Home

How's your FIFA 13 career mode going?

This is a discussion on How's your FIFA 13 career mode going? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-14-2013, 11:31 PM   #769
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: How's your FIFA 13 career mode going?

Year Two Update

Team: Crystal Palace
Difficulty: Legendary
Board: Strict
League: Barclay's Premier League
Record: 4th (22-8-8, 74 points, +36)
Silverware: None.
Cups: Eliminated by Newcastle United in the fourth round of the Capital One Cup via penalty shootout and eliminated in the quarterfinals of the FA Cup by Middlesbrough in a replay.
Summer Transfers: Bought Matthew Phillips (LW, Blackpool), Rhys Bennett (CB, Rochdale), and Jurgen Locadia (ST, PSV). Sold David Wright (CDM, Ross County), Danny Gabbidon (CB, Hibernian), Antonio Pedroza (ST, Nott'm Forest), Kwesi Appiah (ST, Watford), and Miles Jedinak (CDM, Bolton). Loaned out Dean Parrett (ST) to Gillingham.
Winter Transfers: Sold Kagisho Dikgacoi (CDM, Fulham) and Damien Delaney (CB, Middlesbrough). Loaned out Liam Lowe (RW) to Bristol City.
Goal Scorers (all competitions): Locadia (20), Murray (13), Zaha/Williams (9), Phillips (7), Bolasie (6), De Silva (5), O'Keefe (4), Garvan/Gardner (3), Moritz/Wyke (2), six players (1).
Goalkeeping (clean sheets): Speroni (11), Price (1).

Manager Thoughts:

We took our first hit of the season before we even kicked the ball when our captain, Miles Jedinak, decided that he had gotten too big for the club and requested a transfer. He played a key role in our promotion and had been a good servant to the club, so we followed his wishes. His departure cleared the way for us to bring through one of the more talented players from our youth academy, 17-year old Oliver Gardner (CAM, 72 overall).

We didn't get a chance to get acclimated to life in the top flight, with three of our first five fixtures against some of the heavy hitters in the league (Tottenham, Chelsea, and Arsenal). We went 3-0-2 in that stretch, with us getting a shocking result at the Emirates.

We found ourselves spending most of the season in the top half of the table. I think that was largely due to the fact our star players were young enough in my first season to make large steps from a progression standpoint, which allowed us to be competitive right from the start.

We got mixed up in some tabloid drama midseason, with Zaha asking for a new contract. In order for us to accomplish that, we decided to sell two players that were no longer getting games for us. After signing Zaha to an extension and giving him a wage increase, Yannick Bolasie requested a new contract. unfortunately, we could not afford it. I got an angry email from the board, notifying me that Bolasie was unhappy and would be sold if we could not agree to a new contract. After requesting funds from the board and promising European qualification and a quarterfinal appearance in one of the domestic cups was enough to give Bolasie his extension.

With the quality of play much higher, we weren't able to overpower our opponents like we had in the Championship. We took a more realistic approach and chose to grind out results instead. Our goal production took a substantial hit, but we were getting the three points and that was all that mattered. With a month left in the season, we were in 3rd place with a chance to overtake Tottenham for 2nd. We lost and found ourselves in a race with Liverpool and Chelsea for the last two Champions League spots. A late draw with Liverpool and two losses to close out the season, all Chelsea needed to do was win on the last day and they would beat me out for the last CL spot on goal differential. Thankfully, Everton got a late equalizer and secured Champions League football for Crystal Palace.

Last edited by Blaxican8504; 02-15-2013 at 01:55 AM.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:27 AM   #770
Rookie

jacquito69's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaxican8504
Year Two Update

Team: Crystal Palace
Difficulty: Legendary
League: Barclay's Premier League
Record: 4th (22-8-8, 74 points, +36)
Silverware: None.
Cups: Eliminated by Newcastle United in the fourth round of the Capital One Cup via penalty shootout and eliminated in the quarterfinals of the FA Cup by Middlesbrough in a replay.
Summer Transfers: Bought Matthew Phillips (LW, Blackpool), Rhys Bennett (CB, Rochdale), and Jurgen Locadia (ST, PSV). Sold David Wright (CDM, Ross County), Danny Gabbidon (CB, Hibernian), Antonio Pedroza (ST, Nott'm Forest), Kwesi Appiah (ST, Watford), and Miles Jedinak (CDM, Bolton). Loaned out Dean Parrett (ST) to Gillingham.
Winter Transfers: Sold Kagisho Dikgacoi (CDM, Fulham) and Damien Delaney (CB, Middlesbrough). Loaned out Liam Lowe (RW) to Bristol City.
Goal Scorers (all competitions): Locadia (20), Murray (13), Zaha/Williams (9), Phillips (7), Bolasie (6), De Silva (5), O'Keefe (4), Garvan/Gardener (3), Moritz/Wyke (2), six players (1).
Goalkeeping (clean sheets): Speroni (11), Price (1).

Manager Thoughts:

We took our first hit of the season before we even kicked the ball when our captain, Miles Jedinak, decided that he had gotten too big for the club and requested a transfer. He played a key role in our promotion and had been a good servant to the club, so we followed his wishes. His departure cleared the way for us to bring through one of the more talented players from our youth academy, 17-year old Oliver Gardener (CAM, 72 overall).

We didn't get a chance to get acclimated to life in the top flight, with three of our first five fixtures against some of the heavy hitters in the league (Tottenham, Chelsea, and Arsenal). We went 3-0-2 in that stretch, with us getting a shocking result at the Emirates.

We found ourselves spending most of the season in the top half of the table. I think that was largely due to the fact our star players were young enough in my first season to make large steps from a progression standpoint, which allowed us to be competitive right from the start.

We got mixed up in some tabloid drama midseason, with Zaha asking for a new contract. In order for us to accomplish that, we decided to sell two players that were no longer getting games for us. After signing Zaha to an extension and giving him a wage increase, Yannick Bolasie requested a new contract. unfortunately, we could not afford it. I got an angry email from the board, notifying me that Bolasie was unhappy and would be sold if we could not agree to a new contract. After requesting funds from the board and promising European qualification and a quarterfinal appearance in one of the domestic cups was enough to give Bolasie his extension.

With the quality of play much higher, we weren't able to overpower our opponents like we had in the Championship. We took a more realistic approach and chose to grind out results instead. Our goal production took a substantial hit, but we were getting the three points and that was all that mattered. With a month left in the season, we were in 3rd place with a chance to overtake Tottenham for 2nd. We lost and found ourselves in a race with Liverpool and Chelsea for the last two Champions League spots. A late draw with Liverpool and two losses to close out the season, all Chelsea needed to do was win on the last day and they would beat me out for the last CL spot on goal differential. Thankfully, Everton got a late equalizer and secured Champions League football for Crystal Palace.

What was Jedinak's OVR when he left?
and what where the final standings at the top? I assume that tottenham stayed 2nd and Liverpool was 3rd, but who took it all and where did the other big teams and up behind Chelsea?

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Orlando Magic

USF Bulls

FC Bayern Muenchen
Old 02-15-2013, 01:58 AM   #771
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquito69
What was Jedinak's OVR when he left?
and what where the final standings at the top? I assume that tottenham stayed 2nd and Liverpool was 3rd, but who took it all and where did the other big teams and up behind Chelsea?
He was rated a 74. As for the standings, they ended up like this:

1. Manchester United
2. Tottenham
3. Liverpool
4. Crystal Palace
5. Chelsea
6. Arsenal
7. Everton
8. Manchester City
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2013, 03:04 AM   #772
Rookie

OVR: 1

Exciting, yet unnerving match coming up for my Sunderland boys. We are in the QTR Finals of the F.A. Cup with a manager objective to reach the semi-finals. Our opponent in the upcoming match is Manchester City, who we have faced off with twice during this campaign.

1st match: 1-2 Loss, I controlled the entire game but could not beat Joe Hart. I finally got the equalizer in the late stages but after quickly surrendered the winner.

2nd Match: 0-0 Draw, I set out to really control the possession in this match, and was quite successful in doing so. I kept the pressure off my backs and was relentless in the offensive area, but as in the first meeting, I could not put a blemish on Joe Hart's record.

So as you can probably guess, I am a bit worried coming into this match. My squad has been in good form, though has been unable to find a way to jump out early on City the way I feel we need to if we have any chance at victory. I will update you soon!
Old 02-15-2013, 11:52 AM   #773
BOOM!

gerg1234's Arena

OVR: 15

My Champions League Group looks like this:

Evian Thonon Gaillard
Spartak Moskova
1899 Hoffenheim
RSC Anderlecht

So I think I should be able to move on rather easily.

I played 1899 Hoffenheim at home last night. Adryan scored in the 8th minute for me to get a 1-0 lead. Then Hoffenheim took over.

For the rest of the half Hoffenheim went on a shooting spree. It took everything, and some amazing goal keeping, to keep them out of goal. They eventually broke through before the half to tie it a 1-1.

The second half was a little bit more back and forth. It hurt, but I was kind of playing for the tie. In the 90th minute they made a mistake and I was able to get Lucas Piazon behind the D and score a goal for the 2-1 win! I gave out the victory "YES!!!!" and the girlfriend looks at me from the kitchen and says "You can't be serious, you're playing a video game, settle down." Girlfriends just don't understand.
San Francisco Giants
Chicago Blackhawks
MLS: Portland Timbers
EPL: Liverpool FC
Old 02-15-2013, 02:49 PM   #774
Rookie

OVR: 1

Fantastic QTR Final match vs Manchester City. We (Sunderland AFC) were down 2-1 with 60+ minutes played and finally found the equalizer, when I was tackled in the penalty area and converted on the kick. In the 90th minute we got the ball on a counter attack and had a blocked shot bounce right over to my oncoming midfielder Larsson who beat the keeper for the the 3-2 victory!

This means I have met my domestic cup goal, as my objective was to reach the semi-finals (I was ousted in the Rd of 16 in the Capital One Cup).

A major factor in why I was able to pull off this upset was Joe Hart, City's world class GK, was injured. On to the Semi's!
Old 02-15-2013, 03:21 PM   #775
Just started!

OVR: 8

So I started a CM with Bayer 04.
Team: Bayern 04 Leverkusen
Difficulty: Professional
Bought:

Mattia De Sciglio(77) For $10M
Davide Santon(75) For $2.5M + Michal Kadlec
Sold:
Niklas Lomb(59)
Tobias Steffen(64)
Dominic Kohr(67)
David Yelldell(66)
Arkadiusz Milik(68)
Jens Hegeler(73) - I only sold him because I needed the money to sign Santon
Bundesliga Statistics:
Eint. Frankfurt (L 2-1)
SC Freiburg (W 2-0)
Borussia Dortmund (D 2-2)
Greuther Furth (W 4-0)
Borussis M'Gladbach (W 2-0)
VfB Stuggart (W 2-3)
Overall, I think it's going pretty well despite a slow start both on friendlies and the league. I still haven't faced frankfurt at the Deutscher Pokal. Also, Ribery and Ivanovic claim to be unsettled so I might take the chance if I get said money.
Squad:
Bernd Leno(80)
Mattia De Sciglio(77)
Phillipp Wollscheid(79)
Ömer Toprak(77)
Davide Santon(75)
Lars Bender(82)
Stefan Reinartz(78)
Sidney Sam(80)
André Schürrle(80)
Gonzalo Castro(79)
Stefan KieBling(80)
Bench:
Simon Rolfes(76)
Carvajal(75)
Daniel Schwaab(75)
Júnior Fernandes(75)
Hajime Hosogal(74)
Manuel Friedrich(73)
Karim Bellarabi(73)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2013, 03:41 PM   #776
MVP

moose141's Arena

OVR: 2

Getting into the meat of my second season with West Ham, out of the transfer window now. Games against Middlesbrough in the League Cup, Swansea and Stoke in the BPL, and GAIS in the Euro League.

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »