Home

How's your FIFA 13 career mode going?

This is a discussion on How's your FIFA 13 career mode going? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2013, 04:28 PM   #961
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How's your FIFA 13 career mode going?

Hey all -

First time poster here as I have enjoyed lurking around and reading about all of your career modes. Started a new manager mode a few weeks back and wanted to make it challenging while also having some money to fool around with. Ended up going with Rochdale in npower league 2 to try and move them up the ladder to their first ever Premier League appearance. I did use financial takeover (which I found out about from reading this board, so thanks for that!) and bought a bunch of 65-70 rated players to insert in my starting lineup. I also used a good chunk of my transfer budget on two scouts. Will post a more detailed update when I end the season (which should be in a week or two based on how much I play), but just wanted to check in to say hi.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2013, 09:28 AM   #962
Pro

NightmareBooster's Arena

OVR: 2

League: NPower League 2
Team: Bradford City
League Objective: Gain Promotion
Cup Objective: Round of 32

The season isn't over yet but there have been some developments. Although I've been doing well this season I've felt as if I should've been scoring more. I'm using the 4-4-2 but with James (corrected from Jason) Hanson as my 2nd ST I've essentially been using 4-4-1. That's right, I'm not even counting him even though he's on the field. Well, perhaps he felt like teaching me a lesson because he went and got himself injured for 4 weeks so now I'm stuck with using 18 y/o Adam Baker (55 OVR!) as my interim starter. His short pass, att pos, and dribbling are about the same as Hanson's. Interestingly enough, although his finishing and shot power are lower, his accel and sprint speed are higher, 72 and 76 respectively. What does this mean? This 55 OVR scrub has been able to beat defenders off the dribble and for though balls! In 3 games since starting him he's scored 1 goal but more importantly he's been able to spread out defenses, allowing more chances for Nahki Wells. Depending on how he performs over the next 4 weeks, Mr. Hanson may find himself riding the bench for the rest of his time at Brad City.

In other news I'm now into the Quarter Finals of the FA Cup after beating Newcastle 2-1, which I admit I'm surprised about. I'm not sure if their Euro League game a few days later had anything to do with their squad selection but they just weren't playing like they wanted to win. They weren't aggressive on either attack or defense, with their only goal coming off of a lucky deflection in the 70th min. Either way they're out and I play Spurs next, which I'm hoping will be a more challenging game.

I'm still 1st in league play with 22-9-2. Plymouth Argyle have had a bad run of form which has seen them slip to 3rd and in danger of losing their auto-promotion spot to Southend. I further solidifed my hold on the top spot in my most recent game beating Plymouth's 2nd place replacement, Wycombe, 2-0 in a game that was certainly more exciting than that Newcastle game. They created quite a few chances but my keeper ate his Wheaties that morning and was a saving machine. Up front Nahki Wells and Adam Baker did the scoring with Adam's goal coming from a reasonbly tight angle, WITH a defender riding him (I'm starting to get a better grasp of this manual shooting). I'm now ahead by 6 with 75 pts after 33 games with Wycombe having 69 pts after 35 games. With 13 games left to play I'm pretty confident that with my lead and my team playing well, promotion AND the league title are in the bag.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:58 AM   #963
MVP

moose141's Arena

OVR: 2

Got my play in the Euro League knockout stages underway, facing Dinamo Moscow in the Round of 32. Also, faced off with QPR in the FA Cup Round of 16. Tune in and enjoy!

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey
Old 05-03-2013, 02:22 PM   #964
Rookie

Kai Flame's Arena

OVR: 3

Team: Valencia
Position: RF
OVR: 81
Season: 5

Liga BBVA:

After the first half of the season, Valencia are in second (2nd) place, behind Barcelona, the only team to have beat us domestically so far is Real Madrid. We got our chance to close in on Barcelona who were five points ahead of us and secured a win against them, they are now a team that seems to be even scarier than ever, and this is the fifth (5th) year. I am leading the league with 6 assists so far.

Champions Cup:

In the group stage we found it hard for the first few matches before getting into gear and advancing the Borussia Dortmund, we are now up against Chelsea in the round of 16.

Spanish Cup:

Valencia have now advanced to the round of 16 and currently have one foot into the quarter finals.

More information will be given on the season when it is completed.

I am finding it extra hard to secure high match ratings, even when I score two goals or assists. It's very strange that I always end up with 6. something.

Valencia also seem to not feel anyways in letting me go before the season ends as I'm only in okay form, this means that they are accepting transfer requests from teams, so far I've gotten requests from Ajax and Lyon. I am not planning on leaving until this season is up however, after that I will contemplate about either staying with an aged squad or moving on with my career

Last edited by Kai Flame; 05-03-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:24 AM   #965
Just started!

started a new career mode with my beloved Chelsea FC , I signed Falcao for 30 mill + Ba and I also sold Fernando Torres for 13 million .... I used a 4-2-3-1 formation for my first season which saw me win the premier league and euro league , narrowly loosing out the man united in the fa cup final 2-1 , my team looked like this for my first 6 months in charge
------- cech ----------
Azpil -- terry -- Cahill -- cole
----- lamps ---- luiz ---------
Hazard --- mata --- Moses
------ Falcao --------
In the January transfer window I recalled courtois from loan and sold cech to Barcelona for 16 mill , I was badly in need of a new striker to back up falcao so I purchased emenike from spartak Moskva for 10.5 mill , I lined out in a 4-1-3-2 formation for the rest of the season
-------courtois-------
Azpil--terry--Cahill--cole
----------luiz-------------
Hazard---mata---Moses
---emenike--Falcao
I bossed the league winning by 12 points
1- Chelsea 95
2-city 83
3 united 80

Before I turned down an offer to manage barca I manged Chelsea to winning the euro league beating inter Milan 2-0
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2013, 04:19 PM   #966
Just started!

I made a new career mode with Bordeaux. In my first season, I qualified for the Champion's Cup. I'm midway through my second season.

Brkić

Koscielny----------Dedé----------Sakho

N'Guémo----------Sané

Grégory Sertic---------------Maurice-Belay

Jussiê

Gastón Ramírez----------van Wolfswinkel

I'm in third place right now.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:24 PM   #967
Just started!

Cool Re: How's your FIFA 13 career mode going?

well im with lfc in my 2nd season(came 2nd on goal differential in bpl) my team is

--------------Suarez---------------Sturridge----------
---------------------Coutinho CAM--------------------------
----------Gerrard LM------------------Sterling RM------------
------------------------Pogba CDM-----------------------------

Enrique LWB----------------------------------------Kelly RWB
------------------Hummels CB-----Kompany-------------------
--------------------------Lloris GK-------------------------------
Subs: Remy
Pepe Reina GK
Coates CB (absolute beast 6'6)
Benzia ST
Bender
Henderson
Allen
Old 05-06-2013, 01:15 PM   #968
Rookie

Team: Rochdale
League: nPower League 2
Goal: Achieve a high finish

Used financial takeover at the start of my first season and basically overturned the entire roster. Used most of the money to pick up some young, quality players (de Ceglie from Inter and Stancu from Barca), but saved enough to hire two highly-rated scouts. Also spent wisely on three or four free agent pick ups. Called up two youngsters (a CDM and a GK) but was not able to loan out either during the winter transfer window. Also used some of the budget to bring in some loanees (Nico Lopez from Roma and Ignasi Miquel from Arsenal). Was in a two-team race atop the table with Gillingham for most of the season, before pulling ahead for good at the end.

Some season highlights:
- Won the league and promoted to nPower League 1
- Won J. Paint Trophy over Walsall
- Won Manager of the Year award
- Awarded US international manager job (thanks EAS FC)
- B. Stancu led the nPower League 2 in goals with 18 on the season

Went through and made all the roster moves necessary heading into season two. Cut a lot of the dead weight that I wasn't able to offload via the transfer window in season one and called up 3-4 players from the youth academy. The best of the bunch is a 70 CB, but I am cautious to play him as he is only 5'5''. Also went out and signed Miquel from Arsenal after what I think was a very successful loan. Ended up paying $3m for him, which was half of my summer transfer budget. My goal from the board for season two is to get promoted. Having lots of fun with this so far and looking forward to a more competitive year in season two.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »