Home

Premiere League Championship... How is it decided?

This is a discussion on Premiere League Championship... How is it decided? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2013, 07:58 AM   #25
Rookie

Nieb498's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Premiere League Championship... How is it decided?

The largest difference between Europe and American sports and the reason I stopped watching American football is all the stupid commercials. The NFL is pretty close to unwatchable anymore. It's 60 minutes of game broken up by almost 60 minutes of commercials and pregame and halftime senseless talk. Awful, simply awful. I love how people mock "soccer" for having sponsors on the kits. But the same person will happily sit through commercial break after commercial break. I will happily take someone having AON or Samsung or Evonik across the chest of thier shirt if it prevents me from havin to be insulted by dumba** commercials when all i want is to watch the damn game. Sounds like a good tradeoff to me. Half of the audience for the SuperBowl is there for the commercials. Really? What the f is that? The las live game I went to was so awfully boring due to the non stop commercial breaks. Basically younsit on your rear staring at the scoreboard play name that tune or some other flashy pictures to distract you from the fact that you paid $60+ dollars to watch men stand on the field with their hands on thier hips or drinking water.
The reason I love "soccer" is that it's 45+ minutes of game, no fricking commercials, a little break for bathroom and snacks and then 45+ more of game. No BS, no halty jerky crap, no endless beer and car ads. Just the game played.

Last edited by Nieb498; 01-27-2013 at 09:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2013, 09:35 AM   #26
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nieb498
The reason I love "soccer" is that it's 45+ minutes of game, no fricking commercials, a little break for bathroom and snacks and then 45+ more of game. No BS, no halty jerky crap, no endless beer and car ads. Just the game played.
Yeah, I agree with that. I hate the commercials watching the NFL. I wish the NHL didn't have so much either.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:02 AM   #27
Rookie

Nieb498's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Yeah, I agree with that. I hate the commercials watching the NFL. I wish the NHL didn't have so much either.
Man I totally agree with you. I remember when the only commercial breaks they took in hockey was at the end of the periods. Then they added the commercial breaks at the ten minute marks which I could deal with. Now it's almost as bad as the stinking NFL.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:18 PM   #28
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

I DVR soccer and watch it when I work out at home. 45 minutes of weights, walk upstairs and FF for 10 seconds, then 45 minutes on the bike. All game time. It's the best TV sport. Most Americans can't get past the stigma of it though.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:04 PM   #29
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

The beauty of it all, the season is a playoff! That what makes it so special.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:31 AM   #30
Rookie

saucerset's Arena

This thread has brought up some very good points and I really enjoyed reading it. This link shows that the Champions League is like a playoff with a Superbowl type game. Just look at these matchups for the first knockout stage. There is some amazing talent here. I'm excited for this to start.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/c...xtures-results
Old 01-28-2013, 07:06 PM   #31
Pro

thbends's Arena

OVR: 9

I'm ok with the way things are handled now that they have been explained to me. There are a lot of unique things about FIFA with so many leagues that it opens up a lot of possibilities with Cup play.

However, I can't agree that the season is like a playoff. That is what college football has claimed forever and it's the biggest load I have ever seen. The Premiere League is different though in that they all play each other.

I still would rather see Man U vs Manchester City for all the marbles rather then Manchester City clinching with a win over QPR.

I think it comes to different cultures. It's like the whole acting hurt bit. Americans see that as a weakness while the rest of the world thinks it's strategy. In the US we think... Get you A-- up and play.
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
MLB: Texas Rangers
NCAA: Baylor

Producer/Graphic Artist/Animator-CBS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2013, 07:13 PM   #32

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by thbends
However, I can't agree that the season is like a playoff. That is what college football has claimed forever and it's the biggest load I have ever seen. The Premiere League is different though in that they all play each other.
That makes them nearly 100% different. And just because they don't play in the final game, doesn't mean that the two matches they did play didn't decide the title, I think the 6-1 game at Old Trafford certainly made a helluva difference!

Also, diving isn't considered a strategy by many people, and most footie fans hate it(right Luis Suarez?)

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »