Home

Possible gamebreaking WC 2014 glitch?

This is a discussion on Possible gamebreaking WC 2014 glitch? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2014, 09:53 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Possible gamebreaking WC 2014 glitch?

I thought that I might have done something wrong myself, since I am relatively new to the game, but I tested it multiple times and the same thing occurs. On the central screen, any event that involves a user has a soccer ball highlighting that specific day on the calendar. When I return to the central screen after the last leg of the first round, I have no more higlighted events. The only thing I can do is sim to my next user event. When I do that, it says that I have been disqualified. When I check the group tables, the opponent that I had just beaten is in the second round.

Also, I have no issue advancing when I play as one individual team, my problem comes when I choose user-control for more than one team.
Old 04-28-2014, 03:24 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by etnies55
Also, I have no issue advancing when I play as one individual team, my problem comes when I choose user-control for more than one team.
After reading your initial post, I thought this might be the case. I'm wondering if controlling both US and Montserrat would cause something like this. The idea being that the US doesn't enter the qualifying until later in the process and so it would normally use real-life results (unless you choose custom) to get to that point. By controlling two teams from the same region that enter at different points, you're asking it to ignore real-life results for one team and it probably has trouble determining which one.

Wonder if the same thing would happen if you controlled both Montserrat and Turks & Caicos (both start in Stage 1 of CONCACAF)? Or maybe Montserrat and Argentina (one CONCACAF and one CONMEBOL)? Seems like both of those should work ok as there wouldn't be any real-life results necessary to get to both teams' entry points...

DOA...did you have more than one team controlled?
Old 04-28-2014, 06:42 PM   #11
Rookie

^^that makes a lot of sense actually. The game is most likely coded to a player controlling only one team, however controlling 2 teams is still fine. But like it was said: the game probably has trouble determining which team the USA would face first. If you were to start the mode with the two teams, flip to the USA screen, the first match would probably say TBA. Since you picked "REAL" fixtures, the game has no choice but to select the real fixture for USA too, which eliminates you. I would say that using custom fixtures (still maintaining the IRL matchups) might solve it, but who knows.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2014, 04:34 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHAMM3R
^^that makes a lot of sense actually. The game is most likely coded to a player controlling only one team, however controlling 2 teams is still fine. But like it was said: the game probably has trouble determining which team the USA would face first. If you were to start the mode with the two teams, flip to the USA screen, the first match would probably say TBA. Since you picked "REAL" fixtures, the game has no choice but to select the real fixture for USA too, which eliminates you. I would say that using custom fixtures (still maintaining the IRL matchups) might solve it, but who knows.
I haven't gotten into qualifying yet (honestly...I've been too busy to play anything other than a skill game!) but I'm wondering if controlling Montserrat and US at the same time is ok as long as player 1 is Montserrat and doesn't switch to US until that stage is reached. I still don't think it would be the "cleanest" solution but maybe switching to US forces the game to sim until they enter?

Regardless, if DOA wasn't controlling two teams in the same region (or two teams in general even), then my idea wouldn't necessarily be true.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:52 PM   #13
Rookie

Has anyone played a campaign with 2 teams from different regions? Especially two teams that start in different places (ex: Montserrat and Germany)

I might play it, but I've been busy playing the online H2H world cup. currently as Germany in group stages. lol

I seem to be the only one with a perfect copy of the game. I don't have any issues that have been reported. No crazy form drops, no pseudo-qualifying, no gameplay issues. Crazy....
Old 05-06-2014, 12:01 PM   #14
Pro

poulka's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodjer
Not necessarily true...I remember getting eliminated in 2010 but still had a friendly (or two) scheduled after my last group match. I knew that I was eliminated so, at the time, I thought it was the opposite bug where I was going to advance when I shouldn't have. It was almost like it had the friendly scheduled well before I got eliminated.

Regardless, that sucks. I was actually excited to see that they started back as far as Montserrat-Belize but this would be a problem...

I am glad to see this because someone tried to tell me that qualification was not in WC2010.
F1 2021 Aston Martin Racing
Madden 23 Random play now matchups
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
Old 05-06-2014, 02:10 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by poulka
I am glad to see this because someone tried to tell me that qualification was not in WC2010.
There was definitely qualification in 2010 though, depending on who you played as, it wasn't always complete. I don't remember for sure but CONCACAF qualifying started in either Stage 3 or 4 so playing with Montserrat (not sure they were even there) meant that you automatically advanced to that point and had to sub out one of the actual teams that made it. You didn't have to make it through the first two stages to get there.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »