Home

How's your FIFA 13 career mode going?

This is a discussion on How's your FIFA 13 career mode going? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-29-2012, 11:18 AM   #457
Rookie

FSanchez12's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: How's your FIFA 13 career mode going?

Tapping on my Roman Catholic roots, I decided to start with Celtic to run along with my Player Career mode in Newcastle. I went right ahead and bought the Butland kid from Birmingham City. I also went out and got Macheda from Man U on loan (Who then went on to tear his ACL), as well as Nastasic from Man City. Played a few games and after two league wins, I went out and bought Julian Draxler from Schalke. After losing to Motherwall, I went off on Draxler's former team in the Champions Cup, upset Schalke, then won another league game before throwing in the towel on the night.

I have two more league games until my big match up against Manchester United. Trying to play off their huge upset of Real Madrid this year in group play, I believe if I do win that game, I will reward myself with the "purchase" of a billionaire owner. How much added funds will that give me for those who have tried it?
Old 12-29-2012, 11:20 AM   #458
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingTrav
Has anyone recieved an offer to manage Australia? International management doesn't really interest me otherwise.
I got an offer from Australia in my first season in the middle of November or December (I can't remember which).
Old 12-29-2012, 11:44 AM   #459
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

So the last FIFA I owned was the 2010 World Cup one (I think that was the year)... the last regular FIFA I owned was 2009...

Needless to say, I'm looking for any tips you guys have for Career mode. My knowledge of the professional soccer world is pretty limited (I usually only watch the World Cup, but I like soccer games, so I pick this up every few years), so any advice is welcome. I decided to start my coaching career in the MLS with Philadelphia just so you guys know.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 12-29-2012, 04:03 PM   #460
Rookie

kjking's Arena

OVR: 6

Sorry I havent updated in a while, but Ive been busy. OK, so Cardiff finished in 2nd last year, and we won the Europa Cup, as the game calls it, beating Benificia. Obviously, I didn't do to much tinkering, but I bought Gareth Bale for 30 million and Brek Shea. So here is my starting lineup

GK: Jack butland, 80 overall
RB: Joe Riley, 81 overall
RCB: Mats Hummels, 88 overall
LCB: Martin Malbranque, 87 overall
LB: Andrea Barbos Santos, 83 overall
RM: Richard Gunter, 80 overall
RCM: Sergi Roberto, 84 overall
LCM: Francesco Boniperti, 83 overall
LM: Gareth Bale, 90 overall
CAM: Aaron Ramsey, 83 overall
ST: Nicolo Miracoli, 84 overall

We beat Barcelona in the Copa Europa, and Germany is dominating its WC qualifying group. Oh and we are 2-0 in the Champions League
Old 12-29-2012, 07:09 PM   #461
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Started my career mode with Tottenham. I sold Vertonghen, and bought Jesus Navas from Sevilla. It is great having Lennon on the bench to bring in late in games when I need a speed boost and fresh legs.

I have it on Legendary, with manual passing, so it's pretty tough for me. I am in 11th place through 10 games. Although I just beat Liverpool 6-2 yesterday, Defoe had 4 goals!

Also have offers from Switzerland and Slovenia to coach their national teams.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2012, 07:20 PM   #462
Rookie

MrPromax's Arena

OVR: 3

currently playing with arsenal. sold giroud. bought lacina traore 6'8 striker with some pace. also bought wanyama 5 mil. and mariaga for 2.5 i think inter was looking to sell him. go get him as a cdm. he is a beast. i needed to get rid of walcott to get lacina but walcott didn't wanted to resign so i sold him. looking at getting ganso and biabianny. bia has 97 pace and i want to get the pace i lost from the selling of walcott. if you are looking for a decent striker on the cheap get one of the two strikers from Venezuela. solomon something and another with a very similar name and stats.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:50 PM   #463
Rookie

jjbreez90's Arena

OVR: 4

Finally got around to playing FIFA again and I have made it to the Mid-Season Transfer Window using Burton Albion... The top of the table currently looks like this...

1. Chesterfield 18-5-6 (22 GD) 59 Points
2. Rotherham Utd 18-5-6 (19 GD) 59 Points
3. Bradford City 17-4-8 (13 GD) 55 Points
--------------------------------------------------------
4. Rochdale 13-10-6 (11 GD) 49 Points
5. Gillingham 13-10-6 (9 GD) 49 Points
6. Wycombe 13-9-7 (12 GD) 48 Points
7. Burton Albion (ME) 13-8-8 (12 GD) 47 Points

The 12th Place team is currently at 40 Points, so I still don't have a whole ton of room for mistakes.

I have played 29 League Matches, here is how it has broke down so far...

First 10 Games - (5-2-3, +5 GD) - 17 Points
Middle 10 Games - (5-3-2, +7 GD) - 18 Points
Last 9 Games - (3-3-3, 0 GD) - 12 Points

I have fallen off the last 10 or so games I have played, but I have made it to the 4th Round of the F.A. Cup with a couple 1-0 upsets of teams in higher nPower Leagues. I snuck into 3rd at one point about ~20 games in but I have fallen off and lost a lot of ground to the top teams since then. Hopefully I can atleast make it into the Playoff... Need to sell some of my guys I am not using to give me a chance to go out and sign someone.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:21 AM   #464
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36

Mine is going pretty well as Toronto FC. In my first year, we lost the MLS Cup to Real Salt Lake in a heartbreaking shootout. We hit a rut to begin our second rear but we're currently just one win out of the 5th and final playoff spot on August 4th, 2013.

I've sold Hassli, O'Dea, and the like, for some budget space, because my board is the cheapest group of f**kers you will ever see. I've acquired Mattia Valoti on loan from AC Milan, Atiba Hutchison, and my most recent purchase Edgar Salli (who just won a game for me in the 90th minute, his second goal of the game- third in two games. Insanely good).

Some other core players on my roster that aren't youth players are guys like Stephen Frei, Doneil Henry, Asthone Morgan, Reggie Lambe, and Justin Braun.

Ernesto Carazo (70, RW), Kevin Peters (72, CM), Babayele Aird (70, RW), and Sergio Torres (65, GK) are the top graduates from my youth academy. The first 3 have potentials ranging from 86-90, whereas Torres has a potential of 91+. Marco Canini (59, GK) is my backup of the future, he could be a good backup ranging from 81-87, and Ollie Smalling (65, CB) could be a key piece of my defence.

Louis Hinds (60-64, GK) has 84-90 potential, and with Torres around, could fetch a good amount on the transfer market. My most intriguing youth players besides Hinds are Harry Lindfield, an attack with 76-92 potential, and Mikhail Grinkov, a defensive player with 70-88 potential.

I'm currently trying to get up to Level 13 (This is the first FIFA game I've really played in a while, just picked it up yesterday) so that I can get that rich billionaire takeover. I'd like to buy an elite scorer with my money, like an Alexandre Pato or a Kaka.

I honestly don't know much about soccer/football, and I'm pretty terrible at the game in general, but I've always loved building teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »