Home

Fouls In FIFA 14

This is a discussion on Fouls In FIFA 14 within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How Do You Feel About EA's Philosophy On Fouls
I completely agree, fouls only slow down the game 1 1.20%
I completely disagree, fouls should be more realistic 80 96.39%
I don't care either way 2 2.41%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-07-2013, 02:39 PM   #33
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Fouls In FIFA 14

Yeats, back on the PS2 when you could get the games on the hard drive and tinker with the code people had some great changes that made the game play so great. I think it was FIFA 04 or 05.

Simple things like they added friction to the ball so it didn't always roll out of bounds over the end lines so frequently, they made the keeper kicks stronger and not always right down the middle, the CPU would play more contain defense, the keepers wouldn't catch everything (only legacy issue I can think of that was fixed off the old school game play fixes), cpu shooting frequency could be adjusted perfectly, etc.

Just little great tweaks that made the game play feel so much more alive.

That is what you are enjoying being a PC player.

The sliders we have on console come close but they are missing some really key ones.

Ball friction
Ball weight
Header accuracy
Volley accuracy
One timer accuracy
Keeper punt length
Keeper punt accuracy
Tackle effectiveness
Ball magnetism
Shielding effectiveness
Dribble moves effectiveness
Speed Threshold
Foul Frequency
Old 10-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #34
MVP

drunkenferret's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erithtotl
I haven't seen much mention of the ridiculous advantage play. It was bad last year and this year as well. If someone gets taken down in the center of the field just outside the box, the ref will not call advantage in real life because the ball was recovered by another player near the mid line, but this sort of thing happens all the time in FIFA.

If they just eliminated the excessive advantage play, you'd have a ton more fouls and free kicks.
Completely agree with you here. I end up with about two fouls a match called against the CPU, usually due to quick passing as a defender is coming in, and occasionally from changing direction quickly with LB. I have had it called a couple times when I've been pulled down by a defender.

Worst call so far for me was one where David Luiz came in at an angle and kicked the ball away from van Persie, the ball rolled right into Cech's hands, I breathe a sigh of relief as van Persie's momentum carried him forward, tripping over Cech who already has the ball, and...BAM! penalty given....WTF?!? My keeper had the ball before any contact was made between any players. Replay confirmed...luckily I blocked the shot, but still.

I also agree that offsides are called with laser precision everytime, and I've had more with 14 so far than with 12 and 13 combined.

That being said I do enjoy the game
Old 10-08-2013, 10:40 AM   #35
MVP

BL8001's Arena

Check out the amazing accuracy in making this offside call.

I think, I am not positive, but I think his boot is offside.

But it's offside when he is even with the defender and running back towards his own goal.

It just wouldn't be called because

1. there is an extremely high chance the linesman would not have seen the boot offside
2. he's gaining ZERO advantage running the wrong direction but most importantly running the wrong direction while being even with the defender.

So the game is so concerned with this. But some of the mauling the CPU gives out on the pitch are a-ok

http://youtu.be/UkpWrYBFjlY
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2013, 11:34 AM   #36
Prince of Plakata

Jolly Roger's Arena

Yeah, it's clear that EA is focusing on their bottom line, which means action-packed games with few stoppages for all the kiddies and football newbs (who, incidentally, end up with far more stoppages due to their utter ignorance of the offside law). You can't really blame a company for going with what sells.

That said, I wonder if they could accommodate us sim fans by having a "standard/casual" style and "simulation" style in the gameplay options menu. Here's how I envision it:

- The "standard/casual" mode would be the game as it currently is.

- Switching to "simulation" mode would vastly lower the player balance, agility, and tackle accuracy attributes, and raise tackling/jostling aggression. All of this would be 'under the hood'. I know very little about code programming, but I imagine this could be done quite easily, no? Switching to sim would simply tell the computer to change the relevant attribute values X amount.

That way, everyone could get the kind of game they want. I tried changing the attributes Yeats suggested in another thread, and they do indeed work to create a lot more fouls, but changing these attributes for every player on a console is just too tedious.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:28 PM   #37
MVP

BL8001's Arena

Well written Jolly Roger.

And yes I think it could be done for sure. If ratings can be changed and results come from it then EA could surely incorporate these things into a Tuner update.

Foul rate, ball friction, tackle radius, tackle effectiveness, clearance accuracy, etc all should be adjustable for EA.

I mean if now the cpu can do a bicycle kick in their own box to clear it right to the foot of one of their MF's that is coded. So they should be able to tweak the code so that that clearance is far less accurate.

Same with the Refs unless they are already peaked on whatever scale EA uses to determine their strictness. If it's 0-127 like some of their other games are and the refs are at 127 now we don't have a chance. If the rating is at 40 then we could surely get more fouls called if they raised it.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:48 PM   #38
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger
Yeah, it's clear that EA is focusing on their bottom line, which means action-packed games with few stoppages for all the kiddies and football newbs (who, incidentally, end up with far more stoppages due to their utter ignorance of the offside law). You can't really blame a company for going with what sells.

That said, I wonder if they could accommodate us sim fans by having a "standard/casual" style and "simulation" style in the gameplay options menu. Here's how I envision it:

- The "standard/casual" mode would be the game as it currently is.

- Switching to "simulation" mode would vastly lower the player balance, agility, and tackle accuracy attributes, and raise tackling/jostling aggression. All of this would be 'under the hood'. I know very little about code programming, but I imagine this could be done quite easily, no? Switching to sim would simply tell the computer to change the relevant attribute values X amount.

That way, everyone could get the kind of game they want. I tried changing the attributes Yeats suggested in another thread, and they do indeed work to create a lot more fouls, but changing these attributes for every player on a console is just too tedious.
This is why I love PC. Your "sim" description is exactly what my database looks like. I've lowered balance, agility and tackle ratings across the board.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:31 PM   #39
Rookie

macca2509's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
This is why I love PC. Your "sim" description is exactly what my database looks like. I've lowered balance, agility and tackle ratings across the board.
Would love to know by how much you changed each setting and which software to do this for PC edition of Fifa 14, thanks..
Old 10-08-2013, 07:58 PM   #40
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by macca2509
Would love to know by how much you changed each setting and which software to do this for PC edition of Fifa 14, thanks..
I use DB Master 14. Couldn't be easier to use. Load the database, export the list of players to excel, change their attributes, import back to DB Master and then save.

I change all Ref Card Strictness and Foul Strictness to their max value of 2

Set all players Standing Tackle to 1
Set all players Balance to 1

These two take care of the foul calls for the majority

Additionally I am tinkering with Aggression, Speed, Acc, Agility and Strength
I typically increase reduce in 5 point increments and am still trying different settings out. This change is really based on personal preference how much you want to edit it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »