Home

Possible gamebreaking WC 2014 glitch?

This is a discussion on Possible gamebreaking WC 2014 glitch? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2014, 06:31 PM   #1
Rookie

DOAsaturn's Arena

OVR: 10
Possible gamebreaking WC 2014 glitch?

So I started a "Road to the World Cup" mode with Montserrat (CONCACAF). Just like in real life, the first round "playoffs" matched me up with Belize. I drew the first game 1-1 (at home) and won 1-0 in the second game away. With a 2-1 aggregate I should have advanced to the second round (my team was celebrating and the announcers were commentating on this fact).

Well, after playing a scheduled friendly, it simmed right through the second round and said I was eliminated. I went back and noticed Belize was playing second round matches and I was nowhere to be found. The scores of the first round games all mimicked the real life results, so it appears EA didn't account for players actually trying to qualify with a team like Montserrat.

I wonder if anyone else has ran into this with any other lower-level teams? It's apparently completely impossible to advance with Montserrat so I wonder if this must be the case for a handful of other squads (perhaps squads that also lost in the CONCACAF First Round)
Weekend Roady - http://www.weekendroady.com Sports and Travel. I'm a fan of the Nationals (MLB), Capitals (NHL), Wizards (NBA), Redskins (NFL), DC United/Montreal Impact (MLS), Crystal Palace (EPL) and too many college teams to count...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2014, 09:22 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Possible gamebreaking WC 2014 glitch?

Yikes that's an awful one. I re-posted what you wrote here on the EA forum since I know EA people actually look there. Unfortunately an EA admin said he had passed along all the prior reported bugs right before I was able to post. Hope he sees this one before it's too late to do anything about it.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:12 PM   #3
Rookie

DOAsaturn's Arena

OVR: 10

Thanks man, I rarely spend any time on the EA forums so I was kinda hoping I might find someone here to pass this one on - I appreciate it!

I'm going to test this again with Montserrat and some other first round teams in CONCACAF to see if I can replicate it. What's weird is the game didn't say I was eliminated until after the second round so it "knew" I had advanced, otherwise it wouldn't have scheduled an additional friendly as well.
Weekend Roady - http://www.weekendroady.com Sports and Travel. I'm a fan of the Nationals (MLB), Capitals (NHL), Wizards (NBA), Redskins (NFL), DC United/Montreal Impact (MLS), Crystal Palace (EPL) and too many college teams to count...
Old 04-25-2014, 03:32 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOAsaturn
it "knew" I had advanced, otherwise it wouldn't have scheduled an additional friendly as well.
Not necessarily true...I remember getting eliminated in 2010 but still had a friendly (or two) scheduled after my last group match. I knew that I was eliminated so, at the time, I thought it was the opposite bug where I was going to advance when I shouldn't have. It was almost like it had the friendly scheduled well before I got eliminated.

Regardless, that sucks. I was actually excited to see that they started back as far as Montserrat-Belize but this would be a problem...
Old 04-25-2014, 09:00 PM   #5
Rookie

I'm going to try this, and I'll update you when I'm done. Probably will be in an hour or two. I haven't had any problems with advancing or qualifying so far, although I've only used Germany and Ivory Coast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2014, 10:35 PM   #6
Rookie

its confirmed that there are friendlies scheduled before you even play the first round out. They are scheduled in January, February, and March on 2014.

And to finish, I did qualify for the second round, and my first match is against Grenada. So it must only be something you have dealt with. Its played on September 2nd, 2011.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:44 PM   #7
Rookie

DOAsaturn, I am having a very similar issue. The first thing I did when I bought the game was start a qualifying campaign with BOTH the U.S. and Turks and Caicos Islands. I chose "real" fixtures and the next screen proceeded to show a newspaper article about how the U.S. was preparing for qualifications, yet there was nothing for Turks and Caicos. I played through the first round with Turks and Caicos and won both my matches with a 3-0 aggregate score. The in-game announcers talked about how my team had advanced as well. Then, it simulated past the second round and said my team was disqualified. Here's the funny thing: I looked at the group tables from each of the qualifying rounds and they looked eerily similar. So, I checked the real-life standings from fifa.com and sure enough, it was EXACTLY the same. Every team, from every qualifying round accrued the exact same number of macth points as their real life counterparts. So, DOAsaturn, in your case had you played as Belize and won then you would have advanced into the second round, because that's what happened in real life...but, assuming my logic is correct, had you have won with Belize in round two, you would have still been eliminated because Belize didn't make it past round 2 in real life.

One thing did work for me: When playing with multiple teams, I chose "custom" fixtures, which allowed my teams to progress regardless of the "real-life" results. The only negative, in my case, is that I had teams like Curacao as an automatic round 3 qualifier and Mexico starting out in the first round. However, when playing with Turks and Caicos by themselves, regardless of the type of fixtures I chose, I was able to advance.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:56 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by etnies55
Then, it simulated past the second round and said my team was disqualified.
Could this be the problem here? If you SIM past a round and you are a weaker team, it would be expected for you to lose. The game won't automatically sim past a round without you telling it to. So perhaps its a user error that cause the game to skip that round automatically eliminating you, if indeed that was the case.

I played as Montserrat and had ZERO problems advancing to the second round. I simmed all the friendlies between games as well. Leads me to believe that it is a user error and not a game glitch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »