Home

Game Enjoyment

This is a discussion on Game Enjoyment within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2011, 06:35 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Game Enjoyment

i'm having great enjoyment with this game using the sliders posted here for single player and challenging friends with default settings. for me it is great, and even if konami gets one or other thing right that ea does not, overall pes 2012 is a joke compared to fifa.

i don't want to sound like a fanboy. the game has issues and you have pointed them correctly here, i agree with everything you guys said. i'm just saying that the issues are far from enough to spoil the game to me. modern games are too complex and i believe it's just impossible to have 100% perfect gameplay in a sports game. ai programming is very difficult to deal with.

i believe ea listens to their clients database indeed. this is what their forums are for, at least.

imo fifa 12 is the best football game ever, by a good margin. five years ago we would be completely amazed by way way less.

so the answer is "very high expectations" imo.

but don't shut up. good criticism is what brings evolution to the series.

Last edited by Gonira; 10-16-2011 at 06:40 AM.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:59 AM   #10
Rookie

MrKasoogi's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone
Yeah, all very familiar. The CPU pinpoint passing followed by yet another goal is easily fixed by raising the CPU pass error and shot error sliders. And I'll repeat the "easily fixed" part of that to emphasize that it's just a matter of two simple slider tweaks.

Lowering CPU speed and accel sliders will help with the CPU psychically spinning away and eluding tackles (and with the above issue). But the real problem there is CPU player agility ratings need to be lowered by 50%, which unfortunately is too much work for most people of course. The CPU uber-agility is maybe the most ridiculous aspect of FIFA this year. But this series and their NHL series has always been about over-the-top CPU play to satisfy the young thumb jockies, so it's no surprise. It's just too bad that us older folk who would prefer to see realistic, authentic gameplay have to suffer as a result.
I resent that. I'm 13 years old and want to see realistic, authentic gameplay in all the sports games I play. As for this game, it has obviously improved greatly over Fifa 11, especially with the addition of sliders. However, I still have an issue with the game which is that the CPU doesn't shoot. I'm playing on World Class with sliders of my own creation that have given me very realistic gameplay except for this. What usually happens is; the CPU gets the ball from me in their third, slowly works their way up with methodical passing to midfield, pass the ball to their fastest player who makes a run, then passes to a player in good shooting position...tension building for me...and the player doesn't shoot. He just doesn't shoot. He keeps on dribbling or passes to another player and eventually I tackle or intercept the ball. They've spent five minutes of clock time pressuring me heavily in my third, but I get out of it unscarred four-fifths of the time. The other one-fifth of the time the player shoots and misses, (which is something I can fix by lowering CPU shot error), creating a stat line of 2-3 shots, 1-2 on target, 0 goals. How can I tweak the game to make the CPU shoot more?
Old 10-16-2011, 09:13 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKasoogi
I resent that. I'm 13 years old and want to see realistic, authentic gameplay in all the sports games I play. How can I tweak the game to make the CPU shoot more?
Well then, you're one in a million kid.

To get the CPU to shoot, just go into their team tactics and raise shooting tactics while lowering passing. I just played a game where the CPU fired a ton of shots from way outside the box -- probably 65% of it's shots were from long range. Mind you, I also upped some CPU players' long shot ratings, so results may vary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2011, 09:19 AM   #12
Rookie

MrKasoogi's Arena

Quote:
To get the CPU to shoot, just go into their team tactics and raise shooting tactics while lowering passing. I just played a game where the CPU fired a ton of shots from way outside the box -- probably 65% of it's shots were from long range. Mind you, I also upped some CPU players' long shot ratings, so results may vary.
I'm assuming there's no way of doing it if I've already started career mode.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:30 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
I'm assuming there's no way of doing it if I've already started career mode.
Hoo boy, probably not. You have to be able to access CPU teams' lineups, tactics, etc.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:34 AM   #14
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

I am really only playing UT right now because I do enjoy that. I applied CTT for the EPL and it helps but the amount of transfers in the 1st season kills CM for me so I will stick to UT.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:41 AM   #15
Rookie

MrKasoogi's Arena

Quote:
Hoo boy, probably not. You have to be able to access CPU teams' lineups, tactics, etc.
Yeah, that's what I thought. I have a limited amount of gaming time though, so I like to spend as much time as I can actually playing rather than tweaking options. I've already spent too much time doing transfers in my Chelsea MM so maybe I'll start another one as Bayern or Real with CTT's. Problem is, I'm guessing there is much more CTT's created for the EPL than the Bundesliga. If only I had the time to run three MM's with my three favorite clubs all with CTT's for the whole league.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2011, 01:16 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
I resent that. I'm 13 years old and want to see realistic, authentic gameplay in all the sports games I play. As for this game, it has obviously improved greatly over Fifa 11, especially with the addition of sliders. However, I still have an issue with the game which is that the CPU doesn't shoot. I'm playing on World Class with sliders of my own creation that have given me very realistic gameplay except for this. What usually happens is; the CPU gets the ball from me in their third, slowly works their way up with methodical passing to midfield, pass the ball to their fastest player who makes a run, then passes to a player in good shooting position...tension building for me...and the player doesn't shoot. He just doesn't shoot. He keeps on dribbling or passes to another player and eventually I tackle or intercept the ball. They've spent five minutes of clock time pressuring me heavily in my third, but I get out of it unscarred four-fifths of the time. The other one-fifth of the time the player shoots and misses, (which is something I can fix by lowering CPU shot error), creating a stat line of 2-3 shots, 1-2 on target, 0 goals. How can I tweak the game to make the CPU shoot more?
Wow! You are a well spoken 13 year old! I'm beyond impressed...guess the kids are gonna be alright afterall!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »