Home

Board Selling Players Without Permission?

This is a discussion on Board Selling Players Without Permission? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2011, 04:07 PM   #1
Rookie

TheArsenologist's Arena

OVR: 6
Board Selling Players Without Permission?

In my Arsenal CM, RVP inexplicably handed in a transfer request after two games (despite being my captain / leading goal scorer). The Board sent me a message saying "let's get this deal done before the deadline. Obviously, I have no desire to sell my top goal scorer / captain / one of my favorite players, so I turned down mega-offers from Madrid and Barca. Yet, on deadline day, even after I turned down every offer, RVP gets sold. The first time, it was to Man City. I backed out of my CM and went back in again and tried to advance past the deadline day. The next time, he was sold to Madrid.

Is anyone else experiencing this? If so, is there a workaround? I'm on 7 points through three games and really don't want to start over, but I also don't want to go forward with this CM without RVP. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2011, 05:46 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Board Selling Players Without Permission?

It is a intended feature. Sometimes the Board will make decisions and override yours.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:51 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've not seen this, probably because Blackpool has no quality players, but I must say, I'm impressed that this is in the game. It's a fair stroke of realism, to be fair.

Granted, I can understand why you might want to disable this feature. Out of curiosity, what skill level did you set your board to? I'm wondering if this has an effect on the situation.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:27 PM   #4
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

OVR: 22

WOW that would piss me off!! What kind of offers where you getting for RVP? I was able to sell Gervinho for 36 mil.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:44 PM   #5
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58
Although I understand your frustration, it's still pretty neat.

Sent from my HTC EVO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2011, 06:54 PM   #6
Rookie

TheArsenologist's Arena

OVR: 6

Board difficulty is world class. It's not like I need the cash, though; I sold Arshavin to Munich for £10 million and haven't spent money bringing in anyone else.

As for the offers, they were between £40 and 45 million. If I have to make a deal, I will take the money and make a mega bid to bring back Cesc in January.

I just wish there were a way to disable this feature (or at least have it target a more likely player).
Old 10-02-2011, 03:04 AM   #7
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

OVR: 22
You try and buy him back?
Old 10-02-2011, 03:16 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

I had this happen to me with RvP too, was not happy at all when it happened, they sold him to Madrid for something like 30m pounds (which was annoying having turned down around 45 for him before). The good thing was with the new striker in the squad, I was able to get Benzema for about 5m less than his value so I got a younger, similarly rated striker for about 10m. Would have preferred RvP though since he is my favourite on the team.

I like it & find it really cool but I can see it becoming tedious if it happens every year. Sold off Sagna too & tried to get rid of Rosicky & Diaby & now have a pretty solid team. Micah Richards (who I got in a Sagna swap), Mertersacker, Gary Cahill & Vermaelen, mids are Wilshire, Arteta & BAP, up from Gervinho/Arshavin, Benzema and Walcott are the top 11

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »