Home

Please help -- Why is it so hard to score?

This is a discussion on Please help -- Why is it so hard to score? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2011, 08:58 PM   #1
Pro

Bballplaya72's Arena

OVR: 9
Please help -- Why is it so hard to score?

I would like any advice any of you would be willing to give me.

I love this game. I've been playing Fifa for awhile now, but have bought every game the last few years. I am an average player, I play on Pro difficulty.

I know the ins-and-outs of soccer, and overall I feel I have a pretty good feel for the pitch.

However my problem is I can't seem to score goals. I have a career right now with Real Madrid and when I play on Semi-Pro I literally win games 9-1 or some ridiculous scores like that. That is extremely boring, but then I bump it up to Pro and I can't beat teams that are ranked like 10 points lower than me. The last game I played I had 13 shots on goal, and 9 of them were on target. Not a single one found the net.

Any help? I use finesse and LT for my shots, unless I'm on a breakaway, but even then the goalies charge and block my attempt.

There is no happy medium. I score 10 goals on Semi-Pro and then literally can't score a single goal on Pro. It's like that for two-player as well. My friend and I played 3 matches with one goal in them combined. I wish there was a goalie slider.

Any help please on scoring?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2011, 09:34 PM   #2
Pro

JimmyDeicide's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Please help -- Why is it so hard to score?

What shooting settings are you using?
Manual id say thats about right its easy to hit the target but really hard to pick the corners.
If you using assisted that may be your problem try Semi assisted you shouldnt have any trouble with finesse shots on semi.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:58 PM   #3
Pro

Bballplaya72's Arena

OVR: 9

Alright thanks I'll give semi-assisted a try and see how it goes.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:15 PM   #4
Rookie

beast30's Arena

OVR: 0

I have the exact same problem. Pro is so hard to score on. Even though i execute good offensive tactics and get some guys in space, I'll get closed on way too fast and easily get tackled. Most of my goals are from counter attacks when i steal the ball on the opponents side of the field and have a break away. So damn frustrating to only score this way.

FIFA 12 needs gameplay sliders to fix this
Old 01-30-2011, 04:20 PM   #5
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

This is what I've been struggling with, too. I'm going to try assisted aim to see if that helps a bit.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2011, 01:12 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I was having the same problem, which was really frustrating after playing some FIFA World Cup last summer and having some decent success.

I got fired from my first Manager mode team, and was struggling with my 2nd team before things started to click for me. It was agonizingly frustrating because I'd be really close to scoring a lot of times but end up losing the game because I'd give up a quick counter strike goal.

I'm not sure if it came from practice or what, but I played about 20 games before I started scoring goals more regularly on Pro. I think the biggest adjustment I made was that I didn't try to be perfect. I use through passes and lobs a lot more freely now in hopes of catching somebody making a great run, but if I don't connect then I try to get into position to at least play some defense. I also got better at passing back and forth between 2 players using the through ball to let them both run in stride.

I am still far from good at this game, but I can score at least 1 goal in 75+% of games now with a middle of the road MLS team, which seems realistic. I've even scored 3 goals a couple of times.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:48 PM   #7
Rookie

Buzzle's Arena

OVR: 2

I feel your pain, I used to have the same issues. However, after playing the game for months I am up to Legendary. You just have to get a feel for the game and over time you get better, just like everything else in life. I switched to Semi assisted and manual for a while and it was amazing when you put balls in the upper 90 away from the keeper, but those were few and far between so I switched back to assisted and haven't had any issues.

Keep at it.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:33 PM   #8
Rookie

nickaepi's Arena

OVR: 5

Semi-Shooting. Manual short passing, Manual lob passes. Semi-Crossing.
Try a team like Middlesborough in CareerMode (English League N-Power Champ.) They are a much better team than just about anyone else in that division.
You will get more time to setup plays, create space..try a 4-3-3 formation and hit some crosses to the penalty box (hit 0 or b button twice quickly to cross) and you should get some quality header chances in the box.

3DS- Bravely Default

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »