Home

Crossing Thread

This is a discussion on Crossing Thread within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2013, 11:58 PM   #25
Rookie

OpTiOnMaStA's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Crossing Thread

That's interesting - I thought by alley-oop you mean the type of play I posted last. A cross from just outside the penalty box that goes in and gets headed/volleyed in without a bounce.

I'm going to try what you posted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2013, 12:55 AM   #26
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

yeah you could think of it like that. the problem with firing it from that far back is that the ball tends to hang a little too long and goalie will make a play on it if it gets too close to the goal, as well as defenders on higher difficulties. the idea is to throw it up around mid range but do it more horizontally.

both my strikers are 6"8' , so these small lobs inside the box are pretty absurd to defend. actually my whole team is above 6"0' with the exception of my wide midfielders. i just play a slightly slower pace then I used to but alot more physical. you should see some of my challenges, but that is another topic.

actually watching the video again, i didnt realize my cdm was using his right foot instead of his left. I think if he used the left foot it would have curled back inside to set it up nicely. this is a play i should have used my cam with.

Last edited by eyeamg0dly; 01-21-2013 at 01:00 AM.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:30 AM   #27
Pro

OVR: 1

One thing that I've noticed with crossing is that you want to look for a player running towards goal and the defenders. It doesn't matter how tall they are, if the defender is standing and your player is running forward then he will out jump the defender most of the time. This also helps with the difficulty connecting on contested headers with manual settings. Since your momentum is already going forward, the ball will also go forward and likely downwards... and we all know how difficult it is for a keeper to stop a ball that takes an awkward bounce in front of them.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:39 AM   #28
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

6'8"???

Ugh. If I had a 6'8" player, I'd sell him to a crappy league in Asia or something. That's just ridiculous and way too unrealistic for me.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:52 PM   #29
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
6'8"???

Ugh. If I had a 6'8" player, I'd sell him to a crappy league in Asia or something. That's just ridiculous and way too unrealistic for me.
both of my forwards are that tall ;(

then again though I am also playing as the Celtics.... lol

Last edited by eyeamg0dly; 01-21-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:00 PM   #30
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0

Here is my one and only suggestion. Go out and get Traore in the next transfer window. He is an absolute Godsend. He is 6'-8", and has 94 strength, and 90 heading. In other words, you put the ball anywhere near him on a corner or cross, and it ends up in the back of the net more times than not. I'm in my 2nd season of my Tottenham CM, and through 5 games, he has 6 goals, all on headers. And he has only started one game. I put him in usually at the 60-65 MIN mark.

However, as you can imagine, he isn't very athletic (reason he doesn't start, as I require all my starters to have 85+ spd), and doesn't handle the ball well. He is someone you want to set up any chance you get. He makes a great wall member on free kicks too. He is also only 23, and a 82 OVR, so he will set you back $18-25M

Last edited by Godgers12; 01-21-2013 at 08:03 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:20 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
6'8"???

I don't know why most if the scouted players are huge monsters. I have a keeper in my youth squad with high potential but he is also absurdly tall. Once I sign him I'm gonna send him out on loans and then sell him. I'd rather play against him because that height is too unrealistic
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2013, 08:33 PM   #32
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

here is a good example of my alley oop lob

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »