Home

FIFA 10 MANAGER MODE Progress thread

This is a discussion on FIFA 10 MANAGER MODE Progress thread within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2009, 10:03 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: FIFA 10 MANAGER MODE Progress thread

just finished year 1 with Leeds, and won the English cup as well as the league title (by about 6 points or something) to get promoted to the championship. new goals are to go far in the couple cups I will be in and to avoid relegation.
simmed the friendlys while concentrating on transfers (and got absolutely smacked in the process), and was able to land a handfull of players rated in the 70s to start to sure up my squad to compete in everything. there was one defender that was rated 82, had no other offers, and I failed to sign him. got his desire rating up to 79% with a hefty salary, offered his team over 200k more than market value, and every week it failed...and it never said why in the negotiation recap. anybody else get this lack of message? pain in the butt.

I am playing a 4-4-2, and I want to have 10 solid guys for DEF and MID, then 5 strikers and 3 decent goalie options to make sure I can rotate and keep everyone fresh without sacrificing too much skill. I am a few guys short of this...and then the board tells me I cannot move any more players "to not disrupt the core". I can sign guys, but can't trim the fat...which in turn will kill my finances (well a little bit anyway). so that sucks. now I have to hope my scout can fill the voids a little bit better than last season. first 2 guys he came back with were near 70, then I paid to "upgrade" and got 3 guys in the 50s...WTF? freaking idiot...

oh...and how annoying is it to not be able to simply type in your salary offer in the negotiation screen? on psp you can, but on ps3 I have to wait for a minute while it slowly scrolls up. I am not missing something to speed up that process am I?
Old 11-11-2009, 10:10 AM   #58
All Star

OVR: 20

Got fired from AS Roma after leading Serie A for most of the first half of the season. I got screwed because they wanted me to get to the semi-finals of the Cup and I was matched up with Inter in the first round. That killed the board's confidence in me and after playing mediocre for the next few games, I'm sacked. Guess I'll start up with someone in La Liga or Ligue 1 while I wait for the roster update.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:25 AM   #59
Rookie

just palyed my forst english cup match...won it. then my reputation went down?!? the msg was something to the effect of "this league is below your standards and you are not performing well"
huh? it just doesn't make sense. I won in penalties, but a W is a W I thought...at least as far as cup play goes.

I mean, I won the match!?! and I am #2 in the regular table after like 8 matches (and the goal is simply not to be relegated) so that couldn't possibly (or could it?) be the reason

and I frequently get the msg of "you are showing the established managers how it is done" so...hmmmm
Old 11-12-2009, 01:58 PM   #60
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
Got fired from AS Roma after leading Serie A for most of the first half of the season. I got screwed because they wanted me to get to the semi-finals of the Cup and I was matched up with Inter in the first round. That killed the board's confidence in me and after playing mediocre for the next few games, I'm sacked. Guess I'll start up with someone in La Liga or Ligue 1 while I wait for the roster update.
That's who I will start up with.

Were you seeing a difference in how the clubs played
Old 11-12-2009, 04:03 PM   #61
Rookie

Merih's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
So, I just got fired from Celtic...17 wins, 3 losses, 6 draws...fired haha.

Off to Exeter City...apparently the point of this mode is to start at the bottom or you have to be in 1st place of your league every second of every day or you get fired.
I'm at Exeter as well! They have great kits...love the black one.

I freaking love this game. I've had the past two days off of work and school and have been playing it religiously.

The great fun in it is starting with garbage teams in manager mode. I started off with the Columbus Crew and after a half season of injuries and missing on signing some players, I was given the boot. I am now in England coaching Exeter, which is in the 3rd division (Coca-Cola 2nd League). After a rough start the executive board wrote me a letter stating that they still trust in me but their patience is wearing thin.

Since then the squad has responded by winning 4 out of 6 contests, with 1 L and 1 Draw. We are now around 5th in the league, avoiding relegation. I guess I'll be sticking around here for a while at Exeter. I don't mind the kits are great. I'm a little timid to move up to a higher club if I get an offer however. I don't know if I want to take Exeter up a division or bolt when I get the chance. I have some great scouted prospects I want to keep.

EDIT:

And I forgot the best part. I had a weird friendly against Barca...and won it! They rested their starters and I was in great form...took a quick 2-0 lead. They put Messi and Ibrahimovich back in in the 75th minute and responded with a quick goal...but my GK played superhero stopping 2 crucial last chances for the 2-1 win!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2009, 02:25 AM   #62
Rookie

About to begin Year 4 as Bradford City's Manager, and it seems just like yesterday that I signed on and made the shocking contract with USA Soccer to become their official Club sponsored squad, with the sole goal of developing young american prospects. The local fans rioted, and rarily attended matches, and when they did, the songs were...not polite. But, oh how the songs and chants have changed since then...

The first year saw Bradford dominate League 2. The second year saw their first ever English Cup victory, and their first FA Cup Championship in exactly 100 years, as well as another league victory! Year 3 began with another surprise victory over Chelsea for the Community Shield, and an insertion in the EFA Cup. The cup runs were lacking in year 3 (1st round loss in the English League Cup, 4th round loss in the FA cup). The competition was definitly a lot higher in league play and stamina loss was definitly an issue that led to a few losses. However, the now veteran american squad still managed to clinch a spot in the Premier League with 3 games left! The EFA cup run ended in the Quarter Finals to Twente(dominated the 1st leg at home 4-2, then choked on a final goal in the 2nd leg that had to them winning 3-1...ugh). Year 3 also saw a change in tactics, switching to a my goofy version of the 3-5-2 with a strong emphasis on defense/counter attacking.

So Entering the Permier League on 3 straight promotions, I had to add some big names to the squad. My first signings outside of scouting as well...

CB Chad Marshall age 27 overall 79
RB Jonathan Spector age 26 overall 79
CM Michael Bradley age 25 overall 84 "finally had enough money
ST Jozy Altidore age 22 overall 81 *Hull City was demoted, so that probably made it easier to acquire him finally

Starting Lineup (age/overall/original overall)
GK Chris Seitz age 25 overall 73/66
RCB Omar Gonzalez age 23 overall 70/64
LCB Chad Marshall age 27 overall 79
LB Jonathan Spector age 26 overall 79
CDM Leonard Diskerud age 22 overall 69 *scout signing in year 3*
RM Eddie Gaven age 25 overall 70/67
CAM Michael Bradley age 25 overall 84
LM Robbie Rogers age 25 overall 73/68
CM Danny Szetela age 25 overall 71/65
CF Jozy Altidore age 22 overall 81
RF Chris Pontius age 24 overall 71/64

Reserves
CB Eric Brunner age 26 overall 68/64
ST Fuad Ibrahim age 21 overall 63/59
ST Gregg Hernandez age 21 overall 69 *scout signing in year 2*
GK Bill Hamid age 21 overall 63/57
CM Brad Evans age 26 overall 69/65
CM Sam Cronin age 25 overall 69/64
CB Samuel Leathers age 19 overall 63 *scout signing in year 2*
RB Clyde Perkins age 19 overall 63 *scout signing in year 2*
CB Kyle Davies age 23 overall 62/60
RB AJ De la Garza age 24 overall 65/61
GK Josh Lambo age 21 overall 65/60
LM Brek Shea age 22 overall 67/62
CM Matt Flores age 21 overall 62 *scout signing in year 3*
CB Darius Barnes age 25 overall 66/63
LB Anthony Wallace age 23 overall 61/59
CM Dax McCarty age 25 overall 67/64
LM Corey Ashe age 26 overall 64/62
RB Tim Ward age 25 overall 65/65*yes i started him for 2 seasons, and he STAYED at 65 the entire time!*

Kind of disappointed with progression as a whole. Ibrahim for example led my team in goals every season only to jump 4 points?! The ability to target countries in scouting needs to be an option! If i was signing all the "best scouted" players, my team would be nothing but 5'8'' Brazillians lol.

This game is soooo addictive to me, cuz i have no soccer affiliation, and for a game to take this long and still not be at the top of the mountain is awesome. i've played ALL the games, and haven't simmed anything and am still coming back for me...that is incredible!
Old 11-13-2009, 11:11 PM   #63
Rookie

Anybody know how I can pick the default formations of OTHER teams? Say for example Im playing with USA but wanted to use SPAIN's default formation. How can I do this?
Old 11-14-2009, 01:42 PM   #64
Y.N.W.A

Rexis's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Juice
Anybody know how I can pick the default formations of OTHER teams? Say for example Im playing with USA but wanted to use SPAIN's default formation. How can I do this?
go start a match with spain and save their default formation as a custom formation
i did it with the England formation and tatics last year

LiverpoolFC Atlanta Falcons Atlanta Hawks Atlanta Braves Kobe Bryant

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »