Home

Game Enjoyment

This is a discussion on Game Enjoyment within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2011, 02:21 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Game Enjoyment

mrkasoogi, you should try playing on legendary. ai is way more agressive than world class when trying to score. if you try and think is far too difficult, you can always dumb them down a bit using sliders.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:12 PM   #18
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Legendary level and drop the speed and acceleration for the CPU to 1 less than the USER setting. I'd recommend somewhere in the mid 40s. Anything lower and the sprints seems to be in slow motion and anything higher and they all cut back at unrealistic speeds.

The other key to get the CPU to vary their attack and getting them to shoot from the outside is switching back to Legacy Defending. Using TD is especially effective in helping to contain the CPU, but because your teammates are too passive and rarely move in for a tackle, it allows the CPU to sit back and pass around for 90 minutes.

If you switch back to LD and play off the ball, and intelligently use the 2nd defender press, you can actually force the CPU to get out of their comfort zone of pass pass pass and then go to the wing and have that FB or mid try to dribble around your back four into the box.

I am not using any crazy slider settings and/or CTT and I get a lot of different types of games and you can tell the difference between the elite teams and the minnows.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:53 PM   #19
Rookie

MrKasoogi's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonira
you should try playing on legendary. ai is way more agressive than world class when trying to score. if you try and think is far too difficult, you can always dumb them down a bit using sliders.
I just played Stoke City as Chelsea and Stoke didn't shoot once the whole match. I think it goes without saying that I'll be taking your advice. One thing I'm curious about though, do you think I should switch to manual shooting. I have passing and through balls at manual and crossing and shooting at semi. I'm connecting on the right amount of crosses, but in the Stoke match I had 12 shots on goal, 8 on target and never scored. It felt like all my shots were directly at the keeper. I tried manual in Fifa 11 but it was far too hard. Is it easier this year?
Old 10-16-2011, 04:16 PM   #20
Rookie

MrKasoogi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Legendary level and drop the speed and acceleration for the CPU to 1 less than the USER setting. I'd recommend somewhere in the mid 40s. Anything lower and the sprints seems to be in slow motion and anything higher and they all cut back at unrealistic speeds.

The other key to get the CPU to vary their attack and getting them to shoot from the outside is switching back to Legacy Defending. Using TD is especially effective in helping to contain the CPU, but because your teammates are too passive and rarely move in for a tackle, it allows the CPU to sit back and pass around for 90 minutes.

If you switch back to LD and play off the ball, and intelligently use the 2nd defender press, you can actually force the CPU to get out of their comfort zone of pass pass pass and then go to the wing and have that FB or mid try to dribble around your back four into the box.

I am not using any crazy slider settings and/or CTT and I get a lot of different types of games and you can tell the difference between the elite teams and the minnows.
I have CPU speed and acceleration at 45 right now. I really love TD so I don't want to switch back to LD, as a matter of fact I don't think I could if I tried. What I've been doing is putting user AI marking at 70 and CPU pass error at 55 and my teammates have been aggressive in tackling and CPU passing percentage is 75-85 depending on skill level. I think I will move up to Legendary and see how that goes without CTT's. If it's still not realistic, then I'll start a new MM.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:34 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKasoogi
I just played Stoke City as Chelsea and Stoke didn't shoot once the whole match. I think it goes without saying that I'll be taking your advice. One thing I'm curious about though, do you think I should switch to manual shooting. I have passing and through balls at manual and crossing and shooting at semi. I'm connecting on the right amount of crosses, but in the Stoke match I had 12 shots on goal, 8 on target and never scored. It felt like all my shots were directly at the keeper. I tried manual in Fifa 11 but it was far too hard. Is it easier this year?
in fifa 11 i couldn't even pass with manual controls. i think it's way easier to play manual this year, i'm using full manual controls and liking them. cross is a must, i hate semi crossing, it's too much scripted. i used only semi passing and shooting and manual for everything else until i got used to the game. now i'm commited to all manual and won't go back, i think you should try.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2011, 04:44 PM   #22
Rookie

MrKasoogi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonira
in fifa 11 i couldn't even pass with manual controls. i think it's way easier to play manual this year, i'm using full manual controls and liking them. cross is a must, i hate semi crossing, it's too much scripted. i used only semi passing and shooting and manual for everything else until i got used to the game. now i'm commited to all manual and won't go back, i think you should try.
I'm definitely going to be using manual shooting for my next MM match. As for the crossing, in Fifa 11 I couldn't even connect on a cross using semi, I had to do full assisted. I'm not great at semi crossing in Fifa 12 so I think I'll continue using it, but if it gets too easy I'll switch to manual.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:58 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKasoogi
I'm not great at semi crossing in Fifa 12 so I think I'll continue using it, but if it gets too easy I'll switch to manual.
Heh heh, just scored two goals today on crosses followed by headers, using all manual. Might be the first goals I've ever scored that way in FIFA, lol. (Not kidding or exaggerating.) Lowering CPU speed and accel sliders seems to also partially nerf the CPU's ability to go for jump balls. I play with those two sliders set at 44.

Last edited by peigone; 10-16-2011 at 05:01 PM.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:06 PM   #24
Banned

i never tried assisted crossing in fifa 12. for me it's waaaaay easier to connect a header on manual crossing than it is on semi. but i lowered the human pass error slider when i played manual and it does have a quite noticeable effect in crossing precision.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »