Home

EA : No Next-Gen Pc version of Fifa 14

This is a discussion on EA : No Next-Gen Pc version of Fifa 14 within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2013, 05:23 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: EA : No Next-Gen Pc version of Fifa 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
Well, do you remember when PC got a next-gen version of Fifa?Do you remember how many years have passed after the next-gen launch? So, don't expect a pc version of Fifa before 2016.
That could well be, yes. The console version of FIFA outsells the PC version by 100 to 1, so the PC version would be low priority for good reason. In the meantime maybe PES 2014 PC will be the answer. Plus I'm still enjoying FIFA 13.

I'm not buying into the new-gen hype anyway. I don't expect new-gen FIFA to play much different than current-gen. It'll be a graphics upgrade with smoother animations, but with the same arcade-oriented gameplay. I play on the PC because I like to mod these games. But the more complicated these games get, the harder it's going to be to mod them. It's for that reason alone I'm really in no hurry to discard current-gen gaming.

Last edited by Yeats; 05-23-2013 at 07:27 AM.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:01 AM   #10
Pro

NightmareBooster's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
The FIFA 14 info that's been released so far made it clear EA won't be releasing a next-gen FIFA 14 in September. So there really was nothing to confirm or even be surprised about.
I don't recall saying anything about a next-gen PC release in September. You said yourself that you think they'll be releasing the next-gen versions along with the consoles later this year. Perhaps he was hoping it would be released then. Either way there was no way of knowing with certainty without some confirmation.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:56 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm not sure it matters, they can't even get current gen FIFA working right on the PC. The game is highly scripted anyways - a nexgen version isn't going to make that big of a difference on how much more script necessary. The FIFA 13 game has been saved by the moddingway and soccergaming communities, and that's using their own scripting and graphic modifications.

This would be much sadder if news from the PC folk that FIFA 13 has been locked to prevent editing of any kind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2013, 01:28 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareBooster
Perhaps he was hoping it would be released then. Either way there was no way of knowing with certainty without some confirmation.
Okay I see that. Me, I just assumed that because FIFA 14 PC in September won't be next-gen, that we'd naturally have to wait until FIFA 15. I did though predict a few weeks back that EA would release a current-gen FIFA 14 for consoles, and then in order to ca$h in twice in the same dev cycle, a next-gen version of FIFA 14 sometime around the winter transfer period. It's a curse being so cynical yet so correct all the time!

Last edited by Yeats; 05-23-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:40 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
This would be much sadder if news from the PC folk that FIFA 13 has been locked to prevent editing of any kind.
Cynical prediction: FIFA 14 (and FIFA 15 etc.) next-gen will go the way of the Madden series: locked player ratings and unable to change/alter values for Career mode. Which is why I'm not jumping up and down about next-gen. And it's why I only play Tiger Woods 08 PC: last game in that series where editing was still possible, before EA pulled the plug on customization.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:37 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

FIFA 13 with editing community will suffice just fine; btw yeats check your SG pm - I need those files to test bro!
Old 05-23-2013, 07:22 PM   #15
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

While I can't say I'm not disappointed, I'm sure it will eventually make the jump to PC (as long as FIFA's still on PC, that is). In the event sales of both consoles turn out to be low, I'm pretty sure they'd reconsider if it meant greater profits.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2013, 07:32 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

I hope that PES will still cater to PC users.

Regardless, this is sad news.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »