Home

2 goals from 23 shots on target?

This is a discussion on 2 goals from 23 shots on target? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2014, 03:33 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: 2 goals from 23 shots on target?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
The shots are not the problem... I had an astounding 23 shots on target
Well they are in fact part of the problem because that's too many X3. Play on a higher difficulty level, raise User shot error and lower CPU GK ability would be the obvious things to do. And raising CPU team aggression tactics will prevent you from being able to get so many shots let alone sniff the CPU goal area. I play 15 minute halves as well and I seldom have more than a dozen shots per game, with half of those on target. Also with the PC version, lower finishing, heading and weak foot accuracy for all players for an improved and much more realistic experience.

EDIT: Re-reading your posts, what you actually seem to be upset about is the CPU GK's super-human ability. Why didn't you just lower your CPU GK slider to 0 instead of starting a thread on this?

Last edited by Yeats; 01-24-2014 at 04:14 AM.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:26 PM   #10
Rookie

RunnyEggs's Arena

OVR: 0

One thing that I have ALWAYS found in the FIFA games is the extra pass is always rewarded. If I have a shot that will most likely be blocked by the keeper, I will try to pass it far post or maybe just go back to reset.

This results on fewer shots, but I've had games with only 6 or 7 shots, but 4 or 5 goals because I went for quality.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:58 AM   #11
Banned

Just a question to OP. Are you talking about 23 shots or 23 shots on goal? Cause there is a difference
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2014, 05:07 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatiger13
Just a question to OP. Are you talking about 23 shots or 23 shots on goal? Cause there is a difference
"23 shots on target" = 23 shots on goal, seems clear to me.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:35 AM   #13
Pro

doyce7's Arena

Pretty normal to me. I have games where I have 15 shots and 9 or 10 on goal and have 1 goal. I also have games that I have 4 shots and 2 or 3 goals. It tends to even out over time. Just be more selective with your shots and try to directionalize your shots more. Try to be as on balance as much as you can when you shoot

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 01-27-2014, 07:51 AM   #14
Banned

@ Yeats

Yeah I now noticed that it said "on target" in the topic title. I didn't notice that before.

Anyways, I had a game yesterday in my Genoa manager career where my opponent had 0 shots on goal, but they had scored 1 goal. I won the game 3-1. And it wasn't an OG by one of my players. It got me confused. The goal didn't count as a shot on goal
Old 01-27-2014, 01:51 PM   #15
Pro

doyce7's Arena

I've seen that a few times. It's just a glitch

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2014, 09:53 AM   #16
MVP

cubsball899's Arena

OVR: 15

sometimes the game literally gifts me goals. it decides i'm playing well and deserve a goal. other times if i or the cpu score an 'undeserved' goal, the game will try to gift away the equalizer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »