Home

How's Your FIFA Career Mode Going?

This is a discussion on How's Your FIFA Career Mode Going? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-30-2014, 04:19 PM   #3177
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How's Your FIFA 14 Career Mode Going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simppu12

Challenging the Champions

Stocker Signs!

After a month of waiting and hoping Hertha BSC's fans can be relieved. The captain Valentin Stocker signed a contract extension which will almost double his salary to 75.000 euros a week. The Swiss wide man apologized for not signing earlier but he tell his reasons behind that.
"The news are great for the whole team and the fans. Valentin is a great player who is very important to the team. It is really good for us that he's staying", said the manager Ganchev.

March 2015

Hertha 1 - 0 Borussia Mönchengladbach
Kovacic 51'

Hertha 1 - 0 Arsenal, (3-1 agg.), Champions League Round of 16
Depay 35'

Hertha continued their great form and they beat the English top club at the Olympiastadion. Hertha passed the ball quickly from player to player waiting for a chance to come up. In the 35th minute Memphis Depay played a one-two pass with Valentin Stocker at the edge of the box. Depay received the ball back and the young Dutch winger stroke the ball with his first touch to the top left corner. The rest of the game was mainly a not-so-interesting midfield battle with a few shots. The home fans of Hertha were singing and jumping after the final whistle.

VfL Wolfsburg 2 - 1 Hertha
Perisic 51', Soldado 63' pen
Ramos 77' pen

First versus second. Hertha were the favourites to take the three points. But no, the match was aweful. Everything went Wolfsburg's way. They defended well the middle, they defended well the flanks. And they goals? Terrible. Perisic got the ball on the left flank. He took a few steps to the middle and shot from about 35 yards out. A shot, which wasn't really powerful or hard to save which rolled on the ground. But no, Hertha's Kraft failed to do anything. He didn't react to the shot before it was too late. And a bit after that Wolfsburg got a penalty for handball. Soldado put the spot kick to the net. Then Hertha got a penalty for an ugly tackle when they were pushing for two goals. Ramos scored it and that's when the game basically ended. Nothing happened after that.

Hamburger SV 2 - 3 Hertha, DFB Pokal Semi Finals
Badelj 53', Beister 61' pen
Brooks 25', Drmic 64', 90'

Another tough game for the Berliners, this time against the side from Hamburg. The Berliners took the lead with a Brooks' header from a corner. Then in the second half HSV equalized after a through pass and a finish under the keeper. A bit later they got their second from the spot after another handball call. Right after restarting Drmic played the to Kovacic. The young Croatian passed it to Depay on the right wing. The Dutch man got past HSV's right back and he played a pass to Drmic inside the box. Drmic took a touch and with his second touch he shot a powerful shot to the near post's top corner. Hertha kept pushing on and the Blau-Weiss got their reward in the 90th minute when Max Meyer played a pass from the right through HSV's box. The pass wasn't that good or strong but none of the defenders nor the keeper got to it. It reached Josip Drmic who was at the keeper's area's edge on the left and he put it with his first touch getting us the win! Hertha were through to their second cup final in two years!

League Table

1. Hertha BSC, 73 pts
2. VfL Wolfsburg, 61 pts
3. Bayern Munich, 60 pts
4. Borussia Dortmund, 51 pts
5. Hamburger SV, 47 pts
6. FC Schalke 04, 45 pts
----------------------------
16. FC Kaiserslautern, 21 pts (playoff spot)
17. Werer Bremen, 15 pts
18. FC St Pauli, 13 pts

Press Conference

Good afternoon, Mr Ganchev. What is your opinion on the results this month?

All together, they were good. I'm only disappointed in our game against Wolfsburg. Especially our attacking and their first goal were aweful. I don't understand why Thomas (Kraft) didn't get to it! Even my mother would have saved it! And our attacking was... really poor. I felt like we didn't have attackers in that game. But it's past now, we're still leading the league by many points and we went through in the cups. I'm happy.

Valentin Stocker signed the contract extension, correct? How did that influence on the team?

Again, no comment. I do not talk about stuff like this.

Your next opponent in the Champions League is Liverpool, another good English team. What should be expect from Hertha?

Two victories and progression to the semi finals. When we play well, we can beat every team in the world. And Liverpool isn't one of the best, to be honest. If we continue to play well we might even end up challenging seriously for the trophy.

Is it true that the DFB (German FA) contacted you about becoming the coach of the national team?

Yes, it is true and I'm not sure about taking or rejecting the job. Germany are a great country and it would be an honour to coach the national team. But it might influence Hertha's success. So I haven't taken any actions yet.

If you succeed to win the treble this season, will you stay at Hertha or will you leave?

I'm 100% sure I will stay. I love this club and I'm doing great things with it at the moment. I wan't to continue doing so.

Thank you for reading the post! I hope you have enjoyed it! Any feedback and suggestions will be appreciated!
Well done on pretty much winning the bundesliga in only second season.
Keep it up and the Champions League trophy isn't far away either.
Old 07-30-2014, 04:20 PM   #3178
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiblue
Wow, quite a lot to catch up on! Before I get to everyone, let me update you on what's happening from my end.

I've just started a career with Sassuolo... literally, just started. I haven't even gone a day into it, just created the file and had a look through the squad. First impression is that this club is in dire need of a reshape to justify it having its own stadium (one of the few in Serie A). Quite a lot of deadwood, and I won't get a lot of cash for them, but I will be able to free up close to 200k in wages. Targets will depend on how much money I free up and what positions are required after the sales are made, but I will need a GK and a CAM for sure. Primary targets are David Ospina and Leandro Paredes, but I don't expect to sign anyone before deadline day, or mid-August at least.

Okay, let's start with Simppu. Hertha being in first place has ruined you. Where's the Simppu I used to know?! Nah, just kidding, sorry I didn't mention your career mate, but it's a foregone conclusion for me that you're going to win Bundesliga, especially with that monstrous lead. Good thing Stocker signed, though...

Vrabbit, glad to see you sticking with Alcorcon. I look forward to seeing how you prepare for La Liga. Arsenal, Chelsea, United and City have plenty of youngsters you can loan in, if you're interested.

Petch, good luck with Everton. I have a soft spot for them given my strong dislike for Liverpool.

Sunderland and Newcastle also coming along quite well. Brings back memories of what I could have achieved with the Black Cats... Hope you guys both do well.

Cathal, congrats on winning the double with Villa! You really worked your way back, and so glad to see you did it with a good English core.

JD, bit of rough luck with Lazio. Hope you get things going your way soon, you deserve to be in contention for Europe.

And Regens, no I'm not doing a Liga Adelante career, sorry. Not looking for that right now.
if Leandro Paredes is too pricey may I recommend Angel Correa from San Lorenzo? You're welcome in advance.

Thanks for the words on the Alcorcon CM. I think I'm going into the '17-'18 season though so those youngsters may have grown up by now

Spoiler
Old 07-30-2014, 04:22 PM   #3179
Rookie

jd200277's Arena

Lol. Am I the only one who is too young to work that's on this forum???
Old 07-30-2014, 04:24 PM   #3180
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd200277
Lol. Am I the only one who is too young to work that's on this forum???
I'm seriously under the impression that some of you knocked out a whole season yesterday while I was in this office. I wish I was a teenager again lol

Spoiler
Old 07-30-2014, 04:24 PM   #3181
MVP

How's Your FIFA 14 Career Mode Going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiec47
I don't know about other people, but I wouldn't do Hertha. I personally don't want to read about the same team. If Lasogga is the only reason, you could easily sign him with someone like Sevilla or Fiorentina or another team like that. Plus, I like the Sunderland career, I have someone for a rivalry

I agree. Simmpu has an awesome career with Hertha already and Cathal has an awesome one too with Aston Villa. I think you need to ask these guys if it's cool if you make a career with those teams rather than asking us. Just my opinion.

EDIT: just noticed this has already been pointed out. Sorry! I'm replying as I go and I had 3 pages to go through. You guys are on fire!

Last edited by _ChicoBass; 07-30-2014 at 04:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2014, 04:26 PM   #3182
Rookie

jd200277's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiblue
Wow, quite a lot to catch up on! Before I get to everyone, let me update you on what's happening from my end.

I've just started a career with Sassuolo... literally, just started. I haven't even gone a day into it, just created the file and had a look through the squad. First impression is that this club is in dire need of a reshape to justify it having its own stadium (one of the few in Serie A). Quite a lot of deadwood, and I won't get a lot of cash for them, but I will be able to free up close to 200k in wages. Targets will depend on how much money I free up and what positions are required after the sales are made, but I will need a GK and a CAM for sure. Primary targets are David Ospina and Leandro Paredes, but I don't expect to sign anyone before deadline day, or mid-August at least.

Okay, let's start with Simppu. Hertha being in first place has ruined you. Where's the Simppu I used to know?! Nah, just kidding, sorry I didn't mention your career mate, but it's a foregone conclusion for me that you're going to win Bundesliga, especially with that monstrous lead. Good thing Stocker signed, though...

Vrabbit, glad to see you sticking with Alcorcon. I look forward to seeing how you prepare for La Liga. Arsenal, Chelsea, United and City have plenty of youngsters you can loan in, if you're interested.

Petch, good luck with Everton. I have a soft spot for them given my strong dislike for Liverpool.

Sunderland and Newcastle also coming along quite well. Brings back memories of what I could have achieved with the Black Cats... Hope you guys both do well.

Cathal, congrats on winning the double with Villa! You really worked your way back, and so glad to see you did it with a good English core.

JD, bit of rough luck with Lazio. Hope you get things going your way soon, you deserve to be in contention for Europe.

And Regens, no I'm not doing a Liga Adelante career, sorry. Not looking for that right now.
Yeh i started out rough. Looks like there wont be Europa for me do to the season almost being over. Sassuolo is the worst team in my Lazio career, so good luck
Old 07-30-2014, 04:26 PM   #3183
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethalfish
Portsmouth 2013-2014 season
Goals: Gain automatic promotion
Reach the round of 32
Invest in a youth squad

Transfers in:
Pedro Azogue- Free agent 1.500 per week
Mahmoud Kahraba- Free agent 4000 per week

Transfers out:
Patrick Agyeman- Short loan MK Dons
Bondz N'Gala- Season loan Shrewsbury Town
Jack Whatmough- Season loan Southend United

My team;
GK T.Carson 61 age 25
RB D.East 58 age 21
CB B.Chorley 64 age 30
CB S.Bradley 61 age 21
LB N.Shorey 66 age 32
CDM P.Azogue 64 age 18
RM J.Wallace 64 age 19
CAM M.Kahraba 66 age 19
LM A.Barcham 65 age 26
CF J.Jervis 64 age21
ST R.Taylor 65 age 25

I have also sent out two 1* youth scouts towards Japan and Germany to try and get my youth team going and hopefully with more funds from a possible F.A cup run I will be able to get a higher level scout.

My first three friendly's were simmed as I have a hatred towards them.

League 2
York City 0-2 Portsmouth
Jervis 21' 77'

Capital one cup
Bolton 0-1 Portsmouth
Barcham 4'
Worldie goal by Barcham

League 2
Portsmouth 0-0 Cheltenham
Very Boring game

League 2
Burton Albion 1-1 Portsmouth
McCory 11'
Drennan 77'

League 2
Portsmouth 4-1 Morecambe
Taylor 40' 45' 72'
Jervis 50'
Grimshaw 89'
Taylor is so ginger it hurts my eyes looking at his hair.

Hartlepool 2-1 Portsmouth
James 18'
Walton 75'
Kahraba 22'

1. Hartlepool 12pts
  2. S****horpe UTD 11pts
  3. Chesterfield 11pts
  4. Southend UTD 11pts
  5. Oxford UTD 10pts
  6. Rochdale 9pts
  7. Plymouth 8pts
  8. Portsmouth 8pts
Portsmouth top scorer: Jervis & Taylor both on 3
Portsmouth top play-maker: Kahraba 2

This month could have been better as I would at least like to be in a Play off position but it is early doors and I'm still adjusting to playing league two football so after a few more months things should adjust accordingly.

YES! Is this your first time playing in League 2? If so I'd love to hear your thoughts on how it changes the way you play. Fairly good results in that first month I'm sure you'll continue to climb up the standings. That roster is definitely better than what I started with at Dagenham.

Spoiler
Old 07-30-2014, 04:29 PM   #3184
Rookie

jd200277's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrabbit
I'm seriously under the impression that some of you knocked out a whole season yesterday while I was in this office. I wish I was a teenager again lol
Im 12, so not a teenager yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »