Home

FIFA 11 Career/Manager Mode Discussion and Impressions

This is a discussion on FIFA 11 Career/Manager Mode Discussion and Impressions within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2010, 01:27 PM   #25
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Is Manager Mode better or worse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad 69
Are you guys seeing realistic substitutions by opposing clubs, the last few years you had managers bringing in defenders when they're down by 2 goals late in the game instead of forwards. Has this been fixed?
Have to double check but I think it is still the same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2010, 01:35 PM   #26
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
Arsenal is running a 4-2-3-1 this year. Squillaci is not the starter, Koscielny is and the game has that right. Wilshere is insanely low though at 63.
Wilshere is rated at 75 as a base setting.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:42 PM   #27
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUglyOrgan
Wilshere is rated at 75 as a base setting.
This is good to know. I don't know why I thought he was 63...maybe it was when I put him into the holding midfielder role. What's the general strategy for lineups and formations for my fellow Arsenal fans?
Old 09-29-2010, 01:48 PM   #28
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
This is good to know. I don't know why I thought he was 63...maybe it was when I put him into the holding midfielder role. What's the general strategy for lineups and formations for my fellow Arsenal fans?
I'm honestly still playing around with my formation. After not scoring a goal for three games in the league.

I'm going to be posting what I have in the tactics thread, though.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:00 PM   #29
Rookie

Slinky O's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Honestly, that makes more sense because scouting in past FIFA's was not realistic at all.

You could send out your Lvl. 8-10 scout and he would return with some 18-21yd old kid who was ~78OVR with no club affiliation. Really? There are good 18-21yr old's like that who aren't signed?

If you're a top club the scout should raid other teams for talent and if you're a bottom league side you should be relying on the youth system/loans.
yeah, I agree. I hate having no name face players that have ridiculous overall ratings that no other club has signed already. I'd much rather have to pick up and develop the talent from low overall ratings since they shouldn't be ready to play yet.
Whoever you may be
'Cos we are the famous CFC
Old 09-29-2010, 04:41 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Honestly, that makes more sense because scouting in past FIFA's was not realistic at all.

You could send out your Lvl. 8-10 scout and he would return with some 18-21yd old kid who was ~78OVR with no club affiliation. Really? There are good 18-21yr old's like that who aren't signed?

If you're a top club the scout should raid other teams for talent and if you're a bottom league side you should be relying on the youth system/loans.
Agreed, but they could of fixed it instead of removing it completely. Watch them bring it back next year and call it a new feature.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:28 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1

helping my buddy build a FC Dallas franchise in FIFA10 Manager mode (then eventually being hired away by Real Madrid) is the sole reason i bought this years version on release date.

and so far, im digging the improvements. a lot of it seems to run a bit smoother and the design of it has a very NCAA football feel to it ... and thats a good thing imo.

question:
i created a player via the Creation Centre and placed him on my team via transfers. however, i didnt pay much attention to his gear...

so i changed his accessories and re-downloaded him... but he's still showing up with his old gear.

is there any way to show these appearance updates in manager mode?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2010, 05:47 PM   #32
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dope1ne
Agreed, but they could of fixed it instead of removing it completely. Watch them bring it back next year and call it a new feature.
I know it will add a ton of matches to the season but some folks (myself included) would love to play youth and/or reserve matches.

Would be a lot of fun to watch someone develop from a young lad. Too bad they shortened MM to 15 yrs now although that would still take a ton of time to play out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »