Home

Squad Update? (Nov 15th)

This is a discussion on Squad Update? (Nov 15th) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2009, 09:46 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Squad Update? (Nov 15th)

I'm so glad that i stumbled upon this last night. Now I don't have to manually lower the defensive pressure of several teams. That was my biggest problem with the original tactics, now the game plays more like actual soccer.

Now if EA would do something about that ridiculous 2 billion in debt glitch I would be content.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:41 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 8

I am still interested in your opinions ...

Are these revised CTTs enough?

I do NOT need to build the ten generic CTTs and distribute them?

Is the consensus that we are happy with these adjustments?

- - - -

Also, just checking to be sure, any adjustments that I make to the stadiums (names, assignments) will need to be explicitly saved as part of the "squad" file. Is that correct?
Old 11-16-2009, 10:50 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
I am still interested in your opinions ...

Are these revised CTTs enough?

I do NOT need to build the ten generic CTTs and distribute them?

Is the consensus that we are happy with these adjustments?

- - - -

Also, just checking to be sure, any adjustments that I make to the stadiums (names, assignments) will need to be explicitly saved as part of the "squad" file. Is that correct?

You may wish to fine tune a few teams, but distributing generic template tactics is unnecessary. I myself am happy with these adjustments.

Yes, any changes to stadiums must be saved under squads.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2009, 05:49 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by room112
What's weird is that none of the forums/blogs I usually check (FIFASoccerBlog, Sweetpatch, EA Forums, etc.) don't make any mention of this, especially in light of the fact that it was one of the more urgent issues raised by the community regarding MM post-patch. Has anyone seen/read anything yet?
Same here. I was actually relying on FIFASoccerBlog to let me know when they were ready. Have been checking daily and no word on this update what-so-ever. Nothing at the EA Forums either. You'd think with all the stick they are getting all the time from some very vocal people that they would have at least said that the tactics fix was out. Looking forward to my MM career with Chelsea now!!
Old 11-18-2009, 06:50 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

It is still possible that this is not "the" tactics update. Another, more in depth, update may be coming. Otherwise the tactics update came a whole 2 weeks or so ahead of time. If I'm not mistaken last week the word was that it would take 3 more weeks to get it out.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:45 AM   #14
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if this is maybe just a "work in progress" update. I would think EA will probably make some kind of noise when it is eventually released.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:21 AM   #15
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

The thought crossed my mind, but I don't see any other reason for the update. For example, Robert Enke is still on Hannover. There may be a SLIM possibility that this was put out to simply get rid of the "all 70s" teams with plans on making more changes for the post-transer window squad update, but I wouldn't hold your breath.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2009, 01:03 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

What I am thinking more and more is that originally EA was going to do a comprehensive squad update, but then squashed that idea in favor of working on their world cup game. So they then, as said above, simply corrected the all 70s issue and made a few tweaks and put it out.

Regardless, I'm happy with this update. All I honestly cared about was the all 70s and the unrealistically high defensive pressure. I do not know enough about all the squads in the world to gauge what is accurate or not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »