Home

FIFA 11 Career/Manager Mode Discussion and Impressions

This is a discussion on FIFA 11 Career/Manager Mode Discussion and Impressions within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2010, 08:42 PM   #33
Rookie

cheesesteak's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Is Manager Mode better or worse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerazevedo
Bad:
1) WHERE THE BALLS IS SCOUTING? I mean, I know FIFA will never be as in depth as Football Manager (which is incredible btw). But there is literally no way to find new youth. I have only made it half way through 1 season at Arsenal, so I don't know if there is some extra stuff after the season is over. If no new youth players come into the game, then I'm taking it back, simple as that. I don't want to play manager mode and get 10 years into the future and have the youngest player in the game be 27...that is absolutely ********.
Can someone confirm if this is the case? Anyone like 5+ years deep in their Career Mode?

And i'm w/ ya 100%, Tyler. WTF was EA thinking...if at all.
Oregon State Beavers
Gonzaga Bulldogs
Old 09-29-2010, 09:29 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 5

i wish they had not taken out the assistant manager and i hate the fact that they took out the form recognizer element
Old 09-29-2010, 11:05 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 8

What is the "form recognizer element"?

I would say I am someone who really gets into the nuances of manager mode.

Am I going to be sad about career mode in FIFA11?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2010, 01:11 AM   #36
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak
Can someone confirm if this is the case? Anyone like 5+ years deep in their Career Mode?

And i'm w/ ya 100%, Tyler. WTF was EA thinking...if at all.
Usually, the game generates new players that fall in the various age ranges. I highly doubt they would remove that.

The only thing the change to scouting did was what KG mentioned in terms of finding unsigned young players. It instead scouts and suggests players from other clubs.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:41 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
What is the "form recognizer element"?

I would say I am someone who really gets into the nuances of manager mode.

Am I going to be sad about career mode in FIFA11?
Last year you would see a orange colored arrow that pointed down or the the green pointing up next to the player ratings in the team management/squad section. I miss the assistant manager it helped refresh the squad n help select teams for certain games if u forgot to rest players
Old 09-30-2010, 08:22 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2

I can confirm that young players are definitely being put into the game every year. Beginning of year 2, there were 39 17 year olds. Year 3, 35 17 year olds. Year 4, over 50 17 year olds. The best of them were in the low 70's overall. A 74 CB was the best I believe. They were all under contract by other clubs so you would have to buy them.

Free agency seemed to get a little better. In the first year, no one was over 59 except one guy who had a 65 but was in his 30's. By the 4th year, there were a few free agents in the low 70's and 7 free agents over 60 overall. None of them were aged 17-21 though so they were probably dropped from clubs. Ages ranged from 23-32.

At the beginning of year four on my Wycombe Wanderers Club (now in League 1), I hadn't received any new players. I had the exact same players since year 1. I'm hoping that because I simmed all the seasons that I just missed an email saying, "you have a young player on the youth squad, do you want to bring him up?". If you sim, you don't get a chance to respond to those emails (if they exist).

So I'm satisfied that youth is continually injected into Career Mode but it's looking quite a bit more difficult to take a low level team up through the ranks. In Fifa 10, I was able to take Hereford (League 2) up to the Premier League in 4 years and win the Champions League in 6 years. Without the infusion of good young talent through scouting and extra money from sponsors (and selling those scouted players for profit), it could easily take 12-15 years. Cutting it a bit short for a max 15 season game mode.

One interesting thing was that my reputation went up really fast. I was a 5 star manager in the 3rd season (even though I just reached League 1). However, I was only offered a few new jobs every year (2-3) and none of them were higher than League 1. Also, none were outside of England. More realistic I guess but not much of a chance to switch jobs if that's what I wanted to do.

Last edited by Mekias; 09-30-2010 at 08:28 AM.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:33 AM   #39
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaxican8504
Usually, the game generates new players that fall in the various age ranges. I highly doubt they would remove that.

The only thing the change to scouting did was what KG mentioned in terms of finding unsigned young players. It instead scouts and suggests players from other clubs.
Where do these newly generated players go once they're created? Do teams have youth systems like back in '07, or do they all just become free agents?

Also, I'm going to have to agree with some of you guys on the scouting thing. It was unrealistic and complete b.s. in the last few version that I played. I wanted to use it, but the results were so silly that I didn't even want to use that aspect of the game.

I once sent out my scout, who was rated like 6 or 7, and he returned in a matter of days with some 18 yr. old GK with who was already at least 82 overall. Yeah, OK... I suppose he was just kicking the 'ol football around down at the local YMCA or something. What Luck!

Anyways, It would have been great if they had introduced a new, reworked scouting system, but I certainly don't have any problem with them scrapping the old one. As long as I have a somewhat realistic means of finding young talent, I'll be happy.

Last edited by Jgainsey; 09-30-2010 at 08:37 AM.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:43 AM   #40
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16

can we rename this and sticky it?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »