Home

How's your FIFA 13 career mode going?

This is a discussion on How's your FIFA 13 career mode going? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-09-2013, 02:00 PM   #745
Rookie

kjking's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: How's your FIFA 13 career mode going?

After a long, long while, I am back with my NY Red Bulls to Premier League Manager Mode! I moved the Red Bulls to the nPower championship and we finished 2nd. And then, in my second year we finished 10th in the Premier League. We won the Capitol One Cup this year too I am also the manager of Soth Africa and we were knocked out of the World Championships in the Quarters by Italy. So heres my squad.

GK:Ali Ahameda, 77 overall
RB: Joe Riley, 76 overall
CB: Steven Caulker, 80 overall
CB: I forget his name, sorry!
LB: Kieran Gibbs, 81 overall
CDM: Lucky Beloyl, 77 overall
RM: Obai Diop, 70 overall
LM: Raheem Sterling, 76 overall
CAM: Liam Ironside, 75 overall
ST: Michiello, 75 overall
ST: Jozy Altidore, 81 overall
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2013, 07:13 PM   #746
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hey all, I started a career with the Union in the MLS and it's fun and all, but I was wondering if there was any way to get more money because I want to make them amazing but it doesn't seem possible in FIFA as I won't be able to do any of the European tournaments or anything like that
Old 02-09-2013, 09:45 PM   #747
Rookie

An update on my Atletico Madrid career:

Still in my 2nd season. We sit in 2nd in La Liga behind Valencia by 1 point. We're currently in the quarterfinals (against Man City again, now with Ronaldo) of the Champions league, having gone undefeated in our group and beating Copenhagen 5-1 agg. in the Round of 16. Some Champions League notes: Manchester United did not even qualify for the league, Real Madrid did not make it out of the group stage, and Barcelona lost in the R16 to Dortmund. We're also in the final of the Copa del Rey against Barcelona after beating Valencia in the semis.

It was a busy January transfer window for me. Diego Godin got homesick and requested a transfer, so I sold him to Arsenal for $10 million. Christian Rodriguez was not getting much playing time, so I sent him off to Chelsea, also for $10 million. I then brought in the 19 year old Brazilian defender Marquinhos from Corinthians for $7 mil. I also bought Junior Fernandes, the Chilean striker for Bayer Leverkusen for $7 mil to be a rotation player. I also bought Willian from Shakhtar Donetsk (I imported them from the Creation Center) for $14.5 million.

Here is my starting XI:

------------------------Salvatore Sirigu (84 ovr)---------------------------
Juanfran (81 ovr)--Miranda (82 ovr)--Martins Indi (79 ovr)--Filipe Luis(83 ovr)
------------------Turan (87 ovr)--------Rakitic (82 ovr)--------------------
-------Lamela (82 ovr)--------------------------------Adrian (86 ovr)------
-------------------------------Gomis (84 ovr)------------------------------
-------------------------------Aguero (90 ovr)----------------------------

Bench:
GK Sergio Asenjo (74 ovr)
CB Marquinhos (74 ovr)
ST Junior Fernandes (79 ovr)
ST Diego Costa (82 ovr)
LM Ola John (78 ovr)
CB Douglao (75 ovr)
CAM Willian (80 ovr)

On the international side, we (USA) drew with Argentina 2-2 after a terrible penalty call in the dying minutes allowed Messi to tie it up. We also beat Ivory Coast 3-0 and lost to Cameroon 2-0 (simulated). We have a friendly against England coming up that will be our final test before the World Cup this summer. Overall, the team has really improved, and I'm hoping for a strong showing at the WC.

Last edited by jayhawkblue; 02-09-2013 at 09:48 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:07 PM   #748
All Star

cubsfan203's Arena

OVR: 24

Off to an insanely good start in year 3 with FC Dallas. Currently sitting at 9-2-0, in 2nd place believe it or not since Seattle is 9-3-0. We had our biggest victory ever against the last place Whitecaps, winning 6-0.

This is really a championship or bust year for us. It's gotten to the point where I have several players that are going to want $25,000+ a week, which I definitely can't afford as an MLS club. Brek Shea is in a contract year and asking for $35,000. I'm torn whether I should try to get rid of him in the summer transfer period or hold onto him for our MLS Cup run.

Coaching Career of Chris Matthews (CH2k8)
The Legend of Ocho Ocho
Old 02-10-2013, 06:59 AM   #749

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

Started out with Nottingham Forest, intended on staying there and developing with the club into a Premiership side. However Arsenal came calling, and I decided to go to Emirates in the January transfer window, ended up winning the FA Cup with Arsenal. Then during the summer Wenger decided to start shopping for strikers, but nothing materialized(realistic!) So I was planning on Arsenal4lyfe. However January transfer window comes and he signs three strikers, all of them a higher overall than I, so I request a transfer, end up at Ajax in Holland. I can deal, 5 players are on the Danish international squad with me.

Speaking of which the 2014 World Cup, we got drawn with Brazil, Finland and New Zealand.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:29 PM   #750
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

I started with Borussia Mönchengladbach, made no deals during the Summer Transfer window. Around November got my first International job offer for Colombia, than Korea, Boliva and CZech came knocing. Turned them down.

I applied to manage at Liverpool but they rejected me, saying not enough experience. Than VfL Wolfsburg offered me a gig. I turned them down.

Peniel Mlapa stock was rising. 11 goals and 7 assists and when the January window open, kept getting offers but rejected them all. Liverpool than came offering me a gig, so I took it.

Finished 13W, 4D, 8L in 25 games with BMG. Biggest win was 3-2 against Bayern Munich and biggest loss was 3-0 Bayer 04.

Packed my bags and left for Liverpool, where they are in 7th place with 36 points and Man U with 58 points. I got a lot of catching up to do, but Liverpool is built for the future with there talent.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:05 PM   #751
Rookie

Another update on my Atletico Madrid career:

Just finished the 2nd season. When I last updated, I was about to face Manchester City in the quarterfinals of the Champions League. The first leg was played in Madrid. I was really outplayed (Ronaldo and David Silva murdered my defenders) but Sirigu made a ton of fantastic saves and we managed to get a 0-0 draw. So now we had to go into the Etihad and win against Ronaldo and co. in order to avenge last season's loss to the Citizens. We got an early goal from Adrian and basically played defense for the rest of the match, holding on for a 1-0 win.

Next up we took on Bayern Munich in the semis. The first leg, played in the Allianz, was one of the most fun games I've ever had in FIFA. It was a really balanced game, with each team trading blows. We started off scoring with a Bafetimbi Gomis rocket into the upper 90, totally unstoppable for Neuer. 1-0 in the 14th minute. Bayern then attacked relentlessly, getting shot after shot stopped by Sirigu. Eventually, Arjen Robben slotted one home in the 34th minute, tying the match up. For the rest of the match, one team would attack, get a shot saved or parried, and then rush back to defend a furious counterattack. In the 90th minute, Erik Lamela sent a great cross into the box which Diego Costa headed home to give us a 2-1 lead going into the 2nd leg. The 2nd leg was not nearly as exciting, but Sergio Aguero scored early and the semis ended 3-1 aggregate.

I now had a chance to win a Treble in just my 2nd year of managing, being atop La Liga, in the final of the Copa del Rey, and the Champions League final. First, I clinched La Liga with a 3-0 win over Celta Vigo. In the Copa del Rey final I was defeated by Barcelona, 1-0 on a Fabregas header in the 55th minute.

I faced a new look Inter in the Champions League final. They had a side that featured Carlos Tevez, Robert Lewandowski, Raul Meireles, and an excellent Samir Handanovic. The match started and I continued my trend of scoring early, with Bafetimbi Gomis scoring in the 11th minute (unfortunately he broke his ankle shortly after). Later in the half, my defense had its only breakdown of the match, allowing Tevez to find room off of a long lob pass and putting it into the back of the net. 1-1 in the 38th minute. Eventually in the 2nd half, who else but Adrian broke free and scored his 41st goal of the season and clinched the Champions League for us.

I then began my World Cup campaign with the USA. Our group was Italy, US, Sweden, and Cameroon. Our first match pitted us against Italy. We started out decently on offense, getting a few shots, but had no goals to show for it. Our defense really struggled against Mario Balotelli and the youngster Giacomo Bonaventura. Near the end of the 1st half Italy earned a penalty. Balotelli stepped up and attempted a stutter step shot. Brad Guzan was fooled at first, but at the last second dove to the open net and parried the shot away, keeping the score level at 0. Fast forward to the 2nd half, where Clint Dempsey slotted one into the bottom corner of the goal off of a nice feed from Jozy Altidore to give the Americans the stunning upset to start off the World Cup. Up next is Sweden, featuring Ibrahimovic, Rasmus Elm of CSKA Moscow, and Sebastian Larsson of Sunderland.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2013, 11:54 AM   #752
Just started!

OVR: 0

One thing i would like in FIFA career, if i could have two squads, Major games i would play with 1st team, but minor game with reserves, to keep their morale above mid.
But still, its so easy to play with high end clubs. Started with Hamburger SV, and in 2nd season i got oppurtunity to join Chealsea with so huge cash already.

And now my team after one season in my control look this:

GK -- ter stegen 81 (22)
RB -- Azpilicueta 82 (25)
RCB -- David Luiz 82 (27)
LCB -- J.Okore 79 (22)
LB -- D.Alaba 79 (22)
CDM -- J.Wilshere 87 (23)
RM -- E.Hazard 90 (24)
LM -- Juan Mata 87 (26)
CAM -- Oscar 86 (23)
RS -- Neymar 88 (22)
LS -- Lukaku 80 (21)

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »