow down and hold the ball

c'mon EA

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 10-12-2009, 05:24 AM   #133
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
i read through these pages and i really want to play video game football but i realize fifa is not football....

people bash assisted and say play all manual well, i say this to you folks why should i when the cpu WON'T.... I can play all manual where every pass is cautious and requires concentration but on the other side of the ball the cpu has, the golden touch, they trap the ball god like and sprint on goal at top speed in nano seconds...

when you look at the ratings in this game you realize why this game is pure crap, rooney has a 88 short passing, berbatov has 80 plus as well, my god they are mid fielders and damn good ones too with ratings like those, since the game has no pass speed rating they can play balls like xavi with each touch,

so while i play the ball back and set up plays the cpu takes full advantage of those ratings playing dagger balls with ease with rio ferdanand and his 80+ short pass rating....

why should house rules apply to the human and the cpu has infinite ability. the cpu has 2 options for goal strikes HIGH and ON TARGET... they never get weak shots or sliced shots they get PERFECT SHOTS ....

THE game is missing alot of animations that simulate imperfection,

another reason manual is useless except for head to head play, THE CPU sprints ALL game. never NEVER NEVER do they walk or stop the ball, countless times i have held the ball allowing players to make runs NOT the cpu they SPRINT on ahead because the game is programmed to have our AI retreat and not press, so while WE play real football the cpu plays TRASH football

why if i give a team a 1 in build up speed are they sprinting. they should be standing playing the ball around for minutes before even approaching the half way line. NOT FIFA

i will end on this note, how can a football game not have AI that can:

STAND STILL WITH THE BALL

WALK

you put on any league game even MLS dudes know to keep possession you slow down and hold the ball

c'mon EA
wait a sec... is this murkurial? just kidding...
Old 10-12-2009, 05:38 AM   #134
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murkurial
Is that what most people get out of FIFA 10 though. Just random exhibition matches against friends on the same console or the CPU?

As I've seen from the demo, and as I've heard from people who have the game, the AI still doesn't take shots when they're supposed to, on the higher difficulty settings they still press like monsters, and it's still too easy (even moreso than 09) to get knocked off the ball with a smaller midfielder instead of turning on a defender quickly and getting the foul.
update...

this game is not perfect and i am not saying its a sim, just relaying some more impressions. 8 more days for you lads (and hopefully a patch for us!)...

i have not played enough matches to come to ultimate conclusions, but will pass on some insights that pertain to specific questions.

variety of shots...
i have started a Barca MM because waiting to take my gooners to the top, post patch. besides, i wanted multiple games with messi, xavi, ineista. my first league match was REAL at the Bernabeu (named something else in MM, but its the SB). now, granted its REAL, but these guys were blasting shots from all over. xabi and kaka were blasting them from way out. none connected, but a lot of "o lala" moments. also, i know the CPU AI is messed up, but they made some intersting changes for the match in the line up. REAL runs a 4-2-2-1-1. usually with benzema up front. well, this time they brought in guti at the LAM, dropped Raul (ouch!), added vad der walt to RAM, dropped kaka back to RDM, and MOVED C Ronaldo to ST, moving benzema to CF... pretty interesting and Ronaldo gave me fits going for headers. but ronaldo didnt take free kicks (are you kidding me!). subs were Raul and RVN. ended 1-1.

quick turns...
murk, i am keen for you to get this and tell me what you think. now this was with iniesta, but i was doing quick turns all day, getting fouls and creating space... these were just regular dribbling (no spring, skill or L2), but the dribble system feels great. interstingly, messi got a lot more fouls (talking over 5 to 6) but it seems its because he is not as strong as xavi.iniesta, so would go down easier.

once again, i am not on all manual. i do semi for everything except through (auto) and lob (auto)... but semi passing is much better.

i am afraid the CPU still seems to have pinpoint passing for the most part...

Last edited by southernbelle; 10-12-2009 at 05:40 AM.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:50 PM   #135
MVP

OVR: 14

I like the way CPU players "pro-actively" (as the FIFA 10 trailer claims) try to block shots / get their body in the way of shots...Exhibit A:

The Kiwi player anticipated a low drive from his Trans-Tasman rival, and kinda slid across to prevent the shot on goal. But unfortunately for him, Bresciano's shot had enough elevation to clear his block attempt and the ball nestled into the bottom right corner to seal the win for Australia!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2009, 08:45 PM   #136
Rookie

Mad 69's Arena

OVR: 10

I wasn't planning on getting this game, but EA sent me a promo code for my birthday - not sure why, my b-day was 6 months ago, but I used the code at the EA store and got the game for $44, not bad and shipping is free.

Not sure if the code could be used more than once, I'll give to some if they want to try, better than giving Gameslop $65.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »