Home

Do your players go to the ball? Ever?

This is a discussion on Do your players go to the ball? Ever? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2011, 02:36 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Do your players go to the ball? Ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMurda
deflections off the goalie and goal post, same exact thing. i take the shot with my guy im controlling of course, the cpu is swarming the deflection...my cpu guys are chilling flat footed instead of rushing in the right direction for the clean up.
A couple weeks back I was playing a game where I took a really bad shot from outside the CPU team's box. The ball would have been easily intercepted by one of the CPU defenders, except out of nowhere my CPU-controlled LS ran in front of the waiting defender and in one motion fired the ball it into the net! Don't remember ever seeing the CPU shoot and score for me in any football game.

On top of that, I've had many instances where CPU-controlled teammates have blocked shots and knocked balls down that would surely have gone in my goal. I'm actually pretty impressed with the AI in that regard.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:54 PM   #10
Pro

MMurda's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone
On top of that, I've had many instances where CPU-controlled teammates have blocked shots and knocked balls down that would surely have gone in my goal. I'm actually pretty impressed with the AI in that regard.
yea now that i have def seen and appreciate. in fact if it wasnt for the blocks id lose alot more. however, i wish they were like this in all areas of the pitch tho. enough of this "if it comes exactly to me ill get it, otherwise u can have it" mentality my guys are having.
----------------------
Madden Since '92
Old 12-14-2011, 11:36 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

I've found that hitting L2 + R2 on PS3 after switching lets me move the guy I just switched to. It could be just one button or the other and I've just been hitting both all this time unecessarily though. Half the time I forget to do it but it seems to "break" the computer control of the guy and let me take over when I do remember to do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-29-2012, 04:02 PM   #12
Rookie

FLaSwagg813's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffman
I've found that hitting L2 + R2 on PS3 after switching lets me move the guy I just switched to. It could be just one button or the other and I've just been hitting both all this time unecessarily though. Half the time I forget to do it but it seems to "break" the computer control of the guy and let me take over when I do remember to do it.
this is too much to do especially in attacking rebounds and tipped shots ... bad programming but the game is still addicting

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »