Home

MLS team in Italy: MM cash question

This is a discussion on MLS team in Italy: MM cash question within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2011, 09:24 PM   #9
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: MLS team in Italy: MM cash question

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural320
UPDATE!
just thought you guys might like to hear how this panned out. I ended up clinging to the Serie B title (by 2 points!), and I managed to have a few lucky bounces go my way and I actually held on for dear life on defense as I squeaked out the Coppa Italia cup vs Roma!

so...after going through the offseason (and not getting any notices), I started year 2 by staying with Philly (where they DID NOT mention the transfer budget on the contract screen. had 6 other offers, complete with financial info though, so that was interesting)...and TA-DAA! my transfer budget was $14.9 million!

so there that is! don't know if that is the new starting point, or if that was laden with bonuses. either way, rather than blowing it one just one player, I grabbed 4 players in the low to mid 70s to strengthen (hopefully) every part of the pitch (GK, RB, RM, and a ST). these four guys also earned a team rating increase from 3 to 3 1/2 stars. not a bad first year...
not bad at all. my dagenham team is up to npower championship. like you i also got a nice bump in my transfer budget to almost 15 mil, similiar to yours. im still building through scouting and have a stable of young stars.

im in the january xfer window and im debating doing similiar to what you have done and buying a few 70's overall players. im sitting #6 currently, but im having serious doubts i can hold onto that last playoff spot by the end of the season. my team is young, mostly under 20, and are in the mid 60's overall. i can buy a few players and loan out some, and probably hold onto one of the playoff spots and have a shot at premier league. im just not convinced i will be ready for it next year.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:57 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural320
oh crud I forgot exactly. it is somewhere during the setup of the MM itself, you swap your team with a team in the league you want to be in. it was easy IIRC...hopefully someone checks this out and replies, but I'll check it out later when I get a chance
that makes more sense, I thought you meant that you got the option to move your team to Italy after your CM had already started
Old 11-05-2011, 09:17 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeamg0dly
not bad at all. my dagenham team is up to npower championship. like you i also got a nice bump in my transfer budget to almost 15 mil, similiar to yours. im still building through scouting and have a stable of young stars.

im in the january xfer window and im debating doing similiar to what you have done and buying a few 70's overall players. im sitting #6 currently, but im having serious doubts i can hold onto that last playoff spot by the end of the season. my team is young, mostly under 20, and are in the mid 60's overall. i can buy a few players and loan out some, and probably hold onto one of the playoff spots and have a shot at premier league. im just not convinced i will be ready for it next year.
I did what your doing but with Oxford United, Got beat out of every cup in the 1st or second round (playing on legendary) but im in first place by 8 points of Npower 2 with 10 games left. Any tips or advice? i built my team mostly through loans, Free agents, and Budget realocation to keep getting loans.. Oh and my virtual pro who is up to like 78 in his first season
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2011, 10:34 PM   #12
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

yeah im also playing on legendary and with my created player. im up to 85 atm, i think i was around 80 when i started the career.

not much i can say, the first year was the hardest as far as budget, but i did well in league and fa cups getting to semi finals in each and getting money. my created player was pretty much a man amongst boys through npower 2 and 1. currently championship is giving me a real challenge though.

if i had to do it again, i would probably have bought some 70'sh overall players. my guys are young and tire very easily. its nice in a way because i can rotate them and get alot of playing time from my reserves, but it really becomes a pain late in the game and my guys are running on fumes. i give up alot of goals because of this.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:43 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

I was able to buy a few good players very cheaply though free agent screen. Got a goalie last name Smith who is a 77 overall worth 4.7 million for 2000 a week for 4 years lol. and also got a bunch of 62-67 free agents for my first season. Was able to creatively manage my budget allocation and get a few Loans as well for a few 67-69 players. Destroying the League so far (up only 8 points but am like 25-4-5) but i have like 100 goals scored vs 35 against (legendary all manual). Only problem is i feel cheated in Cup games, Like i advanced in the F.A cup to second round and Drew Chelsea. I played a great game and dominated but they kept getting these incredible bounces. Game was 1-1 late in second half and they just destroyed me down the stretch to take it 4-2. I felt very cheated though.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:49 PM   #14
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadeJAMESbosh
I was able to buy a few good players very cheaply though free agent screen. Got a goalie last name Smith who is a 77 overall worth 4.7 million for 2000 a week for 4 years lol. and also got a bunch of 62-67 free agents for my first season. Was able to creatively manage my budget allocation and get a few Loans as well for a few 67-69 players. Destroying the League so far (up only 8 points but am like 25-4-5) but i have like 100 goals scored vs 35 against (legendary all manual). Only problem is i feel cheated in Cup games, Like i advanced in the F.A cup to second round and Drew Chelsea. I played a great game and dominated but they kept getting these incredible bounces. Game was 1-1 late in second half and they just destroyed me down the stretch to take it 4-2. I felt very cheated though.
lol i had a pretty good draw through both fa and league cups. i got chelsea in fa and beat them the first game 2-0 in the snow, then lost 3-0 in the second game. in league cup i got arsenal in the finals if i remember correctly, was a great game i held the score to 1-1 till the 90th minute and i did a bonehead pass from my gk to their striker for the lost. been knocked out the past two years to man united in both cups.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:24 PM   #15
Rookie

mctrees02's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadeJAMESbosh
1. You need to tweak your AI if you're taking bad players and blowing teams away by a 3:1 goal advantage.
2. You need to tweak your AI if you are dominating Chelsea with players in the 60's that can barely turn their hips.
3. Make sure to give Smith a new contract before your first season ends or he'll be requesting a transfer in the summer.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »