Home

FIFA 23 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 23 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2022, 07:09 PM   #17
Pro

adoptedscouse's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 23 OS Community Sliders

How are people getting on with slow paced setting. In the beta I found it caused the defenders to either just give up or have really poor positioning whereas on normal paced it eradicated it.

I’ve only played a couple of games on the trial so not had time to properly test it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-27-2022, 07:22 PM   #18
Rookie

EvertonianSteeler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoptedscouse
How are people getting on with slow paced setting. In the beta I found it caused the defenders to either just give up or have really poor positioning whereas on normal paced it eradicated it.

I’ve only played a couple of games on the trial so not had time to properly test it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I had it on normal speed for the games I streamed earlier. Ref was on very strict.
Old 09-27-2022, 07:44 PM   #19
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Lots of conjecture here.

On slow, I am pretty happy with the pace and feel overall.
As I said, it's just a prediction because I haven't actually played it yet. If slow on 23 feels good then great, I would prefer to play on that setting, but my experience with Fifa 22 was that slow didn't work 'optimally' for me. Defenders were slower to react, keepers had slower reactions etc. I hope slow doesn't have these issues on 23 but even the recent comments above make me doubt it.
Old 09-27-2022, 07:54 PM   #20
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvertonianSteeler
Everything as per Matts initial set except Goalkeepers upped to 75 as personal preference as too many goals at 50 for me.

Games felt good. First one was really tight until I messed up a few times and got hammered (not played much since Fifa 20)

Second game was very different more end to end but very enjoyable. Loads of fouls too
I think upping goalie is a good call, I think goalkeepers at 50 creates too many really soft goals. Playing on WC. Going to increase GK to 60, just to avoid large swings and take into account goalie skill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee_Simpson
As I said, it's just a prediction because I haven't actually played it yet. If slow on 23 feels good then great, I would prefer to play on that setting, but my experience with Fifa 22 was that slow didn't work 'optimally' for me. Defenders were slower to react, keepers had slower reactions etc. I hope slow doesn't have these issues on 23 but even the recent comments above make me doubt it.
I'd suggest playing and getting experience before posting in here. This is about sliders and getting them right based on in-game results, not a prediction thread.

Last edited by Broncos86; 09-27-2022 at 07:58 PM.
Old 09-27-2022, 08:08 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 13

Not played the game yet but saw the first post from matt that there are already a lot of negatives? This worries me and I just wish this year will be the year if fifa like 2k, i didnt play any of the games last year even when i own them both becuz they suck so bad…
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2022, 08:12 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Raising GK is questionable as we have shot speed at 48? Are you guys seeing bad animations such as when the GK pulls their hands away from where the ball is, etc?
Old 09-27-2022, 08:15 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
What's everyone using for referee strictness?

And why won't controller settings stick when entering a classic match?
It's a little annoying, you have to change the settings in the side-select part for kick-off matches. Think it's been that way last two years? I could be wrong. However, once it's set there, your next kick-off matches should follow.

This is another good reason why we test in career mode though. Good to see you, Mike.
Old 09-27-2022, 08:26 PM   #24
Rookie

Played with the first set on slow (full manual) with an average team (Sheffield Wednesday) and it was way too easy to get the wingers out of position. Either they were way to passive or they just attack in direct pass. In both cases they are completely out of the game and in 50percent of the time you had a pretty clear path to the goal.

On default pace this problem was noticeable too (with sliders) but not nearly as gamebreaking.

Thx for the work Matt - like always

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »