Home

Debate - Random/Silly Career Mode Events

This is a discussion on Debate - Random/Silly Career Mode Events within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2013, 12:29 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Debate - Random/Silly Career Mode Events

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ChicoBass
How did you get to where the board lets you make the decision to keep him? Every time I wait it out the board just sells him without my approval.
It's situational, really. The board sometimes orders you sell him or they'll do it themselves, but other times they say it's up to you.

Also note that it isn't entirely set in stone if you're told to sell him. I was given the option of selling Ozil or not when he was wanting to leave, which I decided to sell, but with Neymar they ordered I sell him, but I ignored it, transfer listing him to make the board happy but refusing all offers because they wouldn't even offer his value price. After the window ended the board sent me an angry message saying he was going to be sold on day one of the next transfer window, but in that time I got him to come around and all's well.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:48 PM   #34
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangash
It's situational, really. The board sometimes orders you sell him or they'll do it themselves, but other times they say it's up to you.

Also note that it isn't entirely set in stone if you're told to sell him. I was given the option of selling Ozil or not when he was wanting to leave, which I decided to sell, but with Neymar they ordered I sell him, but I ignored it, transfer listing him to make the board happy but refusing all offers because they wouldn't even offer his value price. After the window ended the board sent me an angry message saying he was going to be sold on day one of the next transfer window, but in that time I got him to come around and all's well.
Interesting. The time I rejected all offers the board just sold the player. So I'm thinking about just counter offering a huge amount so all the other teams back out.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:58 PM   #35
Just started!

Once I put on the transfer list a player who had been bitching heavily, so . A few days later the board told me that they'd decided to put him on the transfer list. ("Hello?")

Another time a player who'd been out of rotation started 5-6 games in a row, then he told me that he hadn't been getting enough playing time.

A star player refused to sign a contract extension during January, thinking he was too big for the team. 2 months later I threw wads of cash at him and he signed for 5 years. He is still thinking that he's too big for the team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2013, 11:08 PM   #36
MVP

I just noticed this last night. I haven't heard from a Barcelona user who hasn't been forced to sell Messi in their career. However, when you're not using Barcelona, Messi never comes up saying he wants out. I was surprised to see him with Barcelona on my 3rd year career mode
Old 01-22-2013, 09:23 AM   #37
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

yeah i never see him or cr7 leave at all. in my current cm and last cm, wayne rooney left man u around 5 seasons or so into those careers. i didnt see any other big names move, at least ones i wouldnt expect to move.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:25 AM   #38
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeamg0dly
So I pulled the trigger and picked up Lewandowski and Bale. Lew gets injured in his second game and is out 2 months. No big deal I have depth. Normally I score around 110-115 goals a season, last season i put up 96. So I had players not stepping up. I have simmed up to Dec and I have 3 players in the top 5 in goals. So people are stepping up this year. currently sitting at 4th, but it is tight at the top of the table.

but like i posted in my previous post. my defenders are driving me up the wall. I am dealing with two of my starting 3 injured and now the third is unsettled. I have depth (barely) to cover it atm. Its extremely hard when these guys are pulling cards on top of the injuries. So now I have to figure out who I am gonna get in the january window and maybe take a couple defenders on loan as well.

Lewandowski is a freaking beast! I've got him up to 88 & he won the boot last season.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:46 PM   #39
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

yeah he had a pretty good season with me, he lead the epl in assists and i think 12 goals or so. i sold him in the following season. bayern originally wanted 32 mil for him, but i countered with 62 mil thinking they would not accept it, but they did.

im thinking of selling bale at the beginning of the next season. his backup has grown so fast the past two seasons up to 87 overall at age of 24. if i knew he was going to grow this fast, i wouldn't have bought bale in the first place.

im not sure if i should sell though, having both gives me more options and pretty good depth. i usually rotate them every other game or every 2 games depending on the schedule. it has worked out very well so far, so im not sure if selling him will ruin a good thing. backup player is so versatile that i play him as my #3 cam when the schedule gets really crazy. im just worried because I do not have a decent 3rd option at LM yet, so selling bale would restrict how i play my stud midfielder.

what do you guys think?
Old 01-22-2013, 02:50 PM   #40
MVP

His backup can't play as a LM as well? Since he's CAM you haven't tested him out at LM? I had a CM who's positions are listed as CM/CAM and I played him as an RB on the national squad just to check what my options were, and he played exceptionally well in that position. His passing is great and he gave a sense of control in that area. Most of the plays started off at the RB. So maybe you can test him out at LM and he may become your man for that position!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »